Darwin & District Cricket - 2012

Season kicks off tomorrow, the weather is good to go for a hopefully uninterrupted opening round.​
Round 1 - OD1 - Saturday 14th April

Darwin vs Waratah at Kahlin Oval
Waratah have generally been slow starters the last few years and don't expect this year to be any different. Their full list isn't here yet while Darwin has a solid base to pick from. Should be relatively high scoring, team that bats second will win this.

PINT vs Palmerston at Marrara
This match should be evenly contested, the square at MCG is looking the goods and hopefully the outfield is running as well. PINT are favourites based on the lack of depth at Palmerston.

Tracy Village vs Nightcliff at Tracy Village Oval
Anyone could win this match, both sides are undermanned, TV may have a slight advantage being at home, but the inexperience in the side and lack of time together may edge the Tigers ahead.

Come on give us your winners, don't sit on the fence even though I agree it is very hard to work out! Darwin to defeat Tahs only because they know each other, Pints will beat Palmerston and Tracy Village on the back of Simon Keen will beat the Tigers.....early flag favourites for me are Pints clearly, chased by the two teams who have imported nearly their entire teams.........TV and Tahs.

maybe we're wrong about old chips, bahaha unlikey. lucky win for the beagles, pint are more toothless than the diggers at the tigers and how bout those village idiots, letting sam gibson get his highest score ever in d and dca history!!!

there some rumor going round that districts have picked up a disowned darwin player from a few years ago. if the beagles aren't sitting top at the end of round 2 they're retarded.

His highest score is 74 but you knew that hey?

Gibson is not from NT I never played against him in jnr cricket. Also never played for the NT... though this was prob less about where he lived.......

Darwin's captain is a local player. It is more to do with everything with cricket club, who licks the presidents ass to who is captain. Unless there is a clear person or the president is not a complete moron.....

No Gibson is not from the "NT" but has been here since 2008 after moving here for work with his missus. So yes he is a local now starting his 5th season and been living in the NT for the past 5 years. not sure if you have to be born somewhere to be considered a local??

Doesn't say much for the 'locals' at tigerland. I'm guessing Pearson would be the only other far fetched option for captain unless Hatton came back. Tigers won't contend this year.

It seams they are also banking quite heavily on this 'outstanding' junior set up they have going. Off the top of my head i can name 2 players that are actually half okay?

Darwin & District Cricket - 2012. What a Joke, the forum should actually be called Darwin & District Cricket - 2012 - Keyboard Warriors.

Doesn't say much for the 'locals' at tigerland. I'm guessing Pearson would be the only other far fetched option for captain unless Hatton came back. Tigers won't contend this year.

Far fetched option...... what planet are you living on??

How does 2nd most hundreds for the club ever, winning games single-handedly, finishing in the top 5 of player of the year votes?

Being a payed cricketer for two years?

How many of you keyboard superstars have captained the NT at any level? How many of you are actually any good at all, or are you just good at taking pot shots at people? I have the balls to front up and put my name to the post how many can you say the same???

You are a joke this forum is a joke. Maybe if you spent less time waxing lyrically about how good you are and how shit everyone else is, and spent more ti8me in the nets you would move from c grade and stop being a **************.

If anyone disagrees with what I am writting or wants to write more about a nightcliff club that I helped build and fix a jnr program that had 2 sides to the number we have now.

I will be at the nightcliff sports club every friday, bring your boxing gloves and some ice and we can fix it like real men, not like little keyboard warrior bitches

Now now, lets not get too carried away here. We aren't taking digs at clubs or people we are stating the facts. It's not our faults that some clubs do not have the same set up/coaching/success/money. We 'Keyboard Warrior Bitches' are only debating our opinions about the current condition of clubs and the competition they are a part of. It is a forum, not a fight club so stop acting like a complete tool and try take some criticism? The most import thing about being a professional, which you should know all about being Mr. 'Paid Cricketer of 2 Years', is that you must be able to take criticism from people even if you deem it to be unfair or incorrect. So harden up century maker, and by century maker i mean the single, one, uno, 1 century in A Grade Cricket, and accept the fact your club is not going to perform in the foreseeable future with the correct group of players it has and keep your self inflating pep talks for when you are at home, by yourself.

I pity you - Abuse is very traumatizing, especially if it happens in your younger years when you're developing as a child, an adolescent, or early adult when you don't have the means yet to understand or cope. If you were a product of that or even in adulthood, it's not your fault, it is the person's fault that did the abuse. They usually have some disorder or lack of self-esteem themselves.

Sounds like you need help.

Jack Flynn of darwin cc was seen dancing in his underwear at throb nightclub Friday night before a g
ame, intoxicated. sources say he left with a stunner, possibly lady boy hopefully not. This was 4am! Good prep for first game jack

Jack Flynn of darwin cc was seen dancing in his underwear at throb nightclub Friday night before a g
ame, intoxicated. sources say he left with a stunner, possibly lady boy hopefully not. This was 4am! Good prep for first game jack

All I can say is that Jack and I had a very good night. 9/10 for the boy!

Back