Darwin & District Cricket - 2013

Ha. You guys are a laugh, I think the reality is you need to go start an Alice thread, because this is about Darwin & District Cricket, I'm more than happy to challenge your bullshit agendas there. Obviously if any blokes are interested in coming up to Darwin and trying out for a club, feel free to post. Otherwise you should quit with the Alice "Chip on Your Shoulder" Springs circle jerk as the only thing you're doing is bringing down Alice Springs cricket.
Get over yourself, I guess people below the Berrimah line aren't entitled to their opinion? Stop being so arrogant. No wonder Alice Springs hate Darwin so much. Facts and/or opinion aren't necessarily agenda either, if you had bothered to read any of the pro-Alice posts without a "chip on your shoulder".

I'd har
It's a real shame that people from alice springs bring down their own competition and players like that. It makes me feel a little ashamed to be honest. If you want to be selected for the Strike side then perform in local cricket and when you get the chance at competitions such as the Calder Shield make sure you also perform there and then you can have a real argument for Strike representation as players such as Clements and Scott Allen have done in the past and many before that in the old Calder days I'm sure. I hope people in Darwin understand this 'chip on your shoulder' is not the overall feeling from alice springs cricket because its not. In saying that I feel there are players that would be more than capable of performing in Darwin premier grade. But the reality is that if you really want to be noticed and make a name for yourself then you need to leave alice springs like players such as Reichstein, Crowe, Scollay, Jeremy Bigg etc. and go to the southern states or even Darwin as the case may be. If you don't want to do that then make sure you do something in the Calder shield. Anyway enough on alice springs cricket.
I'd hardly say being aggrieved at a system is bringing down a local cricket competition. I was just looking to get some profile for cricket outside of Darwin.

Get over yourself, I guess people below the Berrimah line aren't entitled to their opinion? Stop being so arrogant. No wonder Alice Springs hate Darwin so much. Facts and/or opinion aren't necessarily agenda either, if you had bothered to read any of the pro-Alice posts without a "chip on your shoulder".

tumblr_mexpafJ5851rouyxzo1_500.gif

Is that the world's smallest violin playing?

I'd hardly say being aggrieved at a system is bringing down a local cricket competition. I was just looking to get some profile for cricket outside of Darwin.

Then start an Alice Springs thread or a Cricket in the NT thread, hi-jacking another thread is not the way to go about it. Who are you going to blame when the new CEO starts or you just going to stick with the same old story. I guess facts go out the window when conspiracy theories are involved. We've heard your opinion a thousand times, you've got nothing to offer.

Ha. You guys are a laugh, I think the reality is you need to go start an Alice thread, because this is about Darwin & District Cricket, I'm more than happy to challenge your bullshit agendas there. Obviously if any blokes are interested in coming up to Darwin and trying out for a club, feel free to post. Otherwise you should quit with the Alice "Chip on Your Shoulder" Springs circle jerk as the only thing you're doing is bringing down Alice Springs cricket.

Sorry chips did that hit a nerve? Just saying that you speak of darwin cricket being far superior and yet a number of the Darwin sides have 75%+ imports. Darwin is "5 times the size", but yet cant fill 7 first grade clubs with enough good players.

No one is saying Alice is on par with Darwin comp, simply get you head out of the sand and relise that Darwin cricket without all the imports may not be as good as you think it is.

It may not be the comp that it is without imports, but that doesn't mean Darwin cricket isn't strong. Imports often choose to come here as opposed to going somewhere like England. Most clubs give them a place to stay and find them work and only a few actually pay, those being the clubs who are the issue mainly. The main issue is when imports keep good young players out fo teams. Last season Palmerston took probably the best approach I've seen to it. They had a guy over from NZ, Tom something-a-rather, he played the first half of the season in the A Grade, then was dropped for Tim Feehan (local) for the remainder of the year. Cricket Superstar injured himself then had to play through the grades to come back for Darwin, but he never broke back in, this can be blamed on his pea heart, or the fact that Darwin had perfectly good local plays filling the void. It's not about the shear number of imports, it's about what kind of domino effect they have on clubs 5 years down the track, e.g. Nightcliff's last Premiership winning side, and to a degree, TV's as well.

Pea heart.. haha rumour he is looking to change clubs? Maybe chips knows something..

Just another lad where do you see changes need to be made in order to promote junior development whilst also keeping the competition as strong as possible?

[quote="Just another lad where do you see changes need to be made in order to promote junior development whilst also keeping the competition as strong as possible?[/quote]

NTC is on track with their latest strategy as far as developing juniors goes, the issue is the clubs. The struggling clubs like Nightcliff and TV have the wrong people in the wrong positions as far as coaching goes, and due to their high number of imports they lack role models for juniors who are there to stick around and be something to aspire to. The general culture of some clubs needs to change in order for it to become a more junior-friendly environment. Yes, it's senior cricket, but pretty much every club has a number of under 17 players involved in either B or C grade and sometimes even A Grade, i.e. Andrew Frangoulis and most likely Will Anstey and Jacob Dickman at Darwin this year.

There is no lack of talent in Darwin junior cricket. However, as happens in every age group coming through, there are clearly teams with stronger junior sides. At the moment these are Southern Districts, much thanks to the shear number of juniors they have, Darwin, thanks to the back end of the Ronnie Andrews crew as well as many of their younger brothers and also the work of Tony Bonser. PINT also are relatively strong as far as 17's go thanks to the Peter Dickman era in under 13's. These sides make up the majority of all of the rep teams, right through to under 19's. The one thing that all of these teams have in common is that they have all had coaches for significant period of time, and very good coaches a that. Clubs like Nightcliff/TV/Waratahs only have Dads coaching or people volunteering their time who probably aren't the best people for the job. Yes, volunteers like this are hard to come by sometimes due to work and family commitments. The solution, every club already has a junior co-ordinator, but more often then not, from experience, these people work purely behind the scene in a more admin sense. Either appoint a senior player at the club to be almost a Head Coach and oversee the junior set ups, get to training and what not every now and then, or invest more time in your coaches. Most clubs now pay for parents who coach to get their Level 1 coaching accreditation, but why stop there? Have a workshop with the senior coach/s, senior players, see how things can be run better. The key to the junior crisis at the struggling clubs is the people in charge of teams, nothing higher.

Just Another Lad

I Agree with your points. I played my Junior Cricket with TV and we went through about 3 'Coaches' in 5 years and we find it difficult to gel as they would tell us different things. As you have brought up the consistency of having a figure like Peter Dickman doing coaching with PINT's from U13-17 is a great thing to have.

Recently Waratahs have put into place that import Brad Schmulian will take up a junior coaching role with the club. This is one of the HUGE benefits that an import can have on a club. It takes away the volunteering that a parent needs to do.

On the subject of imports, I think that they are great for the game of cricket in Darwin. They have allowed young local players, like myself, to develop their skills better and make lower grades of cricket competitive.

tumblr_mexpafJ5851rouyxzo1_500.gif

Is that the world's smallest violin playing?

Then start an Alice Springs thread or a Cricket in the NT thread, hi-jacking another thread is not the way to go about it. Who are you going to blame when the new CEO starts or you just going to stick with the same old story. I guess facts go out the window when conspiracy theories are involved. We've heard your opinion a thousand times, you've got nothing to offer.
Hi-Jacking! Geez, I didn't realize that the big boy posts on here were so special and sacred, limited to just Darwin folk and Darwin talk only, because God-forbid we mention another cricket association to add some interest to NT Cricket discussions. I might go ahead and start that forum, then just loquaciously abuse any person that attempts to add some diversity and color to a conversation.

Trooper,

I agree with what Tahs are doing, it would be very beneficial if someone like Nightcliff were to do the same with Calkin if they could pay him for it. I'm not against players being paid, i'm against players being paid as imports and not putting back into the club. Even if it is curating or doing work behind the scenes. Schmulian, from my dealings with him, will be excellent for the club. The point you made about gel-ing together is very important too. I had one coach all the way through, bar my last year of under 17's, but by then anyone with any ability pretty much acts as another coach anyway. Having one person for so long allows the coach to learn his players, learn where they need to improve and helps quieter kids come out of their shells, especially if they aren't gifted skill wise to fit into the more 'popular' members of the team. Multiple views and methods of feedback are important but if that means getting many different coaches who don't necessarily have a clear view of everything in a short period of time, then this becomes detrimental to the team and individual players. It is pretty much impossible to please everyone, but clubs should try find something/someone that works for the team and the club.

haha this is gold love the banter!!!! Alice and Darwin should have a game at the end of Alices season down in Alice, We make them come up here all the time, Thoughts?

Harris- Northen Distrits connections with Graham Manoe and Cam Francis, maybe PINT?

Beer- WA, so you'd think Tah's.

Highly doubt they will be playing in Darwin though, surely the CoE offers better facilities especially for Harris still coming back from injury.

Sorry chips did that hit a nerve? Just saying that you speak of darwin cricket being far superior and yet a number of the Darwin sides have 75%+ imports. Darwin is "5 times the size", but yet cant fill 7 first grade clubs with enough good players.

No one is saying Alice is on par with Darwin comp, simply get you head out of the sand and relise that Darwin cricket without all the imports may not be as good as you think it is.

The Darwin B grade competition is better than the Alice Springs A grade competition. So yes, the Darwin competition is far better than Alice Springs, with or without imports.

Hi-Jacking! Geez, I didn't realize that the big boy posts on here were so special and sacred, limited to just Darwin folk and Darwin talk only, because God-forbid we mention another cricket association to add some interest to NT Cricket discussions. I might go ahead and start that forum, then just loquaciously abuse any person that attempts to add some diversity and color to a conversation.

Go on then, don't forget to take your violin with you.

haha this is gold love the banter!!!! Alice and Darwin should have a game at the end of Alices season down in Alice, We make them come up here all the time, Thoughts?

Calder Shield is meant to be Alice Springs this year but will now depend on the Super League whether that happens.

Harris- Northen Distrits connections with Graham Manoe and Cam Francis, maybe PINT?

Beer- WA, so you'd think Tah's.

Highly doubt they will be playing in Darwin though, surely the CoE offers better facilities especially for Harris still coming back from injury.

Harris bowled in Bundaberg T20 against the Country XII. Tahs are floating around that they've picked up a couple of big names, doesn't mean much really though, just be another T-Paine job.

The Darwin B grade competition is better than the Alice Springs A grade competition. So yes, the Darwin competition is far better than Alice Springs, with or without imports.

Go on then, don't forget to take your violin with you.
You are clearly more ignorant, arrogant and simple than I thought. A Grade in Alice Springs is better than B's in Darwin, and its a clear insult to southern Territorians to think otherwise.

Back