Darwin & District Cricket - 2013

A's, B's and C's draws should be available by the end of the week.

Adam Dilley will be returning to PINT to give them a reasonably formidable top order with Rob Kensey rounding out the top seven bats.

Hard to see Pints losing too many games with that batting order.

How do you see the ladder positions for both the one day comp and 2 day comp chips?

As with most seasons up here, could we place a bet that the teams that take the field for their clubs in the first couple of rounds will be vastly different to mid season. Clubs will either realise they desperately need players, can't resist and actually say No to players from down south or will be waiting on their pre-season recruits to turn up.

It's slightly premature to be working out who will win all the games along the way.

Things need time to settle - "like sands through an hour glass, these are the days of Darwin crickets life"

As with most seasons up here, could we place a bet that the teams that take the field for their clubs in the first couple of rounds will be vastly different to mid season. Clubs will either realise they desperately need players, can't resist and actually say No to players from down south or will be waiting on their pre-season recruits to turn up.

It's slightly premature to be working out who will win all the games along the way.

Things need time to settle - "like sands through an hour glass, these are the days of Darwin crickets life"

Try telling that to your blokes who've already pencilled the flag in.

Hard to see Pints losing too many games with that batting order.

How do you see the ladder positions for both the one day comp and 2 day comp chips?

Top four will be the same, Palmerston may slip out for TV. The one day flag could be anyone's.

1stTahs 2ndPINTS 3rdTV 4thDarwin 5/6/7 all close Palmo SD NC
Top 4 buying big again witch is disapointing for the comp as we all see biggest cheque wins!!!!!

dilley calkin berry kensey lavers garner clarence allen, a few blokes are going to get limited opportunities you would think. looking forward to seeing the fixture come out!

What did he do in the other 4. To walk away after 5 years shouldnt have a problem leaving after one then!!!
I think Bell may be coping a bit of unwarranted criticism here. He moved clubs due to living arrangements as far as I am aware of. Everyone has a lean season, causing a run out for the first wicket of the GF set the tone for the entire game, his season wasn't exceptional individually, but if you win a flag generally you're doing something right.

I think Bell may be coping a bit of unwarranted criticism here. He moved clubs due to living arrangements as far as I am aware of. Everyone has a lean season, causing a run out for the first wicket of the GF set the tone for the entire game, his season wasn't exceptional individually, but if you win a flag generally you're doing something right.
Let's not forget he set up the semi final against the minor premiers with 90 odd. I reckon he would have been happy with his choice given the option between clubs at the end of the day - wooden spoon vs premiers.

lukey lukey lukey. if it had anything to do with living arrangemnts nightcliff would have been the team plus transport arragement for him was offered to him. i live with a fellow sd player 600m from gardens and 800m from darwin cricket oval. i make the trip 3 times a year cos ill must rather play cricket with my mates. but my morals must be wrong!!!

Let's not forget he set up the semi final against the minor premiers with 90 odd. I reckon he would have been happy with his choice given the option between clubs at the end of the day - wooden spoon vs premiers.

so when a club gets players like Tom Moffat and Jordan Silk to help mentor a player and develop him in a Austrlian Country XI member you leave fair call he won a flag but theres a lot bigger picture then that and it showed in a sub par calender year to his standards in darwin and champs!

so when a club gets players like Tom Moffat and Jordan Silk to help mentor a player and develop him in a Austrlian Country XI member you leave fair call he won a flag but theres a lot bigger picture then that and it showed in a sub par calender year to his standards in darwin and champs!
It is nice that you realise that mentors can have an effect on a players development. To say that is the reason that Bell made Aussie Country XI is stretching to suit your argument. Surely his own abilities come into it a little????? Maybe you can go and make a cake with your wooden spoon and serve it up to Bell next time he plays at Fred's Pass.....

It is nice that you realise that mentors can have an effect on a players development. To say that is the reason that Bell made Aussie Country XI is stretching to suit your argument. Surely his own abilities come into it a little????? Maybe you can go and make a cake with your wooden spoon and serve it up to Bell next time he plays at Fred's Pass.....

David King put a huge amount of work into Bell during his time at Districts. That's what I saw anyway. I don't disagree with him moving but if I was in his position I would have stayed but we're different players in what we want out of cricket.

Back