Darwin & District Cricket - 2013

Former 'Tah Sam Miller won the Bradman Medal during the week. Said that the Darwin trip did wonders for his cricket and he would recommend that all others do a similar thing. You can expect to see a lot more South Australian cricketers coming up during their off seasons now, primarily to further develop their secondary skill, as Miller did.

Former 'Tah Sam Miller won the Bradman Medal during the week. Said that the Darwin trip did wonders for his cricket and he would recommend that all others do a similar thing. You can expect to see a lot more South Australian cricketers coming up during their off seasons now, primarily to further develop their secondary skill, as Miller did.
Miller made a commitment for most of the year from memory and was therefore, in my opinion, a worthwhile player to have at Tahs and also the Darwin comp. It would be a shame to see other clubs prostitute themselves to individual player interests and take these blokes for a couple of weeks here and there. It short changes the club concerned and does very little for the betterment of the competition.

It would be great if these players you talk of make a clear commitment to stay for an extended period and attempt to win a flag of some sort with the club - whether it be for all of the one dayers or all of the two dayers.

Just remember, it is ok for clubs to say 'no thanks' when a player says I will come and play for you!!! Hell, the player in question might make themselves available for a longer period by playing hardball.

WA keeping an eye on him while he is in Darwin, much easier to do as apposes to when he would be in England, expect to see him at the HunnyPot quite a bit though.

So with the season less than two weeks away whats the confirmation of players for this season?
At a guess: Tahs and Tracy two sides of imports.
Pint - ??
Darwin - ??
Nightcliff - one player and all their cash be done.
Palmo - going old school locals.
Districts - bunch of 16 year olds.

Darwin will have a seriously solid group come August, Pint may be a bowler short when Logan isn't there, Palmo will be solid all year but with no Hanna and no Udara they lose 60 overs a day, Districts will persist with their young crop but i can;t see them causing too many upsets. Nightcliff will be Nightcliff, Tracey - Tracey.

Darwin will have a seriously solid group come August, Pint may be a bowler short when Logan isn't there, Palmo will be solid all year but with no Hanna and no Udara they lose 60 overs a day, Districts will persist with their young crop but i can;t see them causing too many upsets. Nightcliff will be Nightcliff, Tracey - Tracey.

Darwin's batting has taken a hit losing Doolan, Burton, Bailey, Blake Giarolla.

They may be good come August if Fawcett, Mathieson, Sheridan, Henriques show up but in the meantime they will need Chips to step up early season.

Round 1- Tipping

Darwin v Palmerston - Expect a close game with both sides missing a number of starters from last season.
Tracey v Pints - Pint flag favourites for all forms one would think.
Nightcliff v Southern -Marquee opener for MCG1. Nightcliff comfortably.
Waratah v Bye -Lucky for Tahs as they would struggle to field a side. Darwin airport will be busy next week.

Don't think you can read alot into round one, couple of weeks to settle down.
Interesting to see who Tracy put on the oval, haven't heard alot. PINT look the goods.
Nightcliff v SD - least its not at Nightcliff. Districts to strengthen up from the second game including a couple of Nepalese or Afghan internationals

Big question is - Who will the Mong turn out for?

They need it for the 7k they payed udara

Also Todd McCann is set to resume playing A grade for Palmo this year. He is looking for selection in the SACA team for the end of the year.
And what's wrong with getting a ground sponsor to assist in paying for a coach? Great move!!

A lot of money for one person when the club could use it in other areas maybe? Also a lot for one player that may cause issues within the playing group - ask some Palmo lads about that.
Quite cheap actually. Considering you're getting a coach, player and curator. This would also be new income that the club has never had before so they are already ahead of the game as I know their sponsors cough up a bit of money and have great arrangement with the sports club and members. Plus through their social calendar they do VERY well in raising funds. You would be very surprised how well funded they are these days outside of grants etc. I'm sure they will be fine with this signing as most, if not all clubs spend that sort of money on just a coach who doesn't play. 5K-8K would be the going rate for a senior coach.

Yeah I don't see any issue with Udara getting that amount if he is doing all that. The way I heard it was different but fair do's.

It is a bit rich to say that Udara, was the sole issue at a club where one of their senior players was kicked out of an NTIS program, where they accepted two players to Palmerston that had been suspended and/or dropped for disciplinary reasons from other clubs. The guy took 48 wickets last year and took 8 wickets in a grand final the previous year, has played 4 years with the Strike side and is committed to cricket, maybe these young blokes at the club didn't like it that someone was telling them their shit does in fact stink.

Today's write up in the paper is arguably the best pre-season write-up I've seen from the NT News. Hopefully that sort of coverage continues for the rest of the season.

Yeah I don't see any issue with Udara getting that amount if he is doing all that. The way I heard it was different but fair do's.

It is a bit rich to say that Udara, was the sole issue at a club where one of their senior players was kicked out of an NTIS program, where they accepted two players to Palmerston that had been suspended and/or dropped for disciplinary reasons from other clubs. The guy took 48 wickets last year and took 8 wickets in a grand final the previous year, has played 4 years with the Strike side and is committed to cricket, maybe these young blokes at the club didn't like it that someone was telling them their shit does in fact stink.

Today's write up in the paper is arguably the best pre-season write-up I've seen from the NT News. Hopefully that sort of coverage continues for the rest of the season.

I dont think anyone said he was the sole issue but he did cause a lot of issues with the playing group on the field. Do you know why this person was kicked out of NTIS? It was because he had missed gym sessions and I think you of all people should understand gym can be overrated sometimes seeing as you only have one tiny pectoral muscle and you obviously don't lift. You are exactly like reporters, writing down stuff when you don't know the full story! Did you speak the two about why they were suspended or why they wanted to move? Seeing as you know everything Chip can you tell if Palmerston had any problems with the two when they were there?

Yes he did get 48 wickets last year but for some reason you didn't write down the amount of overs he bowled to get them. He is a good Darwin cricketer but if you blow anymore wind up his arse he will explode. We will see how he goes this year for Nightcliff though, should be interesting.

Oh and before you go running your mouth next time Chip make sure you've heard both sides of the story

#SW

Back