Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nobody

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Div 1 Relegation???

Babies Arm;340526 said:
well done mate.

thats a keeper.

hahahaah u.15 accolades mean f**k all Joshy, take out a premiership anywhere and its well done, but bowling & batting awards dont mean shit until your playing turf grade cricket.. i got the 17's one but it means shit the premiership pendant over my neck bring more pride than the bowling average..

Jurassic Park;339912 said:
Well its been interesting reading all of these quotes and posts and god knows what other little stabs in the back everyone wants to dish out to each other.

Just to clarify a few things.
Upcoming kids Under 21, J.Jansen-19 (Improved year) R.Mills-18 (Consistant year), C.Hester-18 (Disappionting because he has the talent) T.Woolard-18 (Back from Geelong Improving) A.Williamson-18 (Pom Gone Home and will be replaced) K.Ford-29 (but looks like a 19 year old) LOL, D.Whitworth-17 (U'17 Captain Club Bowling average Juniors) J.Walker-13 ( Great 1st year of 2nds. Is improving evry week).

and there is more but thats just to name a few. Now with relagation who really cares you can't do much but try, if we go then we go if we stay then we stay and move on. There is no doubt that we want to stay in Division 1 and play with the so called top flight competition of Geelong cricket, but if doesn't happen then the sun comes up in the morning. It will just show tru character and passion for your club if these so called club people stay or they go. Too many people unfortunatley have left the club for whatever reason it is, but the club is doing the right thing by moving the youth and the club towards the future. If ( and i say IF) we go back then we go back give it a crack win a flag in Divy 2 and try to get straight back up again. Simple. It's not like if we play Divy 2 its the end of the world, we just against more blokes like Pete Willigan who we all know love (ha ha ha)

And yes i am the Capt/Coach the club and if anyone has any problems or want any questions answered then just ask im more than happy to tell you were to go or give you the answer done it ever since taking over, some people can handle some people can't its there chioce. Dont force things on people and if they dont want to then they face there demise and if they do then they get the rewards.

Anyway happy posting.
hey mate why did skinny quit coaching the club? im pretty sure he quit earlier in the year also?

daniel_son_91;340725 said:
hahahaah u.15 accolades mean f**k all Joshy, take out a premiership anywhere and its well done, but bowling & batting awards dont mean shit until your playing turf grade cricket.. i got the 17's one but it means shit the premiership pendant over my neck bring more pride than the bowling average..

good thing i got a medallion then isnt it Daniel

a for effort;345272 said:
Anyone know anything more about this? Will there be a meeting, press release etc?

It won't be 17 April. Sometime in May at the absolute earliest. GCA affiliations are due 30 April so I'd imagine they'll count the points (on the assessment system) shortly after that. There might be a clubs meeting in May (there was last year, not sure about this year); perhaps something will come out then.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;346332 said:
Any mail on who's up & down in all the divisions?

Not yet, but it might not be far away. Clubs are already receiving results of their 2008-09 assessments with a view to these being finalised at the next GCA management meeting. There's a GCA clubs' meeting on 20 May, so I imagine it will be announcd then, if not before.

Look here;346569 said:
Not yet, but it might not be far away. Clubs are already receiving results of their 2008-09 assessments with a view to these being finalised at the next GCA management meeting. There's a GCA clubs' meeting on 20 May, so I imagine it will be announcd then, if not before.

Friday the 8th May is D-Day what i hav heard.

The Truth 18;337984[B said:
]I've read here that Newcomb & District have asked to be relagated. If this is true there will be 2 brothers that will never play at the club again. [/B]
For the select few people that have worked there arses off to get the club there, then to just give it up without a fight is a total joke.

The leaders of the club need to have questions asked of them if this is true. I can tell you as an insider that the club has alot of young tallent, but yes it does drop off as you go down the grades.
Butt to ask to be relagated is just not on. With negativity like this around the club it has no hope of getting better.

Just one other this S.Anderson did a fantastic job leading the club. With the crap he put up with from certain people on a weekly basis, he stood up to the test, and hense the problem left the club. He also had experinced players unavailable for most of the year, and he still captained the side competetvly till the last round. Keep in mind sth.barwon passed them 9 down in the first dig. Well done mate.

What happened to the saying 'Well all be true to the old maroon and blue'.

do u think these 2 brothers will change their mind and play div 2 ? if they dont play it will b big loss 4 club.

Re: New club Coaches/Captains/Players for 2009/10

Hello GCA.

Can you please let the clubs know about relegation/promotion for 2009/10.

It's borderline impossible to try and recruit players/coaches when you don't know what Division you are playing in for the forthcoming season.

thommy_rissole;348006 said:
Hello GCA.

Can you please let the clubs know about relegation/promotion for 2009/10.

It's borderline impossible to try and recruit players/coaches when you don't know what Division you are playing in for the forthcoming season.

so this season the Thommy Tigers are looking to go up into Division One ? It would only be between Thomson and Manifold as to who is going up. I would think that Manifold's prior season in Division One would hold a bit more weighting in regards to the points for the previous 3 seasons which might see them slightly in front to go up. But I reckon it will be tight. Has Thomson played division one in any of the previous 3 seasons ?

gca_ipl;348020 said:
so this season the Thommy Tigers are looking to go up into Division One ? It would only be between Thomson and Manifold as to who is going up. I would think that Manifold's prior season in Division One would hold a bit more weighting in regards to the points for the previous 3 seasons which might see them slightly in front to go up. But I reckon it will be tight. Has Thomson played division one in any of the previous 3 seasons ?

Thomson as a club would relish the chance to play in Division One, can only think of one certain club who would refuse such an offer.

At the moment we are in limbo because if we speak to a highly credentialled player about coming across to play next season the first thing they ask is "are you guys in Division 1" and of course we can't commit to them so therefore they can't commit to us. Which makes the whole process of recruiting pointless at the moment.

2 months have passed since the majority of the competition had finished, how much longer do we have to wait?

Another week with no news is a week less we have to recruit top quality.

Manifold and Highton would also be in this position regarding Division 1 next season, same for Newcomb I would also assume.

Thomson played Division 1 when it was North/East & South/West but went terrible. But then Manno mid-table Div 1 last year, we finished 2nd Div 2. It's hard to gauge where everyone is at. I think Highton are well and truly in the mix also.

thommy_rissole;348031 said:
Thomson as a club would relish the chance to play in Division One, can only think of one certain club who would refuse such an offer.

At the moment we are in limbo because if we speak to a highly credentialled player about coming across to play next season the first thing they ask is "are you guys in Division 1" and of course we can't commit to them so therefore they can't commit to us. Which makes the whole process of recruiting pointless at the moment.

2 months have passed since the majority of the competition had finished, how much longer do we have to wait?

Manifold and Highton would also be in this position regarding Division 1 next season, same for Newcomb I would also assume.

Thomson played Division 1 when it was North/East & South/West but went terrible. But then Manno mid-table Div 1 last year, we finished 2nd Div 2. It's hard to gauge where everyone is at. I think Highton are well and truly in the mix also.

On-field performance only counts for something like 40% of the ranking criteria, IIRC. Things like juniors, ground and clubroom quality, tribunal records, paying fees on time etc make up the rest. You could argue that it's a well-intentioned system because it ensures that average clubs can't simply buy a premiership and get promoted, but it also has its flaws. It wouldn't be fair to miss out on promotion by a few points because some peanut in the 3rds got suspended last season, for instance.

I guess the point I'm making is that on-field performance may not be what decides who gets promoted. It's going to be very close and will probably come down to an artificial benchmark of a whole bunch of trivial factors like how many people from each club attended GCA meetings throughout the year and such.

thommy_rissole;348031 said:

probably a very relevant point in regards to recruiting. The old traditional club championship win (Div 2) and bottom (Div 1) at least meant that you knew at the final round of the season that you were being promoted/demoted, but now you are right you do not find out until May/June when other clubs have had a good two months head start. Maybe if it was just the case of clubs going up on down and being based on club championships then everyone would see the clear picture. This would be based on being able to field the right number of teams, etc, etc. Hmmm, if the number of Division One teams remained constant from year to year then this might just work.

a for effort;348034 said:
On-field performance only counts for something like 40% of the ranking criteria.

The remaining 60% is something that the club has a lot more control of. Attentance at meetings, qualified junior coaches, payment of affiliation on time.

I think that club championship is the decider unless the club has major shortfalls in the way it is run.

Most clubs with their finger on the pulse would score pretty much the same in the remaining 60%.

right arm medium;348042 said:
The remaining 60% is something that the club has a lot more control of. Attentance at meetings, qualified junior coaches, payment of affiliation on time.

I think that club championship is the decider unless the club has major shortfalls in the way it is run.

Most clubs with their finger on the pulse would score pretty much the same in the remaining 60%.

yeah it does and I reckon that almost all clubs do have that area sorted out now, but there is the unknown which Thomson, Manifold and Highton would have no idea where they would be playing next season. If everyone knew that Div 1 was 12 teams, Div 2 12 teams, Div 3 remaining teams and one team went up and one team went down based on club championship then the teams which went down would know what they needed to do and the team which was going up would know at the end of the season they were going up. There could still be certain standards, like number of teams, etc which would need to be met.

gca_ipl;348049 said:
yeah it does and I reckon that almost all clubs do have that area sorted out now, but there is the unknown which Thomson, Manifold and Highton would have no idea where they would be playing next season. If everyone knew that Div 1 was 12 teams, Div 2 12 teams, Div 3 remaining teams and one team went up and one team went down based on club championship then the teams which went down would know what they needed to do and the team which was going up would know at the end of the season they were going up. There could still be certain standards, like number of teams, etc which would need to be met.

or could the current criteria be done during the season so teams know where they stand at the end of the season, even know before the final round if a win in the last game is the difference between promotion and relegation. Like English premier league.

Back