DVCA Barclay Shield 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Barclay Shield 09/10

cold case;368660 said:
Its just not used to Bundoora beating Mernda Ist game of the season.

It's not used to us beating mernda full stop!! Think we got them at the right time, they had a couple missing and a few of there kids will be better for the outing.

Bundoora;368657 said:
got $105 collect in a multi to win by more than 4 pts but wanted Greg Inglis to get the Clive churchill medal for a decent collect.

What's with the dispute on our result? Does the computer automatically do it if the scores that both teams enter are not identical?

Ahh ok stiff mate!

nah john, your scorer disputed it because i missed a no ball haha he is a perfectionist, just look at his book!

Bundoora;368662 said:
It's not used to us beating mernda full stop!! Think we got them at the right time, they had a couple missing and a few of there kids will be better for the outing.

i hope im included in that kids bracket haha

Bundoora;368659 said:
Wonder if anyone from Riverside, or Epping, can let me know why Steve Gleeson didn't bowl on the weekend. I thought he had given it away but played yet didn't bowl......

A bit sore i think. Didn't do much preseason!

Plenty the dominating force this year. with a bowling attack from heaven and a strong top order who when they get going are unstoppable, they are looking gud for a finals appearance this year.

Brad Dean has got to be the most useless cricketer in the Diamond Valley. His bowling is trash and when he was captain it was a discrace to the cricketing community.

He really needs to retire from all forms of sport, punting included. The man sits at the Mill Park TAB collecting his $2 or $3 here and there. Seriously mate look in the mirror.

Does anyone else agree with me??

Bowls Steam;369076 said:
Plenty the dominating force this year. with a bowling attack from heaven and a strong top order who when they get going are unstoppable, they are looking gud for a finals appearance this year.

Yes Plenty has a good bowling line up. But a few big names out this week. That will push Jevon Kett up into the ones, and no you wont be keeping jevon and definetely not bowling but well done, hope you get runs.

In response to the young bloke who had a crack at me yesterday, having a look at your stats form last season at Rivergum cricket Club, please forgive me if i don't take your post seriously. Hopefully your 23 bating at number 3 for Epping in Barclay reserve last week means your showing some improvement. Look forward to discussing your assessment of me next time i see you in the TAB.:eek:

MATCHES 24

INNINGS 25
NOT OUT 4
OUT BOWLED 13 times

Runs 325
HIGHEST SCORE 36
AVERAGE 15.5

good win by the Macleod boys today. Lalor never got going after loss of some early wickets. Jesensek looked ok early, but too much pressure ensured that he ran himself out ( not that THE UNIT was going to run anyway ) . I hope yourself and Alex kissed and made up at the end of the game. Lalor all out for 81.
Macleod started the run chase a bit slowly and lost an early wicket and crawled to around 1/10 after 10 overs, then wood unleashed against some moderate bowling to finish the game some 9 overs later. macleod 1/82.
Will enjoy top spot for a further week, with good test against Bundoora at home this week. CANT BOWL has the wood on Harold Bishop aka Jason Nicholas dating back a decade - I'm sure he is looking forward to the challenge.

Macleod played very well against a very ordinary Lalor Stars unit. Macleod have good bowling depth and a decent batting line up. Good team.
Lalor are playing at about 10% at the moment. A really good test of their character over the next few weeks. Dissapointing but a big challenge.

cold case;369650 said:
Macleod played very well against a very ordinary Lalor Stars unit. Macleod have good bowling depth and a decent batting line up. Good team.
Lalor are playing at about 10% at the moment. A really good test of their character over the next few weeks. Dissapointing but a big challenge.

I agree. Volpe hasn't made a run since the semi-final. Isn't he on a double hatrick next week ? Two day game will be totally different. I'm sure Alex will bat all day, and will just require support from whoever bats with him.
On the flip side, we ( Macleod ) would encourage more one day games to be put into the fixture. In saying that, I reckon Macleod have played their best cricket for some time, and the opposition, their worst.
It's true we do have some good bowling depth. Rob Wise didn't even get a bowl yesterday. Tim Wise returns for the Sunday fixture and I doubt he will get a gig 1st up.
Do you reckon O'leary improved from last year ? He still seems to bowl a few down leg side for mine.

ps- Wadds is out of the punting. He reckons he is in too many punters club at the moment.

serg fernandez;369654 said:
I agree. Volpe hasn't made a run since the semi-final. Isn't he on a double hatrick next week ? Two day game will be totally different. I'm sure Alex will bat all day, and will just require support from whoever bats with him.
On the flip side, we ( Macleod ) would encourage more one day games to be put into the fixture. In saying that, I reckon Macleod have played their best cricket for some time, and the opposition, their worst.
It's true we do have some good bowling depth. Rob Wise didn't even get a bowl yesterday. Tim Wise returns for the Sunday fixture and I doubt he will get a gig 1st up.
Do you reckon O'leary improved from last year ? He still seems to bowl a few down leg side for mine.

ps- Wadds is out of the punting. He reckons he is in too many punters club at the moment.

O'Leary is a definate 350 + career wicket taker. He does bowl a bit too straight and always at maximum pace. I would sugget he bowl 5 kms slower as his stock ball and keep the extra pace up his sleeve to unsettle the batsman. Doesn't bowl enough bouncers. More mongrel would be beneficial also. He has genuinely improved and would definately fit into the Lalor Stars line up very nicely.
I was hoping Robby Wise got a bowl yesterday. The good bowler he is, I still would have backed our batsman to hang out there a tad longer.

Here are my predictions for Barclay Sheild this year.

1. Riverside (Premiers)
2. Bundoora
3. Diamond Creek
4. Macleod
5. Plenty
6. Epping
7. Mernda
8. Lalor Stars
9. Lower Eltham
10. Research
11. Eltham
12. North Eltham Wanderers

batting allrounder;370025 said:
Here are my predictions for Barclay Sheild this year.

1. Riverside (Premiers)
2. Bundoora
3. Diamond Creek
4. Macleod
5. Plenty
6. Epping
7. Mernda
8. Lalor Stars
9. Lower Eltham
10. Research
11. Eltham
12. North Eltham Wanderers

Riverside? r u serious? cmon even for a riverside player u would have to say that is a bit biast. and as weak as NEWCC mite look, u have to give them a little credit as they have a small chance of finishing last, and besides scotty gibbs cant carry a whole club to a premiership, no matter how gud he is. i think u definately need to reconsider your perspective on the barclay shield competition this year.

Wattle Glenn 2010;369372 said:
Yes Plenty has a good bowling line up. But a few big names out this week. That will push Jevon Kett up into the ones, and no you wont be keeping jevon and definetely not bowling but well done, hope you get runs.

yes i new i wasnt to be keeping on the weekend as mitch had been expected to take the main role at the start of the year and a far as bowling goes, i dont think u have much on my bowling anyway so i wouldn go as far as to have a crack at it if i were you and im not stupid enuf to think i would bowl in my first a grade appearance

Bowls Steam;370051 said:
Riverside? r u serious? cmon even for a riverside player u would have to say that is a bit biast. and as weak as NEWCC mite look, u have to give them a little credit as they have a small chance of finishing last, and besides scotty gibbs cant carry a whole club to a premiership, no matter how gud he is. i think u definately need to reconsider your perspective on the barclay shield competition this year.

Riverside have a few good players and don't rely on Gibbs as much as people say. Having said that, Plenty seem to be the team to beat this year (on paper) and Bundoora and Epping should be right up there. Apart from Plenty, there are no real stand outs so it is pretty hard to say a team WON'T win the flag this year, apart from a couple of obvious ones.

premiers10;370060 said:
Riverside have a few good players and don't rely on Gibbs as much as people say. Having said that, Plenty seem to be the team to beat this year (on paper) and Bundoora and Epping should be right up there. Apart from Plenty, there are no real stand outs so it is pretty hard to say a team WON'T win the flag this year, apart from a couple of obvious ones.

finally someone who speaks some sence. i totally agree with the plenty on paper thing and slavatore only managed the one wicket on the weekend which i think hurt them. and im not saying relying on gibbs isn a bad thing if he is taking 3 wickets and knocking up over 30 runs per week, but he is only human and pressure can do funny things to people. but again i like the way ur thinking on this one and it probably is too early to call a premiers favourite.

searching the valley;370053 said:
yes i new i wasnt to be keeping on the weekend as mitch had been expected to take the main role at the start of the year and a far as bowling goes, i dont think u have much on my bowling anyway so i wouldn go as far as to have a crack at it if i were you and im not stupid enuf to think i would bowl in my first a grade appearance

you should be happy with the way you batted, although you didn't score too many runs, you played straight and held your own against some good bowling (not including mine!!). I'm sure there are many more "A" grade games ahead, although it will be hard to keep your spot with 5 batsman to return this week.

Plenty will be the team to beat, but its early on, and teams are not used to playing one day games (its been a couple of years) so now the real stuff starts, you watch sides start to make their mark on the comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back