DVCA Barclay Shield 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Barclay Shield 09/10

100% BULL;392850 said:
I think history shows that Ball generally dominates Bat in finals.

I wish that was the case last year. You still have to bowl well and that we didn't.

cold case;392855 said:
I wish that was the case last year. You still have to bowl well and that we didn't.

Can anyone tell me, when was the last time a side was only 21 runs behind on the first inning with 9 wickets in hand, and somehow managed to get beaten reverse outright to lose the Grand Final. (ok, it hasn't happened yet, but it is on the cards)

Will be a great effort if Mernda can hold out the 70 odd overs that Plenty will bowl at them on Saturday, don't even have to chase, just bat the time.......wait and see....

WanderingUnity;392999 said:
Can anyone tell me, when was the last time a side was only 21 runs behind on the first inning with 9 wickets in hand, and somehow managed to get beaten reverse outright to lose the Grand Final. (ok, it hasn't happened yet, but it is on the cards)

Will be a great effort if Mernda can hold out the 70 odd overs that Plenty will bowl at them on Saturday, don't even have to chase, just bat the time.......wait and see....

It will be tough for Mernda to bat negatively against the attack of Rosbrook, Hubber, Salvatore and Cocking. It will be a tight result, i can't see it happening for Mernda after their middle to bottom order capitulating in the first innings.

I think Plenty will declare overnight. I would with their bowling attack and the iffy weather forecast. Throw in the injury to Deany and they are down to 9 wickets?
Plenty may bat for 3 or so overs to unnerve the Mernda batsmen?

cold case;393060 said:
I think Plenty will declare overnight. I would with their bowling attack and the iffy weather forecast. Throw in the injury to Deany and they are down to 9 wickets?
Plenty may bat for 3 or so overs to unnerve the Mernda batsmen?

I would declare overnight. Interesting to see the approach of Mernda, as they don`t have to chase and score the runs if they don`t want to. However to just try and bat out the overs and not play run scoring shots will play right into the hands of Plenty. I think the only way for Mernda is to chase the runs, don`t like there chances though. Plenty to win!

Great to see Johhno x 2 put on a great partnership. Johhno Snr in apparently his last game was tremendous. It maybe set up for Jamie Davis to smash a swashbuckling Ton in his apparent last game?

cold case;393105 said:
Great to see Johhno x 2 put on a great partnership. Johhno Snr in apparently his last game was tremendous. It maybe set up for Jamie Davis to smash a swashbuckling Ton in his apparent last game?

lets hope so, and put to bed the reputation he has earnt as the comps worst number 4 batsman

Mernda haven't batted 70 overs in Barclay Shield ever. Can't see it starting this week.

cold case;393143 said:
Unfortunately they batted for 110 against us last year Jimmy and made 298

Beat me to it:D

People have been quick to write off Mernda for the best part of two seasons and while they may have had some luck getting to 2/90 odd ( i don't know, i wasn't there ) last Saturday, they must have batted pretty well up until that stage. Obviously with Callum Dean injured, it makes it tough but it may only take one bloke to play out of his skin to give them a chance.

Bundoora;393144 said:
Beat me to it:D

People have been quick to write off Mernda for the best part of two seasons and while they may have had some luck getting to 2/90 odd ( i don't know, i wasn't there ) last Saturday, they must have batted pretty well up until that stage. Obviously with Callum Dean injured, it makes it tough but it may only take one bloke to play out of his skin to give them a chance.

Mernda would struggle to bat twice with 80 overs left. the only thing they have going for them is they dont actually have to play any shots, will they realise it?? i cant see them doing it no matter what happens.
weather is their only hope, and if the 4 piece ball comes in next year, we wont be talking about them come finals time for a while.

plenty $1.01 mernda write your own ticket

cold case;393197 said:
Bakes by 5 votes to either Gibbs, Minney, Rosebrook or Turner.
He definately deserves it.

Think Turnz may cause the upset, not many blokes to take votes off him

George;393667 said:
Think Turnz may cause the upset, not many blokes to take votes off him

Turnerz had some huge matches but unfortunately he cant get 6 votes he probably deserved for those games. Bakes to me was consistent in 8 games. Either way they are both stars.

Luke Rosbrook and Paul Baker joint winners last night on 17 votes. Still I think a few people scratching their heads as to how the umpires work out their 3-2-1. Round 2 Plenty Vs Bundoora 3 votes- A. Sing (bundoora) 5 catches, dnb. 2 votes- L. Rosbrook (plenty) 6-32. off 10 overs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back