DVCA: Barclay Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Barclay Shield

brutal;269084 said:
Don`t agree on Joels loss sapping the side of confidence, the way he has bowled the two seasons probably already did that. Joel Whyte bowling 5 overs off his long run woould have been far better that than the 10-15 off his short that he has delivered. His batting will be more of a loss, won our batting last season, Leigh McTaggart won the bowling. The Sri lankan will bat top order , so a top order that contains Turnz, Malone, McTaggart and the import is not much different to last season when alot of people said we should have been closer to finals than we were. I actually think from a bowling perspective we will be no worse off as there will not be the compulsion to give Joel the ball when his form did not warrant it. The import is a leggie which will provide a bit of variety. As for the young guys, most of the promiseing one`s have moved on to Premier or Subbie`s which you cannot do much about, however keep and eye out for Tom Gilmore, bottom age 16 who shared a 200 run partnership in the two`s last season includeing a ton and Darcy Barden a 6 5" tall fast bowler who at 16 is very raw but could be a smokie.

Hope you are right. Have always liked playing at Research (maybe not so much when McGinty and Whyte were coming in off the long run), great viewing ground, and good for the confidence when batting. Never had a problem with any players there and would hate to see you guys go down. Good luck for the year.

hey brutal what happend to the rumors of that keeper batsmen leaving his premier club to play at search?
is it true the pres resigned because he couldnt get the deal done with this talented young cricketer?

Let me take this opportunity to wish everyone good luck for the year. It's been a long pre-season and I think I'm lucky to come out this side of it.

Hopefully everyone can stay injury and controversy free ;) for the rest of the year and here's to finding some surprise packets at one or two clubs.

Heard rumour today that Arnberger might be offered the asst coach position with Victoria vacated by Darren Berry.
Will leave very little time to play at Lower?????

The430king;269111 said:
After knowing Burgs for a long time, he has a heart the size of Pharlap. Not the most gifted player at the club, but his heart is what carry's him through and what has made him in the top 10 bowlers in the comp. If some of the players around the joint showed the same ticker as what he does, they'll go along towards making the four. As for his heart for when he gets on the sauce, well that's what is lacking.

As for the clubs prospects, if the playing group respects the new men in charge of the club, well it will go along way for making it a much enjoyable place to be around.

The size of his heart is only exceeded by the size of your appetite....

bat11dontbowl;269309 said:
hey brutal what happend to the rumors of that keeper batsmen leaving his premier club to play at search?
is it true the pres resigned because he couldnt get the deal done with this talented young cricketer?

The young keeper is probably a season away. As for the Prez( X-Prez), he`s soft cock with no heart.

THE PREZ;269353 said:
Heard rumour today that Arnberger might be offered the asst coach position with Victoria vacated by Darren Berry.
Will leave very little time to play at Lower?????

I thought he originally had a job with Cric Vic initially when Lower first approached him.

Bundoora;269182 said:
Give the young bloke a break, he probably made the wrong decision in agreeing to play at Epping in the first place but it was Lower Eltham who appointed him coach and without knowing the ins & outs of the inner sanctum it's an inditement ( fu**ed if i know the correct spelling ) on some of the guys in the team that they did not get behind him, if in fact that is the case? If he had his time over again he may have made better decisions ie: lalor stars "run out" but to say he should leave the comp is shite!
I understand you have to earn respect but i would have thought he would have already had that after playing with the same group of guys the previous few seasons.
Good luck to him at the Clappers.

It certainly was the case IMO...a lack of maturity throughout the playing group (with the exception of the leadership group) made his a tough job, he's got a very good head on his shoulders who's only crime was inexperience and demanding everyone put in the same amount of commitment that he did.

Otis;269450 said:
The size of his heart is only exceeded by the size of your appetite....

C'mon Otis, the only appetite I have is for a slab of cans on a Saturday arvo, washed down with a bottle of Johnnie Walker. At least I don't have to sniff the barmans towel and claim that i'm plastered.

Bundoora;269182 said:
Give the young bloke a break, he probably made the wrong decision in agreeing to play at Epping in the first place but it was Lower Eltham who appointed him coach and without knowing the ins & outs of the inner sanctum it's an inditement ( fu**ed if i know the correct spelling ) on some of the guys in the team that they did not get behind him, if in fact that is the case? If he had his time over again he may have made better decisions ie: lalor stars "run out" but to say he should leave the comp is shite!
I understand you have to earn respect but i would have thought he would have already had that after playing with the same group of guys the previous few seasons.
Good luck to him at the Clappers.

I agree that we give the bloke a break. What crime has he committed? Granted, the way he got the job originally didn't look the best, but he always wanted to coach the club and wanted it to bring success. He wanted to bring discipline into the playing group, which I beleive is much needed, and no one gave him the support. Now with the pressure off his shoulders and all he has to do is concentrate on his batting, i'm sure he'll have a big year at Riverside, beacause he does deserve it. Simon, if your reading this, best of luck and i'm sure we will catch up soon enough. Cheers pal.

Good win by Lower Eltham over Research today.....

To defend 180 odd there is a good effort...

Burgs's nippy medium pacers continually landed in "the corridor of uncertainty", he took 4 for, nice start.

Do one of you Riverside blokes want to post your results, or were they that bad that your to ashamed to do so??????????

THE ICEMAN;269731 said:
Do one of you Riverside blokes want to post your results, or were they that bad that your to ashamed to do so??????????

You can look them up on MyCricket if you're interested.

Now, do you want to post your name and club, or are you too much of a coward to do so???????????

Bubble Wrap;269735 said:
You can look them up on MyCricket if you're interested.

Now, do you want to post your name and club, or are you too much of a coward to do so???????????
Good one dickhead that is what I was saying, you blokes have just got your results up now. And I can see why you blokes didn't put them up, don't worry I'd be ashamed to if I had to put those scores up. Good to se your two GUN recruits did well, Wella 10 whats the point in playin the bloke?

THE ICEMAN;269736 said:
Good one dickhead that is what I was saying, you blokes have just got your results up now. And I can see why you blokes didn't put them up, don't worry I'd be ashamed to if I had to put those scores up. Good to se your two GUN recruits did well, Wella 10 whats the point in playin the bloke?

So the answer is yes, you are too much of a coward to put your name and club up?

THE ICEMAN;269736 said:

on a positive note, well down to macloed. they would have been doubting themselves at 6/22?:eek:

and yeah, wella at 10 is an interesting stratergy.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back