Dvca - C Grade And Below - Season 2011/12

Yeah, I get what you mean by "I reckon its a discipline you can instill". Even 68 overs is an immense amount of time. Obviously. that's the way the games are and it's a fair enough attitude for your club to apply. However, with that type of game, I'm not sure it gets the best out of players. There's only one tactic to apply. I think players could get more out of a game when there's a middle ground, where there's more than one tactic to apply in the first place. Somewhere between batting out your overs out and attempting to hit every ball to the fence.

Can understand your point, and I agree with you. It isnt our only focus. But it is our main one. One that works. I believe it all depends on how much you want to win v how much you want personal achievement to be honest. Some will have to sacrifice so others can cash in.

Yeah, I get what you mean by "I reckon its a discipline you can instill". Even 68 overs is an immense amount of time. Obviously. that's the way the games are and it's a fair enough attitude for your club to apply. However, with that type of game, I'm not sure it gets the best out of players. There's only one tactic to apply. I think players could get more out of a game when there's a middle ground, where there's more than one tactic to apply in the first place. Somewhere between batting out your overs out and attempting to hit every ball to the fence.

So, the top 4 is set in e grade, the order may change though. The only way a team outside the 4 has a chance of getting in to the 4, is if one of Thommo, MP or epping can win 2 outrights, and for Banyule to lose both of their games (NOT HAPPENING). But the point of this post is aimed at Diamond Creek. I'm expecting to play an honest game against Epping next week, there is no problem here. However, you can see in earlier posts of this thread, 4thslegend got his rags over Bundoora Utd flippantly pulling out of the last round last year, at last minutes notice (seconds even). They already made the finals, the game wasn't to affect them, it was 37 degrees, regardless of justification, they just didn't give a ****.

Diamond Creek will find themselves in a similar position this seaosn, to what Bundoora had last season, playing away at Thommo for the last round. So I'm putting DC on notice. You lot are not going to pull similar ********. You're coming over and you're playing, GOT IT? :mad:

So, the top 4 is set in e grade, the order may change though. The only way a team outside the 4 has a chance of getting in to the 4, is if one of Thommo, MP or epping can win 2 outrights, and for Banyule to lose both of their games (NOT HAPPENING). But the point of this post is aimed at Diamond Creek. I'm expecting to play an honest game against Epping next week, there is no problem here. However, you can see in earlier posts of this thread, 4thslegend got his rags over Bundoora Utd flippantly pulling out of the last round last year, at last minutes notice (seconds even). They already made the finals, the game wasn't to affect them, it was 37 degrees, regardless of justification, they just didn't give a ****.

Diamond Creek will find themselves in a similar position this seaosn, to what Bundoora had last season, playing away at Thommo for the last round. So I'm putting DC on notice. You lot are not going to pull similar ********. You're coming over and you're playing, GOT IT? :mad:

Mr.Lara - you may have been a good cricketer, but your memory seems to have gotten a few holes in it along the way.
Apology can be sent to Bundoora United, the aforementioned club that did not play the game last season was in fact located closer to Plenty road.

Mr.Lara - you may have been a good cricketer, but your memory seems to have gotten a few holes in it along the way.
Apology can be sent to Bundoora United, the aforementioned club that did not play the game last season was in fact located closer to Plenty road.

Diamond Valley Cricket Association - E Grade
Round 11 - Sat 25 Feb 2012 (1:00PM), Sat 3 Mar 2012 (1:00PM)
Thomastown United def Bundoora
Venue: Thomastown East Reserve #2 [9-E8]Match ID: 1161531
Umpires: Umpire1: Alan Hibbert
Result: Thomastown United WON ON FORFEIT Status: OFFICIAL Points: Thomastown United: 6.00 Bundoora: .00

"They already made the finals, the game wasn't to affect them, it was 37 degrees, regardless of justification, they just didn't give a ****."

We finished 10th.... Glad you've moved on though :rolleyes:

That's it, you're right. I remember it being a game of insignificance. Now I remember fully. Had we known earlier, we wouldn't have pulled our 4ths from playing against Epping (They were top of F grade, that where i made the confusion). Everybody who was selected to play Bundoora would've just played Epping instead. But NO! That didn't happen! (I could've made 100!)

You can't deny blokes an opportunity to play. It's was enough to be pissed off. Not sure if anyone from DC would be reading this anyway. I'm sure they wouldn't be thinking of pulling out.

That's it, you're right. I remember it being a game of insignificance. Now I remember fully. Had we known earlier, we wouldn't have pulled our 4ths from playing against Epping (They were top of F grade, that where i made the confusion). Everybody who was selected to play Bundoora would've just played Epping instead. But NO! That didn't happen! (I could've made 100!)

You can't deny blokes an opportunity to play. It's was enough to be pissed off. Not sure if anyone from DC would be reading this anyway. I'm sure they wouldn't be thinking of pulling out.

You seem to contradict yourself a little.....

My apologies though, had I known you also had to forfeit your 4th 11 I would have informed you at 5pm Tuesday night so you had plenty of time to think about that 100 you were going to make against Epping.

You seem to contradict yourself a little.....

My apologies though, had I known you also had to forfeit your 4th 11 I would have informed you at 5pm Tuesday night so you had plenty of time to think about that 100 you were going to make against Epping.

Had you of done that though, we wouldn't have been able to listen to his whinging 12 months later....

Firstly, I'd just like to say that I was meant to delete the part about making 100. Just to be clear, I would never have made 100 against Epping, or any team for that matter. An outside chance for a 50? Yes. 100? No chance.

You seem to contradict yourself a little....
I seem to, don't I? The difference being, half our team didn't turn up at Epping thinking a game was on. Those guys who did, along with whoever was there at your clubrooms, and maybe scratch around for one or two others, and a game was on. I'll tell you this as well, something you can't deny. Had your blokes been in a position for a finals spot or better, we'd have been playing. No "Oh, we tried to get players, but we couldn't get any. Sorry about that" Things would've got done!

Had you of done that though, we wouldn't have been able to listen to his whinging 12 months later....
What's it to you? It's not like you're a huge contributor to this thread. I wonder if you were playing that weekend, BOTH weekends?

What's it to you? It's not like you're a huge contributor to this thread. I wonder if you were playing that weekend, BOTH weekends?

Yes I was playing that weekend.. But unfortunately, not both weekends, as we were washed out the second weekend. But if it means anything to you, we had already won on week one.

Which leads me to my question. Why are you complaining anyway? Every other game was a draw due to the wet weather the next week. The whole comp was I believe.

And it was 12 months ago. Are you really that upset 12 months later? Maybe time to let it go?

Yes I was playing that weekend..
Lucky you.

But unfortunately, not both weekends, as we were washed out the second weekend. But if it means anything to you, we had already won on week one.
Did you now? I wonder if we could've experienced a similar game. End the year off on a win/high.

Which leads me to my question. Why are you complaining anyway? .
Was I complaining, or was I (as the guy who keeps this thread going) just noted a possibilty in the up coming weeks and chose to post about it?

And it was 12 months ago. Are you really that upset 12 months later?
No, there's no emotion behind it anymore. I just chose to write about it because I thought of it. I had some other topics, but maybe they aren't appropriate atm.

can anyone help with this topic ...i was led to believe that a player can not be dropped more than 2 grades , can not seem to find it in the rule book .

Nah, you can change as much as you want. I played against Mick Mckeon (sp?), who at the time played Money Shield at South Morang in a H Grade game. To his credit though he only bowled 1 over and batted pretty low in the order.

Other than our H Grade team this year, which is a regrettable set of circumstances, but we're far from alone there, I can't remember the last time any Diamo side has forfeited. Certainly it's been at least a couple of years.

Back