Dvca - C Grade And Below - Season 2011/12

That point may have some currency if he were on the Barclay Shield thread.

But given the title of this thread I would suggest the kid has every right to pump himself and his team mates up.

Agreed, pump up your team when they are doing well and enjoy it while it lasts.
The Bundoora knobs have driven everyone away from bigcricket with their holier than thou postings.

MK - no not at all. happy to hear the thoughts of guys in the lower grades. just thought it funny that he was getting so pumped up about their bottom two grades doing so well, while their top teams just get pumped...
Our top 2 teams are a work in progress, we r giving the younger kids a chance to prove their worth. Thats more than i can say about a lot of teams, at least we arent still trying to buy a premiership with a heap of imports!!!

Went to the MCG today, first time in many years, '99 Carlton vs Essendon prelim to be exact :oops:, don't ask me why, just have. First thing I thought was "Man, Eltham College actually is bigger!" I thought those that told me when playing there were talking s***, saying it to pump up the ground, but no...no, no, no, no, no. It'd be nice if they made the outfield a similar pace as well. Dravid, Tendulkar and Ashwin played straight drives that went for 4, which would barely have reached level mid-on/off at college. The only thing that s***s me about that ground...well, that and having to play their Money Shield/Reserve team in G grade! :oops:

Our top 2 teams are a work in progress, we r giving the younger kids a chance to prove their worth. Thats more than i can say about a lot of teams, at least we arent still trying to buy a premiership with a heap of imports!!!
Who are you referring to here Gatt?? Surely there are still not clubs out there who are throwing money around and getting imports into their ranks to improve their club on field.

Should be fun for Thommo 4ths in F grade for the rest of the season. Sitting 5th, 3 of the 4 games are against teams that are in the 4! :cool: We've been a bit stiff, selection has messed around with us, more than normal. If we can get that sorted, I reckon we're better that 50/50 of making finals. At that point, I wouldn't be surprised if we make a huge impact, we'll wait and see! :p

Unbelievable scenes at Greensborough Park yesterday, Clint Monger of NEW smashed 251* and helped reach a club record 7/448 !
Poor form Bud, your first post on this thread is to gloat about what is, obviously, a great innings and score. Probably from some guy who should be playing Barclay Shield or thereabouts. Where were you the last 5 months? ;)

Not a bad innings anyway. I wonder how many A-graders could knock 200+ at this level? A-graders from Thommo? ;)

Rubbish today, playing Mill Park, aside from turning up to the scheduled venue only to find that the game had been moved. After barely getting off the mark, got a regulation nick which the keeper wasn't good enough to take.The ball bobbled to first slip, he wasn't good enough to catch it either...with his hands! Mr. First Slip, however, was able to catch it with his thighs! Who does that? How often does something like that happen? What's he got down there? I dare him to face the opposite direction next time he's at slip!

Rubbish today, playing Mill Park, aside from turning up to the scheduled venue only to find that the game had been moved. After barely getting off the mark, got a regulation nick which the keeper wasn't good enough to take.The ball bobbled to first slip, he wasn't good enough to catch it either...with his hands! Mr. First Slip, however, was able to catch it with his thighs! Who does that? How often does something like that happen? What's he got down there? I dare him to face the opposite direction next time he's at slip!

There was a game against Lalor Stars in the 1s a few years ago where i was keeping, and I had taken 6 catches for the day already. I was keeping up to the stumps off a medium pacer and the batsmen on about 40 odd got an under edge from a cut shot. Hit me square in the cods, I squirmed and hunched over and the ball rolled down and stuck between my pad and knee.

Stiff way to go out, and the batsmen couldn't believe it but it was obiously my day and the cricket gods were looking down on me with 7 catches.

Pretty s*** from Bundoora yesterday in E grade. They pulled out the team from a scheduled game @Thommo about 20 minutes before the game was about to start! To show how haphazardly it was done, the claim was that there wasn't enough players to field a team, then 4 guys turn up, without a clue they just forefeited!

There was nothing at stake, but excluding finals, you only get 11 chances to play, which is not a lot. On top of that, we pulled out our 4ths because we couldn't field 11 (more than 7, but not 11, should've played it anyway), had we known Bundoora's intentions, we wouldn't have pulled them out and played that game against Epping instead. So it completely f***** our weekend up and a s****y end to the season

Pretty s*** form from Bundoora.

Pretty s*** from Bundoora yesterday in E grade. They pulled out the team from a scheduled game @Thommo about 20 minutes before the game was about to start! To show how haphazardly it was done, the claim was that there wasn't enough players to field a team, then 4 guys turn up, without a clue they just forefeited!

There was nothing at stake, but excluding finals, you only get 11 chances to play, which is not a lot. On top of that, we pulled out our 4ths because we couldn't field 11 (more than 7, but not 11, should've played it anyway), had we known Bundoora's intentions, we wouldn't have pulled them out and played that game against Epping instead. So it completely f***** our weekend up and a s****y end to the season

Pretty s*** form from Bundoora.

Dunno why we pulled out, four players would have been enough to beat Thommo I would have thought.

Anything to do with a $$$$ draw that was held yesterday?? I see that the ODC side also pulled out....of a semi final!!!

Im a little removed from the club this season so dont take this as fact. I believe the saturday forefiet was legit, not enough numbers and have struggled all year. The semi final was due to lack of qualied players, go figure....

There was a function held yesterday but that didnt affect either side.

Im a little removed from the club this season so dont take this as fact. I believe the saturday forefiet was legit, not enough numbers and have struggled all year. The semi final was due to lack of qualied players, go figure....

There was a function held yesterday but that didnt affect either side.

Not that we need to justify shite comments from Thomo United, but the 4ths were hit hard by injuries (up the grades) Saturday morning leaving only the bare 7 players, 3 of which are young juniors. Ok yes we had 7 to start but not fair to play with 7 in 37 deg heat - given 3 or 4 were kids trying to make up numbers. Many phone calls were made but to no avail. Some of the players went straight to the ground from home so didnt know we had forfeited. Apologies to all concerned but unavoidable.

The Thomo blokes who were seen drinking cans at 12:30 when our boys did turn up, didnt seem too unhappy about not playing in 37deg either.

The Sunday ODC semi - we were caught by unavailability of qulaified players. Think we only had 9 qualified, 2 dispensations were granted to play 2 kids mid week = 11. 5 of the qualified players then signalled their unavailablility for the weekend. Leaving again only 6 Thursday night- with another doubtful. We could have gone back to the DVCA to ask dispensation for another 4-5 players but where do you draw the line...?

Sundays function had nothing to do with the team not playing. The 4 players that ended up coming to the function as they were now not playing cricket, basically helped to cover the fines we have to pay for the late forfeit. Would have preferred they played the final.

But one thing it goes to prove is that the ODC format needs a revamp next season. The whole idea was to play every 2nd week, to give guys who couldnt commit to playing every week the chance to play cricket.
Instead the comp is drawn to play 14 weeks, plus 2 finals - within the 18 weeks in the standard season - basically every weekend !!
So you are asking blokes - who cannot commit every week - to play every week...???
No surprise we played 46 players thru these 14 matches ( well 11 if you count 3 forfeits for & against).

The comp needs to play every second weekend. (maybe even opposite weeks to the Vets comp) - playing everyone once. ie if 10 teams in the division then play 9 games. 8 teams then maybe only 7 games.

We raised this review as an agenda item and hope that the Executive will select a date, venue and Clubs such as Bundoora (who decided not to take part in the working party last winter) will send a rep along. Once our recommendations were presented and subsequently changed all we got was an email from Bundoora bagging the daylights out of the proposal. Let's not use these forums to make change, lets get involved!

We raised this review as an agenda item and hope that the Executive will select a date, venue and Clubs such as Bundoora (who decided not to take part in the working party last winter) will send a rep along. Once our recommendations were presented and subsequently changed all we got was an email from Bundoora bagging the daylights out of the proposal. Let's not use these forums to make change, lets get involved!

Thats disappointing.

Back