DVCA Money Shield 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

French Cut

DVCA Money Shield 09/10

Well most clubs would of started or getting ready to start......what are the scoops so far??

Who's going where and what for??

Who will be strong and who wont??

Will Borough and Taipans just ease in?? Or are they in for a shock??

Lets get it on....Bring on 09/10.......

Re: DVCA Money Shield

French Cut;358043 said:
Well most clubs would of started or getting ready to start......what are the scoops so far??

Reckon Camrea and Greensborough will be ok but will be in for a shock if people think theyll waltz through. I gonna have a crack at ranking the teams as of now (which means absolutely nothing as only going on rumour and last year)

1. Camrea
2. Eltham College
3. St. Francis
4. Yarrambat
5. South Morang
6. Lower Plenty
7. Montmorency
8. Greensborough
9 Whittlesea
10. Hurstbridge
11. Panton Hill
12. Thomastown Utd.
13. Mill Park
14. Bundoora Utd.

Any word around about Thommo?? Know Davoine is capt/coach, picked up anyone else??
Also Morang and Yarrambat nothing much heard about. Is Ronnie still guiding the ship at the Bats this year and have Morang recruited anyone??

Concussion;358057 said:
Reckon Camrea and Greensborough will be ok but will be in for a shock if people think theyll waltz through. I gonna have a crack at ranking the teams as of now (which means absolutely nothing as only going on rumour and last year)

1. Camrea 3rd (Lost 3 key young players).
2. Eltham College 5th (Will continue to underachieve)
3. St. Francis 1st (Picked up 2 bats and a yet to be named quick from another comp)
4. Yarrambat 2nd (Hopefully will make the Grand Final so we can all have a laugh)
5. South Morang 7th (Sources say Batting will be worse than last year)
6. Lower Plenty 4th (Can't be as bad as the team that can come down last season)
7. Montmorency 8th (Will beat the ordinary sides but no match for the top sides)
8. Greensborough 6th (Average HDCA side who will find it tough at first)
9 Whittlesea 9th (New coach will have to take 40 wickets to be in the mix)
10. Hurstbridge 13th (Looking forward to 3rd division next year)
11. Panton Hill 10th (3-4 wins may be there limit)
12. Thomastown Utd 11th (Same faces mean long season)
13. Mill Park 12th (New president, Same ordinary players)
14. Bundoora Utd. 14th (maybe we are rating them too high)

Any word around about Thommo?? Know Davoine is capt/coach, picked up anyone else??
Also Morang and Yarrambat nothing much heard about. Is Ronnie still guiding the ship at the Bats this year and have Morang recruited anyone??
Your rankings on the left concussion are close enough

Teapicker;358074 said:

St francis.......will the quick just bowl no ball after no ball then complain about the run ups....and piss off?????

Or will the bats be flat track bullies on a batmans paradise then go missin when it matters if they make it?????

Just a couple of questions on everybodys lips im tippin....

French Cut;358043 said:

Just been to my first training session for the year.
Couple of new guys that seem to be able to hold the bat, plus Undies is back this year.
Also interesting to see an ex-Mill Park coach sending a few down. Going by what our coach had to say afterwards, not sure that he'll come across, but he would be a handy pick up.

legend of a bear;358120 said:
Couple of new guys that seem to be able to hold the bat, plus Undies is back this year.
Also interesting to see an ex-Mill Park coach sending a few down. Going by what our coach had to say afterwards, not sure that he'll come across, but he would be a handy pick up.

Obviously the Blue Baggers are gone for you to be starting pre season this early:)

Teapicker;358074 said:
Seems like we are on the same brainwave Picker!! Seem to know a fair bit about St.Francis and Camrea!!

Concussion;358127 said:
Seems like we are on the same brainwave Picker!! Seem to know a fair bit about St.Francis and Camrea!!

Well they are the clubs that seem to talk the most crap out there in the big wide world so hence the most information can be gathered from them. I'm going to get 1/2 a brain removed and head up to the Panton Hill Pub Friday Night to see what they've been up too.

Picker Out

legend of a bear;358120 said:

I never knew shifta "Knackers" Peterson was a bowler.....!!!!!!

Concussion;358057 said:

1. Camrea
2. Eltham College
3. St. Francis
4. Yarrambat
5. South Morang
6. Lower Plenty
7. Montmorency
8. Greensborough
9 Whittlesea
10. Hurstbridge
11. Panton Hill
12. Thomastown Utd.
13. Mill Park
14. Bundoora Utd.

will be a good and close year in money this is how i think it will end up

1. st Francis
2. Lower Plenty
3. College
4. Camrea
5. Mont
6. Greensborough
7. Yarrambat
8. Mill Park
9. Morang
10. Whittlesa
11. Panton Hill
12. Hursty
13.Thomastown
14. Bundy utd

Gleeson Medal - Travis Hand (mont)

Originally Posted by Concussion

1. Camrea 3rd. can't go past form, currently the only premiership team in money, would'nt put my coin on them to short. (Lost 3 key young players). 2. Eltham College 5th (Will continue to underachieve) Kennel,the Gleeson medalist, malone, chippa just to name a few,good team.3. St. Francis 1st (Picked up 2 bats and a yet to be named quick from another comp) Picked up one bat John Wallace, no quick bowler. all of last years players retained. 4. Yarrambat 2nd (Hopefully will make the Grand Final so we can all have a laugh)
5. South Morang 7th (Sources say Batting will be worse than last year)
6. Lower Plenty 4th (Can't be as bad as the team that can come down last season) Equal Flag favourites with Camrea
7. Montmorency 8th (Will beat the ordinary sides but no match for the top sides)
8. Greensborough 6th (Average HDCA side who will find it tough at first)
9 Whittlesea 9th (New coach will have to take 40 wickets to be in the mix)
10. Hurstbridge 13th (Looking forward to 3rd division next year)
11. Panton Hill 10th (3-4 wins may be there limit)
12. Thomastown Utd 11th (Same faces mean long season)
13. Mill Park 12th (New president, Same ordinary players)
14. Bundoora Utd. 14th (maybe we are rating them too high)

Gutto back to back medals, he's shorter then Camrea to win the flag.

The interesting thing about this season is how teams will adapt to the one-dayers best. With only 40 overs and maybe a 4 piece ball introduced and also bowling restrictions coming into play (8 overs) it may not be about who has the best 3-4 players i think it's going to be who has the most depth.

Its easy to have 2-3 good bowlers bowling the whole 40 overs but if restrictions come in thats only 24 overs from your good bowlers and still have to get another 16 from somewhere so some clubs with alot of bowling depth and other options could have a good advantage.

Also the team with good batting depth on those flat wickets will make good scores if the 4 piece ball comes in so will be an interesting season and will be hard attempting to guess the ladder positions until maybe christmas when we find out a little more about everyone.

Im definately excited about the season this year, playing against different teams, different quality players and i cant wait until Round 1. I think it will be a very even season with some great games ahead!

Nudie Run;358187 said:

1. st Francis
2. Lower Plenty
3. College
4. Camrea
5. Mont
6. Greensborough
7. Yarrambat
8. Mill Park
9. Morang
10. Whittlesa
11. Panton Hill
12. Hursty
13.Thomastown
14. Bundy utd

St francis and mont grand final?
lower plenty came down to money, are they any good?

all day!;358323 said:
St francis and mont grand final?
lower plenty came down to money, are they any good?

I reckon "One shot" is on the money , LP side is good on paper retained all from last year and have picked up a couple. They will be up there.

wrongun;358328 said:
I reckon "One shot" is on the money , LP side is good on paper retained all from last year and have picked up a couple. They will be up there.

Yeah Lower is looking real good. They have appointed a bloke as coach that couldn't get a position at his Jika Club. Might bring Dunny with him to try and get that elusive ton.

Who are these 3 young guns Camrea have lost???

To my knowledge they still have J Bubis, S Berak , J McGann( these 3 would be top half dozen players in Barclay) , C Perera (import), D Pugus T Fellows ( 4 Comp Medals between them) .

These are the the guns in their side ! Only loss is a jesensek from 1st XI.

Teapicker;358337 said:
Yeah Lower is looking real good. They have appointed a bloke as coach that couldn't get a position at his Jika Club. Might bring Dunny with him to try and get that elusive ton.

No idea who the coach is, The list is still OK, Zerafa will smash them in Money and barnett (scott) will get plenty of wickets.

Nudie Run;358187 said:

1. st Francis
2. Lower Plenty
3. College
4. Camrea
5. Mont
6. Greensborough
7. Yarrambat
8. Mill Park
9. Morang
10. Whittlesa
11. Panton Hill
12. Hursty
13.Thomastown
14. Bundy utd

Not bad nudie this is my thoughts

1 lower plenty
2 st francis
3 camera
4 college
5 monty
6 grennsborough
7 morang
8 whittlesea
9 panton hill
10 hursty
11 thomastown
12 bats
13 bundy utd
14 mill park

gleeson medal - TIE B.Gutterson(college) /S.Pendelberry(mont)

Bolwling- R.Ford(PH)

Batting- T.Barnett(mont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back