Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Money Shield 09/10

Dubious decision;378249 said:
1 St Francis of Assisi
2 Lower Plenty
3 Greensborough
4 Camrea

For my liking! Rest seem a bit hit and miss.

I think your top 4 looks pretty good. Still half a season left anything can happen and always does. South Morang havnt done much wrong any chance of fitting them in?

Look a bit hit and miss with the bat. No Zeralla tho. Lester dropped on about 20, would have been lean without his score! Boro should be chasing a lot less than 180, but if there bowling holds up they could make it difficult. 160 to get in 80 overs?

morang been light on with the bat for a while but still getting the results on the board with strong bowling line up not fair to compare zerella although he has had a strong start to the season the kid is only 17 and has a lot of cricket to come as for todays game boro 3 for 19 technically 4 for 19 with cory davies in quite a bit of trouble last week looks like that could side line him for the rest of the season be very courageous if he bats today peters in good form but smith was bowling quick last week i sense a big bag from him today get butterworth early and morang will bowl boro out for under 100 and maybe get a bit of the respect that this YOUNG team deserve

Ladder round 6.

1 St Francis of Assisi 33 1.9081
2 Lower Plenty 30 1.4696
3 Greensborough 28 1.1549
4 South Morang 24 1.0018
5 Yarrambat 22 0.8937
6 Thomastown United 18 1.0843
7 Bundoora United 18 1.0083
8 Camrea Taipans 18 0.9561
9 Hurstbridge 18 0.8990
10 Montmorency 15 0.9860
11 Mill Park 12 0.9998
12 Eltham Collegians 10 1.0851
13 Panton Hill 10 0.8179
14 Whittlesea 6 0.4502

what a performance by simon bray on the weekend, 180 odd then 9 wickets for the game. pretty impressive and that has put yarrambat back into contention

Leg Before;379227 said:
what a performance by simon bray on the weekend, 180 odd then 9 wickets for the game. pretty impressive and that has put yarrambat back into contention

Yep. Let's hope they start playing well enough to make the Grand Final so the Franks and Yarrambat can battle it out for the crown of the biggest chokers in the Diamond Valley.

20/20 Cricket is comming to kinglake December 13th to raise money for the surrounding bushfire effected areas as advertised on ABC and SEN radio.teams participating will be kinglake, marysville, flowerdale, strathuwen and yarra glen.Day starts at 830 until 6 with lots of entertainment, music and give aways, signed cric...ket gear from the Australian test side and a chance to win a meet and great session with the australian players after there morning warm up session on boxing day.bacon and egg rolls in the morning to BBQ at lunch with full open bar!looking to get a massive crowd with special guest apperances.
Come up for the Day to Support and Enjoy some Country 20/20 Cricket.

Looking threw the scores for this round, 111 wickets fell on day 1. Must be close to some sort of record? Maybe everyone whats an early week next week with all the xmas partys...

The Wizz;380370 said:
Looking threw the scores for this round, 111 wickets fell on day 1. Must be close to some sort of record? Maybe everyone whats an early week next week with all the xmas partys...

Wizz, did it occur to you that Money Shield might've been playing a 1-day game on the weekend?

legend of a bear;380378 said:
Wizz, did it occur to you that Money Shield might've been playing a 1-day game on the weekend?

Haha Didnt think anyone would have answered!!:rolleyes:

Medel;381068 said:
Hey Bear did i hear right that this season will be your last?

yeah, i would think so. i have a clause in my contract this year that if i get cleaned bowled by you again this year, then i'll retire.

Lower plenty straight back up.

My Final Four

Lower Plenty
Greensborough
Camrea
St Francis/Yarrambat

Top four against top six for the rest of the season

Lower Plenty play Yarrambat. Opportunities for outrights
Yarrambat play Lower and Camrea
Greensborough nobody in top six, opportunites for outrights
Camrea play south morang and Yarrambat
St Francis play South Morang

Others thoughts.

one shot;381432 said:
Lower plenty straight back up.

My Final Four

Lower Plenty
Greensborough
Camrea
St Francis/Yarrambat

Top four against top six for the rest of the season

Lower Plenty play Yarrambat. Opportunities for outrights
Yarrambat play Lower and Camrea
Greensborough nobody in top six, opportunites for outrights
Camrea play south morang and Yarrambat
St Francis play South Morang

Others thoughts.

Can't see any changes to the current 4. Final positions may come down to who jag's 10 points.
Lower and camrea are in good form, boro are travelling ok and play 4 of the bottom 5 sides. Should be interesting to see how Franks respond to yesterday's hiding but their draw is favourable too.
It's too early to say who will win it 4 legitimate final contenders.

HUMMTB;381463 said:
Can't see any changes to the current 4. Final positions may come down to who jag's 10 points.
Lower and camrea are in good form, boro are travelling ok and play 4 of the bottom 5 sides. Should be interesting to see how Franks respond to yesterday's hiding but their draw is favourable too.

Cmon HUMMTB
Have a crack mate, no sitting on the fence, whos your tip?

TEAMTANK;381469 said:
Cmon HUMMTB
Have a crack mate, no sitting on the fence, whos your tip?

Lower Plenty far to good for the rest of the comp.
Camrea showing their true worth, will be the next best.
Franks ruing the missed opportunity last year (may take them a long time now).
Bats in a similar position to Franks.
Greensborough there abouts, certain to cause headaches.
Morang proving to be pretenders.

More interesting discussion... which of the Elthams are coming down?

HUMMTB;381463 said:

Did the Franks favourable draw include last weeks humbling by BU?
There are not too many easy games in Money Shield these days (excluding Whittlesea of course).
Not the right time to take your foot of the gas, every game counts and one bad week could mean curtains with a pretty congested ladder.

George;384294 said:
Did the Franks favourable draw include last weeks humbling by BU?
There are not too many easy games in Money Shield these days (excluding Whittlesea of course).
Not the right time to take your foot of the gas, every game counts and one bad week could mean curtains with a pretty congested ladder.

yes it did.
better bowlers around this season by far the difference. more of the older flatter wickets are getting phased out. (Franks and Panton Hill this season) scores lower, as there has only been 7 scores over 300 this season so far.

interesting 4 games ahead, Lower no probs, greensborough should finish second, 3 and 4 anything could happen.

Spots 3 & 4 wide open, I think it will be franks and camrea figthing for 4th, south morang and bats fighting for 5th and 6th. Monty is the big mover and have gone relatively unnoticed. Rely heavily on Caithness though.

What a dissapointment College have been, they'd be dirty with where they are after playing well last season...They are a lot better than 2nd LAST!

Interested to hear people's opinions on who should pay in the Money Shield rep team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back