DVCA Money Shield 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Money Shield 09/10

The Wizz;397743 said:
With the ground you guys have I would be jumping on with the 1st club that would take you!

its not about the ground its about the people who play there old son!

you can have the best ground in the comp, if you don't have the people that want to help move the club forward then your in trouble, i think we have already seen a case for that this year haven't we?

thanks for your concern but i'm sure we will be ok!

But thanks for your concern anyway.

Any update on the proposed new team - 'Laurimar Thunder'?

This would fix the bye issue in the Money comp caused by the merger.:confused:

THE PREZ;397763 said:

Might upset the plans of a few clubs nearby though!

I spoke to Kevin Marshall on Good Friday, who is himself on the DVCA exec and he hasn't even heard of Laurimar Thunder. I thought I must have been hearing things at the last Presidents' meeting.

THE PREZ;397763 said:

Why would a Junior Basketball club be playing cricket in DVCA, in Money Shield??? :confused:

THE PREZ;397763 said:

I've heard they either want to a be a junior or senior exclusive club (can't remember exactly which one) but the comp have told them that they need to be both junior and senior to get a spot in the DVCA.

Not sure how they're going as far as getting numbers, etc. I doubt they'll get up for the coming season. Just my opinion.

100% BULL;396699 said:
Maybe just get rid of one of them all together. The last thing we need is another dud team running around 'C' grade. Why dont the DVCA encourage a couple of MS teams to merge? Frangers & Mill Park, H'Bridge & Panton Hill, just a thought.
mill park dont to merge with the franks to be sissi's
everyone knows they already are

The Wizz;397743 said:
With the ground you guys have I would be jumping on with the 1st club that would take you!

we shall see in a couple of years mate, how far your "wonderful club" has gone cause you have grass on your ground. you've recruited the last 2 years and still finished bottom 3.
A little tip aswell, take a look at the state of plenty's ground at the moment, they're still winning flags.
So if thats all you got, the state of our ground, time to find something new, us merge with mill park, FORGET IT!

TheUtility;397892 said:
we shall see in a couple of years mate, how far your "wonderful club" has gone cause you have grass on your ground. you've recruited the last 2 years and still finished bottom 3.
A little tip aswell, take a look at the state of plenty's ground at the moment, they're still winning flags.
So if thats all you got, the state of our ground, time to find something new, us merge with mill park, FORGET IT!

Mill Park have recruited over the past 2 years, to help rebuild the club. We know all about having a dust bowl for a ground. Last season we had no rooms no nets and no ground and still won 3 flags in our lowers grade.

This year with a new coach and some handy pick ups im sure the club is back on track. I would be more worried about your own back yard and where you will be in a couple of years.

As for the tips you can have them, try winning a final before you have a go at me.

Agree 100% Plenty are winning finals because there a well run club with some very good crickets.

The Wizz;397935 said:
Mill Park have recruited over the past 2 years, to help rebuild the club. We know all about having a dust bowl for a ground. Last season we had no rooms no nets and no ground and still won 3 flags in our lowers grade.

This year with a new coach and some handy pick ups im sure the club is back on track. I would be more worried about your own back yard and where you will be in a couple of years.

As for the tips you can have them, try winning a final before you have a go at me.

Agree 100% Plenty are winning finals because there a well run club with some very good crickets.

easy to win flags in lower grades when sides are stacked with first players.
i see 5 players that played in your E grade granny that played against us in Money shield, wow they must have struggled.
and i only see one flag.

Personally rather finish as strong as possible in higher grades then win lower grades with first players, hope none of the lower grade players missed out due to 1st players playing, that would'nt be nice, but every club has a different theory.

P.S we won two grand finals in the 12's and 14's and we didn't even have to stack them with firsts players, so well done to us. got to start somewhere.

tough couple of years at Mill Park (especially this one with no ground and training facilities), im sure they will be better for recruiting, good luck.

all of the above is no snipe at the club or any of the players at the club.
just stating some facts and my opinion.

one shot;397940 said:
easy to win flags in lower grades when sides are stacked with first players.
i see 5 players that played in your E grade granny that played against us in Money shield, wow they must have struggled.
and i only see one flag.

Personally rather finish as strong as possible in higher grades then win lower grades with first players, hope none of the lower grade players missed out due to 1st players playing, that would'nt be nice, but every club has a different theory.

P.S we won two grand finals in the 12's and 14's and we didn't even have to stack them with firsts players, so well done to us. got to start somewhere.

tough couple of years at Mill Park (especially this one with no ground and training facilities), im sure they will be better for recruiting, good luck.

all of the above is no snipe at the club or any of the players at the club.
just stating some facts and my opinion.[/QUOT

Out of those 5 players you mention, 3 were under 16 and hardly established first eleven players, but not a bad effort to get within 28 runs of your super side.

As for stacking the E grade side, you will find there were 7 under 16’s, hardly stacking a side with established ones cricketers.

But as you said its only your opinion.

100% BULL;396699 said:
Maybe just get rid of one of them all together. The last thing we need is another dud team running around 'C' grade. Why dont the DVCA encourage a couple of MS teams to merge? Frangers & Mill Park, H'Bridge & Panton Hill, just a thought.

I ran into Dave Moore during the week, and he tells me that the DVCA have approached Montmerency & Mill Park to ascertain their thoughts about the 2 clubs merging, with the new club to called "Mont Park". My suggestion is that its probably not a good idea.

The Wizz;397935 said:

well only time will tell, we've heard the same thing for the last 3 years with you blokes, we've recruited well, new coach, things looking up, and we know what happened.
Good to see you've come up with something else to hang shit about, winning finals, how about play in finals before you talk about them.
and as for those players that managed to get a game in your 3rds final, your ones keeper in soligo, granted not much of a keeper but still too good for that grade, same goes for trent groome. but if thats the way you want to win finals, go for it, as one shot said, just feel sorry for those blokes that missed a game.

TheUtility;398050 said:
well only time will tell, we've heard the same thing for the last 3 years with you blokes, we've recruited well, new coach, things looking up, and we know what happened.
Good to see you've come up with something else to hang shit about, winning finals, how about play in finals before you talk about them.
and as for those players that managed to get a game in your 3rds final, your ones keeper in soligo, granted not much of a keeper but still too good for that grade, same goes for trent groome. but if thats the way you want to win finals, go for it, as one shot said, just feel sorry for those blokes that missed a game.

I think The Wizz knows why MP were stacking their lower grades towards the end of the season. Care to tell us Crumpets?

legend of a bear;398042 said:
I ran into Dave Moore during the week, and he tells me that the DVCA have approached Montmerency & Mill Park to ascertain their thoughts about the 2 clubs merging, with the new club to called "Mont Park". My suggestion is that its probably not a good idea.

That’s a coincidence, I was talking to an official from the DVCA and he suggested a South Morang and Mill Park merger,

The new entity to be called “South Park”, with so many little tubby people at Morang it seem like a good fit :D :rolleyes: :eek:

Plenty & St.Francis of Assisi would be a good one. No disrespect to St.Francis.
Maybe Plenty & Stars could be "Plenty of Stars". Think most of them would come from the former though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back