DVCA Money Shield 2010/11

i know lower had a hiccup but still managed to win, are they the outstanding team in money, can they take the next step or are they doomed to another year in Money shield, there is as much pressure on the them to win the flag, as there is St Francis not to get relegated.....now there's another story......what has happened there, back to there old ways it seems. interested in anybody's comments how might have played them.

i think the suprise of the season has to be Mill park, after the first couple of rounds i think everybody thought they were going down....how quickly it changes....funny game this cricket.

Re: Relegation. Is it true that a side will only get relegated from MS this season if W'Sea win the B Grade flag? Heard that rumour travelling around. Seas currently sitting in the 4. Anyone know exactly what the situation is?

Re: Relegation. Is it true that a side will only get relegated from MS this season if W'Sea win the B Grade flag? Heard that rumour travelling around. Seas currently sitting in the 4. Anyone know exactly what the situation is?
Wouldn't this go against the whole reason the grades were changed? Otherwise B grade is a dead grade with no promotion or relegation just like Barclay reserve and Money reserve was.
The best teams should be playing in the highest grades. It Shouldn't matter if that happens to be a clubs 2nd XI playing in Money Shield.

Wouldn't this go against the whole reason the grades were changed? Otherwise B grade is a dead grade with no promotion or relegation just like Barclay reserve and Money reserve was.
The best teams should be playing in the highest grades. It Shouldn't matter if that happens to be a clubs 2nd XI playing in Money Shield.

Interesting thoughts, I have watched all sides, not much between the top few, be an interesting finals series, closer than most think. Anybody got any further gossip from weekend, saw the end of Greensborough Vs North Eltham, Captian Leigh Newey took off in a storm while all his players were talking as a group out in the middle! Has he still got a job @ NEWCC?

No truth to that rumour.

Any side that wins B Grade will be promoted to MS, and any side that finishes last in MS will be rlegated to B Grade. It's the same right through from BS to Z Grade.

The only exception will come when a club's 2nd XI win MS and their 1st XI is already in BS (same with a side winning B Grade with their 1st XI in MS). I.E - No club can have 2 sides playing in the same Shield Grade.

So - If, say, Lower Eltham win B Grade this year, then win Money next year, there will be no promo/relegation between BS/MS. No matter who finishes last in BS that year.

Make sense?

No truth to that rumour.

Any side that wins B Grade will be promoted to MS, and any side that finishes last in MS will be rlegated to B Grade. It's the same right through from BS to Z Grade.

The only exception will come when a club's 2nd XI win MS and their 1st XI is already in BS (same with a side winning B Grade with their 1st XI in MS). I.E - No club can have 2 sides playing in the same Shield Grade.

So - If, say, Lower Eltham win B Grade this year, then win Money next year, there will be no promo/relegation between BS/MS. No matter who finishes last in BS that year.

Make sense?

well wat happens if (for exmaple)...Bundoora finish last in BS but Bundoora win the B Grade premiership aswell? which side goes up, stays put, or comes down?

well wat happens if (for exmaple)...Bundoora finish last in BS but Bundoora win the B Grade premiership aswell? which side goes up, stays put, or comes down?

I'll assume you mean Money Shield when you say B Grade - If so, it's easier to look at it from a 'club' point of view.

If Bundoora have the best/worst sides in those grades nothing changes. They're free to pick the sides they want to, I doubt they'd say "We're going to play our 2nds ahead of our 1sts" but who knows.

Basically, if any club has a side that wins it and a side that finishes last, in 2 consecutive grades (BS and MS for example) there will be no promo/relegation in those grades for that year.

I'll assume you mean Money Shield when you say B Grade - If so, it's easier to look at it from a 'club' point of view.

If Bundoora have the best/worst sides in those grades nothing changes. They're free to pick the sides they want to, I doubt they'd say "We're going to play our 2nds ahead of our 1sts" but who knows.

Basically, if any club has a side that wins it and a side that finishes last, in 2 consecutive grades (BS and MS for example) there will be no promo/relegation in those grades for that year.

That is incorrect, what will happen is it will go to a special committee if the DVCA. The main reason for this is that there is other teams that are effected. As a scenario

Bundoora finish last in BS
Monty win MS
Bundoora win B Grade

Monty will be pissed that they cannot come up, but there cannot be two sides form on eclub in any grade (other than the lowest grade) So all clubs involved will present their case. Bundoora will still probably go to MS and Monty up but Bundoora B grade will not advance and the option will be given to the team that finished on top or lost the GF (this is so the bottom side ion MS can be relegated).

No truth to that at all. Actually when you really look at it is quite the stupidest thing I have heard, who on earth would have that rule, seriously.

In regards to the above posts, if Bundoora finish last in Barclay Shield, they (we) will be relegated. The winner of Money Shield will take our place. There will be no special commitee required or cases presented.
If for arguments sake, we do finish last and our "b" grade win the flag the only time the special committe will come into effect is to decide if therunner up in "B" grade is worthy to take the spot of the team that finished last in Money shield.

In regards to the above posts, if Bundoora finish last in Barclay Shield, they (we) will be relegated. The winner of Money Shield will take our place. There will be no special commitee required or cases presented.
If for arguments sake, we do finish last and our "b" grade win the flag the only time the special committe will come into effect is to decide if therunner up in "B" grade is worthy to take the spot of the team that finished last in Money shield.
Thanks mate that's what I was trying to say, and I hope we are not putting the hex on you guys by talking about it.
wink.png

Thanks mate that's what I was trying to say, and I hope we are not putting the hex on you guys by talking about it. ;)

It's all good, we still have 3 games left If we are not good enough to win enough games, we deserve to be relegated. Hopefully we can start with a good win this game, although i'm not sure you'd be wishing us too much luck
biggrin.png

I

have the wheels fallen off at NEW, could drop 3 from 4 if they can't manage to knock over the bats.
i think them having South morang next week will help them finish in the 4.....but you never know.

The rain might save Lower. Things are grim at NEW from all reports - why has BT been in the ones?

I hear that all there front line bowlers are back from injury and unavailability. So I'll be an interested viewer of their finals campaign. Especially after 2 years ago they ran over the top of the opposition in finals and with there bowling back at full strength and a batting line ip that would be surely due to fire. I think Monty and Lower would both be praying that they don't ge them in a semi.

I hear that all there front line bowlers are back from injury and unavailability. So I'll be an interested viewer of their finals campaign. Especially after 2 years ago they ran over the top of the opposition in finals and with there bowling back at full strength and a batting line ip that would be surely due to fire. I think Monty and Lower would both be praying that they don't ge them in a semi.

yer i saw the lower boys all coming out of church on sunday morning praying that they do play them. must be some issues at NEW as they are going to limp into the finals. St franicis maybe should be drugged tested after making a good score.i hope that thommo put matt george on incentives with 103 runs and 8 wickets he has slayed them, batting down and not bowling anywhere near enough, maybe another club needed.
gee the battle between thommo and greensborough would be intersting to listen too from the boundary, with both clubs awesomely behaved supporters.

Back