DVCA Money Shield 2010/11

well well....i think there would be big troubles at NEW. big investment for no return if they choke like the franks a couple of years ago.

Have already heard of rumblings there! A few not happy with the amount of coin paid for below average return. Mctaggart in cruise mode and overwieight. Whats the go with him batting at #9? The skipper not much better! Definately pretenders, and over paid at that!

Have already heard of rumblings there! A few not happy with the amount of coin paid for below average return. Mctaggart in cruise mode and overwieight. Whats the go with him batting at #9? The skipper not much better! Definately pretenders, and over paid at that!

maybe some players need to harden up and play for the team and the club, if the club has put a coach in place in the vested interest for the club then maybe they should stick by him, they will limp into the finals and once they get there they are as big a chance as the other three, still would put my coin on them making the granny. jordy struggling, maybe the biggest underachiever in the money comp.

what is brown from thommo getting wickets, he is shite, its embarasssing that a money reserve bowler at best gets 4/6. harden up and stop leting pie throws get so called good players out.

greensboroughs batting line up looking shakey again, maybe less shite talking and more runs might make them the team they think they are.....not likely!

should a very interesting final round with alot on the line for a couple of clubs...

NEW vs T'Town - playing off for a spot in the four, losing team misses out on finals

Sth Morang vs H'Bridge - playing for a spot in Money Shield next year (assuming nothing drastic happens with percentages), losing team gets relegated

should be a ripper round of cricket

what is brown from thommo getting wickets, he is shite, its embarasssing that a money reserve bowler at best gets 4/6. harden up and stop leting pie throws get so called good players out.

greensboroughs batting line up looking shakey again, maybe less shite talking and more runs might make them the team they think they are.....not likely!

you moron , his one of the better bowlers at thommo

and on another topic people refer too my post a few weeks ago

expect thommo united to late a surge , good young team , thoughts ?

;)

maybe some players need to harden up and play for the team and the club, if the club has put a coach in place in the vested interest for the club then maybe they should stick by him, they will limp into the finals and once they get there they are as big a chance as the other three, still would put my coin on them making the granny. jordy struggling, maybe the biggest underachiever in the money comp.

I disagree. I think NEW have overachieved this season. I reckon it is a great effort by a bunch of overpaid, over rated, disfunctional , loud mouthed individuals to still be in the finals race at this time of year. The club could implode at any minute but you blokes like Duckworth and Reid and Collicoat and all the woMANNS keep putting your hand out and continue to drag your club through the mud.
Picker Out

Anyone want to offer odds on there being a reverse outright in the Hurstbridge vs Morang game, and relegating Panton Hill (or Yarrambat) to B grade. Hope it doesn't happen, but fear it may considering that Hursty and Morang both struggle to get over 100 with the bat.

@Teapicker What's your problem with our boys down at NEW? It seems too personal to be healthy. Sure there are some characters in our 1stXI, but the same goes for any club. I assume you play for a club of mormons who don't drink and go to bed straight after dinner.

Anyone want to offer odds on there being a reverse outright in the Hurstbridge vs Morang game, and relegating Panton Hill (or Yarrambat) to B grade. Hope it doesn't happen, but fear it may considering that Hursty and Morang both struggle to get over 100 with the bat.

@Teapicker What's your problem with our boys down at NEW? It seems too personal to be healthy. Sure there are some characters in our 1stXI, but the same goes for any club. I assume you play for a club of mormons who don't drink and go to bed straight after dinner.

Tea Picker goes straight to bed after a game next to his mum.

Tea Picker goes straight to bed after a game next to his mum.

Wow great comeback. Expected though. No defense of the morons at your club. Just had a look at the team for tomorrow. Groves back in after giving the club a spray. Jeez there's some people with soft underbelly's down there and I'm tipping you are one of them.

Strong rumour that anymore posters who want to make shit jokes about people committing criminal acts on people's mothers will be banned for a fortnight at the very minimum.

I'm sure that would be "Too Easy" to follow, am I right guys?

South Morang
5/139 S Argent 55 LC Stewart 26 J Crowe 3/45 v Hurstbridge
43 D Smith 5/16 M Jones 4/9

Bridges almost certainly gone to B Grade. Surely Morang can't lose reverse from here. Even then it's more likely the Bats would head south.

Their ones may have limped in to the 4, and Mont should smash them, but the best laughs had must be in C grade, where their 2's were cock a hoop self proclaimed flag favourites, on top of the ladder undefeated 4 games ago, lost 3 of their last 4 with a washout saving them in the otehr, and dispite players driving all over the Valley yesterday in search of a favourable result, have found themselves missing the finals.

rumoured they dropped a number of 'c' grade players down to D grade for the last game? Was this for discipline from previous week's outright loss ??? D grade could not make finals so no sense to me...??

rumoured they dropped a number of 'c' grade players down to D grade for the last game? Was this for discipline from previous week's outright loss ??? D grade could not make finals so no sense to me...??

just had a look at the side that NEW put on the field last game to the one before, looks to me to be only one change to the side.

Ok very well. As i said "..rumoured.." if untrue then ok .
2 changes i think - Anderson & Horkins - but 2 changes is not out of the ordinary...

Finals time and it's good to see a new mix of teams making both the Barclay and Money Shields semi finals. The interrupted season has certainly brought some interesting results, so let's hope that the weather over the weekend allows all teams to perform up to their best.
The Money Shield matchups look reasonable one sides on paper, but that isn't always the same on the field. Lower Plenty are rightly the flag favourites and should be able to easily take care of a Greensborough side that has limped into the finals. And talking of limping into the finals, North Eltham Wanderers splashed thousands of dollars on players pre-season to get back to the top grade but have struggles post-Christmas. They face a Montmorency side that has been brittle with their batting and slumped badly last round. In what might be considered a mild upset, the Wanderers to advance.

DVCA. Money Shield. Semi Finals. Sat 12th & Sun 13th March. 2-Dayer. Selections Bolded.
Lower Plenty vs. Greensborough
Rd.09 Lower Plenty drew with Greensborough 8/297 (Kelsey 93, Chelvaratnam 93, Barnett 3/88)

Montmorency vs. North Eltham Wanderers
Rd.06 Montmorency 159 (Barnett 41, McTaggart 3/29) def North Eltham Wanderers 81 (A.Mann 17, Cathiness 4/33)

Whats the story with the Captain Coach at NEW? Been told he won`t be required next season! 16k gets them into a GF, see you later! Does that mean 17 wickets plus 100 runs McTaggart will get sacked as well? Perhaps should have chucked that coin into incentives for the Jack Youngs etc!!

Here we are right at the very pointy end of the season - the grand finals. Congratulations to the two teams that have survived to fight out for the ultimate prize. And what a pleasant surprise that the two teams vying not only for a premiership but promotion to the top grade were outsiders looking in by most pundits late into the season

The two surprised with strong semi final wins over much more fancied opponents. After having spent a small fortune on recruitment in the pre-season, North Eltham get their chance to return to the top division, while Greensborough are in their first grand final after crossing from the HDCA two seasons ago. The 'Boro rely on one or two players to hold them together while the Wanderers have strengths in all disciplines.

DVCA. Barclay Shield. Grand Final. 19th, 20th, 26th 27th March 2011. Selection Bolded.
Plenty vs. Lower Eltham at Central Park, Eltham.

Rd. 04. Lower Eltham 9/178 cc (Whitcher 31, Hubber 4/27) def Plenty 146 (Connelley 30, Still 3/42).
Potential Match Winners: Hubber (Plenty), Still (Lower Eltham)

DVCA. Money Shield. Grand Final. 19th, 20th, 26th 27th March 2011. Selection Bolded.
North Eltham Wanderers vs. Greensborough at Coventry Oval, Diamond Creek

Rd. 08. Greensborough 217 (Kelsey 59, Newey 4/51) def North Eltham Wanderers 182 (Reid 69, Harvey 3/29).
Potential Match Winners. Newey (North Eltham), Kelsey (Greensborough)

PS. And turbo, if the NEW captain/caoch has indeed been shown the door, many will be interested to see how he performs on the weekend. He's a professional, and that's why I have him as a potential match winner. And if he goes, it's pretty poor on the powerbrokers at the soccer field, but then he probbaly will have plenty of suitors at seasons end if it is true.

Back