Dvca - Money Shield - Season 2011/12

I reckon you'll find most blokes who complain and whine about who's on what and who pays what are the ones inevitably playing at a club without or lacking that sense of loyalty, culture and general great club enviroment, when your at a club any money (if there is) should be purely a bonus, not a factor to stay or leave

I'll just make this final point and bow out of this discussion. I'm not going to disclose what players and clubs negotiate in good faith, but what I would say is you would be incredibly surprised what some people are happy to play for given all of the other things a club can offer. Dont underestimate a good enviroment, I reckon PA could confirm the same thing at Plenty.
Yeah spot on Bull, some of our blokes could have earn't much more money over the years. I can only say we have lost 1 bloke due to lure of the dollar and for the amount of money he would be getting i dont blame him.

But I have seen money destroy local footy, I just hope the cricket clubs don't get sucked into the same shit that footy clubs do.

Yeah spot on Bull, some of our blokes could have earn't much more money over the years. I can only say we have lost 1 bloke due to lure of the dollar and for the amount of money he would be getting i dont blame him.

But I have seen money destroy local footy, I just hope the cricket clubs don't get sucked into the same shit that footy clubs do.
paying cash is to players is no drama, providing it is paid to blokes who repsect the qualities of those who provide it, ie the members.

the members probably dont mind paying someone who respects the family friendly and respectful environment of a club and can shine in the big moments of a match, paying anyone for any other reason, is dubious.

seen far too many highly paid players beat up on the weaker sides during the year and go leon davis like in the finals, and then of course go straight home afterwards :eek:

If anyone knows someone who is actually involved in running the DVCA can you let them know I am happy to make a fixture for them. It only takes about an hour to do.

There's not a club out there that doesn't want to know what the fixture looks like, and I'm sure the DVCA would have liked to have had it done by now. If you think that it takes an hour to do it, and do it fairly, with considerations to grounds, number of home games etc, then you're an ignorant fool. You had your chance to put your hand up at the DVCA AGM and be on the exec to do it, but didnt. So shut your pie hole and give them a break, I am sure that it will be out shortly.

If anyone knows someone who is actually involved in running the DVCA can you let them know I am happy to make a fixture for them. It only takes about an hour to do.

It doesn't even take an hour.
However, you might have to spend just a few minutes beforehand collecting, coordinating and compiling some information, such as confirming each club's final team entries and the ground each team will be using and which team/club it will be shared with (and confirming those allocations with each council) and confirming with the Association what grade each team will be in and how many teams will be in each grade and what the fixture dates (and 1-day/2-day mix) for each grade will be (especially where 2-day grade teams will be sharing grounds with MS teams) and checking with each council if and when particular grounds will be ready and/or unavailable.
Then you only have to fill in the forms and press a couple of buttons, and then you're home and hosed.

There's not a club out there that doesn't want to know what the fixture looks like, and I'm sure the DVCA would have liked to have had it done by now. If you think that it takes an hour to do it, and do it fairly, with considerations to grounds, number of home games etc, then you're an ignorant fool. You had your chance to put your hand up at the DVCA AGM and be on the exec to do it, but didnt. So shut your pie hole and give them a break, I am sure that it will be out shortly.
just get it out there, whats the difference, they changed it a few years back after round 1 to suit their own clubs anyway.

I know it takes more than an hour Tongs. My point is that if you are running a cricket association and you are still fiddling with the fixture in September then some questions need to be asked. If every other comp can do it by now then why can't we? And one more point. Just because I didn't put my hand up to be comp president doesn't mean I'm not allowed an opinion.

I know the people that are doing it, and if you give me an email address I will set up a meeting for you to assist them, especially with the Junior fixtures for Fri / Sat for 12's, 14's, 16's, 17's and Modifieds - so when Clubs nominate Junior teams and grounds and preference of nights, I will set the clock and give you an hour to have it complete.
An opinion is not that if it is frivolous, it becomes an idiotic claim.

crap country comp!!
You play on makeshift cricket/ soccer pitches, apart from 3-4 clubs the rest of your clubs consist of 1-2 teams whose culture is defined by how many cans can be drunk as opposed to how many runs scored. As stated above your comp and your posts are simply irrevelvent

I know the people that are doing it, and if you give me an email address I will set up a meeting for you to assist them, especially with the Junior fixtures for Fri / Sat for 12's, 14's, 16's, 17's and Modifieds - so when Clubs nominate Junior teams and grounds and preference of nights, I will set the clock and give you an hour to have it complete.

Perhaps I'm too harsh. If the Juniors are what's holding things up surely we can release the senior fixtures?

Perhaps I'm too harsh. If the Juniors are what's holding things up surely we can release the senior fixtures?
Do you think that writing on here is going to get them done any faster.
email addresses of the comp administrators are available on the website, so simply get in touch and volunteer your obviously precious time.

Whilst I understand your point, do discussion forums not exist to discuss stuff about the comp?

email addresses of the comp administrators are available on the website, so simply get in touch and volunteer your obviously precious time.

Sorry I didn't think that website was still active.

Well if you know the people doing it, tell them to pull their finger out and get it out. They are the ones that took on the job on so you can't be having a crack at anyone else.

Sorry I didn't think that website was still active.
just on that five80, what has happened to our 'rumour' website? or were there too many dheads that it got shut down! Anyway ill still post my thoughts on here. I hear the serious quick that bundoora had a couple of years ago (the sri lankan - name escapes me) has gone to TU. Apparently no imports allowed at bundoora!!! From memory he was handy but it wont save TU from finishing in bottom 2

just on that five80, what has happened to our 'rumour' website? or were there too many dheads that it got shut down! Anyway ill still post my thoughts on here. I hear the serious quick that bundoora had a couple of years ago (the sri lankan - name escapes me) has gone to TU. Apparently no imports allowed at bundoora!!! From memory he was handy but it wont save TU from finishing in bottom 2

If Thomo can make a 150 each week they wont lose to many. Dinesh will destroy some Money sides!

Back