DVCA Money Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Money Shield

was wondering if we were gunna be able to bet on the league medal as you can on matches? if so i got five blokes who i think have had good seasons..

Kennell - EC - 430 Runs
Crowe - HB - 281 Runs 22 Wickets
Gutterson - EC - 234 Runs 27 Wickets
George - TU - 286 Runs 18 Wickets
Grimshaw - PH - 319 Runs 7 Wickets

Votes from yesterday's Lalor vs Mill Park T20 @ Redleap:

1 vote: A. Mills (3 wickets, bowled smoke)
2 votes: M. Jones (terrific all-round effort...gee he hits the ball hard :rolleyes:)
3 votes: B. Thomas (the former Jika Medalist :cool: put in a big performance yesterday, and probably wont ever drink heavy beer again)

beerbandit10;321574 said:
was wondering if we were gunna be able to bet on the league medal as you can on matches? if so i got five blokes who i think have had good seasons..

Kennell - EC - 430 Runs

Impressive effort by Crowe, Gutto and George....Making runs and taking wickets, what more could you ask for??

It was good to have you up at Mill Park for the whole day yesterday Bear, the beer sales went threw the roof..thinking about going to watch some boxing matches, whens the next time carlton are training?:confused::eek::D

Reckon George and Grimshaw might be good bets have been standouts for their clubs, the 2 College boys may take votes off each other. Sadowy and Crowe the same deal will take votes off each other. Leigh Stewart might be up there also.

St.Francis (which is probably a good thing team wise) have had too many blokes contribute at different times so their votes will be spread out.

wizz, i wouldnt bother going all the way to Dick Pratt Park...
just hang around the car park of stables shopping centre on a hot saturday arvo...you might see some fireworks there!! :eek::eek:

Gutto has to be a massive chance as well as Brett Lewis,Dogga is a sneaky as well G.Duggin. Dont count out Motch as well as the 2 hursty boys, and a couple of the mont boys.

Leigh Stewart a big chance only real standout from mill park, 447 runs and 8 wickets but a flat track at st francis this week could get him another hundred and put him right up there.

Gutto and George I believe are other really big chances.

I'd say Gutto would be on 11 anyone think someone has more? - Votes 3(3), 2(4), 3(8), 3(9).. He'd be my tip to win it!

one shot;323154 said:
Tragic event on the weekend with the fires. Does anybody know if Jimmy Atkins and his dad Mick are ok?

On behalf of myself and my family I would like to offer my condolences to Abbs from Whittlesea on the passing of his father, Peter as a result of the bushfires. Anyone that knew Peter would only have the kindest words to say about him and was one of the finest. Cheers Pete.

beerbandit10;321574 said:

Kennell - EC - 430 Runs

Bray - YB - 230 runs and 19 wickets ??? not worthy of a mention ?

Teapicker;323158 said:
On behalf of myself and my family I would like to offer my condolences to Abbs from Whittlesea on the passing of his father, Peter as a result of the bushfires. Anyone that knew Peter would only have the kindest words to say about him and was one of the finest. Cheers Pete.
My condolences to the Avola family and the Whittlesea Cricket club on their tragic loss.

Reckon Gutto has 1 hand on the medal. He cant grab it with 2 anyway cause his other hand is permanently on his old fella! :)

Tips for one dayer Round 10:
*Bats V Hill: Bats to win, batting is coming good even though it hasnt really all year.
*Mont V Morang: Morang to make their standard 100 odd with no batsman contributing. Mont to be all out for 120 odd with Whale bashing them over the line.
* St Francis V Mill Park: Mill Park in an upset. I dont think St.Francis are stumbling (theyre still the team to beat) however Leigh Stewart has been p1**1ng bowlers off all year with his slogging and will continue this week.
* Bundy V Wanderers: Wanderers will choke. Bundy to upset their finals plans.
* College V Hursty: College to win, bowlers to do the job again. 130 batting 1st will be hard to chase down either way.
* Thommo V Whittlesea: Whittlesea to win. Thommo have had 1 bloke all year try to carry them. Cant work.

one shot;323154 said:
Tragic event on the weekend with the fires. Does anybody know if Jimmy Atkins and his dad Mick are ok?

Jimmy, Mick and family are all good as well as the house which is good news

I will create a vBookie event but I need a bit of help. If interested people pm me with realistic odds, I will compare all pm's and create an event. Its up to you how many people you add.

For this to happen I am going to need a few to compare so take five and pm me.

Cheers

CC

Also would like to extend my thoughts and prayers for the avola family and the boys from whittlesea stay strong boys

Medel;321629 said:
Gutto has to be a massive chance as well as Brett Lewis,Dogga is a sneaky as well G.Duggin. Dont count out Motch as well as the 2 hursty boys, and a couple of the mont boys.

Pfft, I also hear that there are:
11 players from Yarrambat
11 players from Panton Hill
11 players from Monty
11 players from South Morang
11 players from St. Francis
11 players from Mill Park
11 players from North Eltham
11 players from Bundoora United
11 players from Eltham College
11 players from Hurstbridge
11 players from Thomastown United
11 players from Whittlesea
who also have a massive chance! :eek:

Gutterson for my liking, somebody get the odds up so we can have a little flutter.

Don't know if anyone from up Whittlesea way have internet access or not. Or perhaps someone on here knows people who are homeless for the time being and have been staying up at the showgrounds.

If anybody could pass on this message. I live in Ivanhoe area and have a spare room with separate bathroom and living area which is not being used. The bedroom is fully furnished . I can take in perhaps a young couple with an infant for a while until you get your feet back on the ground if you are a fire victim and need some shelter for your child.

Anyway, if anyone is desperate, I can be contacted via e-mail me at acksgrinder@yahoo.com .

Votes from yesterday's Lalor vs Mill Park T20 @ Redleap:

1 vote: A. Mills (3 wickets, bowled smoke)
2 votes: M. Jones (terrific all-round effort...gee he hits the ball hard :rolleyes:)
3 votes: B. Thomas (the former Jika Medalist :cool: put in a big performance yesterday, and probably wont ever drink heavy beer again)

South Morang are having a drink at their rooms this Saturday night with all proceeds from the bar and canteen going directly to victims of the fire. We have been hit along with every other club with tragic stories.

Any one is welcome to come along and contribute. There will be some raffles going and a silent auction with some quality goods available.

All are welcome during the day or night.

Come along and support this worthy cause.

It was good to have you up at Mill Park for the whole day yesterday Bear, the beer sales went threw the roof..thinking about going to watch some boxing matches, whens the next time carlton are training?:confused::eek::D

wizz, i wouldnt bother going all the way to Dick Pratt Park...
just hang around the car park of stables shopping centre on a hot saturday arvo...you might see some fireworks there!! :eek::eek:

Can any one let us know how the Mernda V Bundoora United 20/20 match went last night?

Mill Park V Lalor Stars this Thursday night 20/20 match 5.30 start.

Guest speak Aussie fast bowler Jeff Thomson $25 per head. Show starts 8pm

The night will end with an auction..

BMX BIKE
MTB
BIKE ACCESSORIES
$500 WHEEL&TYRES
STHIL PRODUCTS
STUMP SIGNED BY HUSSEY
BAT SIGNED BY GILLY
AND MUCH MORE

ALL PROFITS GO TO VICTORIANS THAT HAVE LOST LOVE ONES AND THERE HOMES.

vdsrd;322992 said:
hey,beenaround i hope everything is ok up your way and all of you are safe.

Thanks mate.
Thankfully we stayed out of the fire line by a few km's, but was pretty damn scarey.
We got lucky up here, but unfortunately we found out monday night that we have lost one of our young guys, and another that played his juniors with us, in the Strathewen fires.
I know we are not the only ones, and our hearts go out to ALL that have lost family or friends.
Just a truely horrible thing. :(:(:(

one shot;323154 said:

its not confirmed yet but Hurstbridge and North eltham are probably having a 20/20 at hurstbridge on tuesday night as a fund raiser for those devistated by the tragic bushfires,its not much but every bit counts.would be good to get a bit of support there.

Teapicker;323158 said:
My condolences to the Avola family and the Whittlesea Cricket club on their tragic loss.

Reckon Gutto has 1 hand on the medal. He cant grab it with 2 anyway cause his other hand is permanently on his old fella! :)

Tips for one dayer Round 10:
*Bats V Hill: Bats to win, batting is coming good even though it hasnt really all year.
*Mont V Morang: Morang to make their standard 100 odd with no batsman contributing. Mont to be all out for 120 odd with Whale bashing them over the line.
* St Francis V Mill Park: Mill Park in an upset. I dont think St.Francis are stumbling (theyre still the team to beat) however Leigh Stewart has been p1**1ng bowlers off all year with his slogging and will continue this week.
* Bundy V Wanderers: Wanderers will choke. Bundy to upset their finals plans.
* College V Hursty: College to win, bowlers to do the job again. 130 batting 1st will be hard to chase down either way.
* Thommo V Whittlesea: Whittlesea to win. Thommo have had 1 bloke all year try to carry them. Cant work.

Congrats to Mernda & Bundoora Utd, Spoke to Rezza this morning and said they raised over $4,000 for the bushfire fund. Tremendous Effort.

Hopefully Mill Park & Lalor Stars can do just as well, very generous on Mill Parks behalf to donate the funds on what was planned as a major fundraiser for there own benefit.

Bundoora will be playing Watsonia footy Club next Thursday night the 19th in a 20/20 with all proceeds to be donated. kick off at 5:30 with hopefully a celebrity in each team, still working on it.
bbq, raffles, auction items & live music from 8pm.

i'm sure you are all aware that Whittlesea are holding a major event on friday the 27th of Feb, see the footy club website for details.
they are anticipating a huge crowd so i think Dysons will be arranging buses to & from the event, when i know more i'll post the pick up points.

one shot;323154 said:

Jimmy, Mick and family are all good as well as the house which is good news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back