Dvca, Nmca And Hdca To Merge

Which Association Clubs will benefit the most from this merger

• Total voters
Tongs - you have missed my point. The NMCA as an Association is robust and not struggling. A couple of clubs may be - but in the past these clubs have shown great resilience. A transparent process is in place. There is room for ideas. Clubs will have the opportunity for input and in this forum so do individuals. " People have said" a lot of things. I think it is more constructive to wait for the Steering Committees and stay within the process.

Tongs - you have missed my point. The NMCA as an Association is robust and not struggling. A couple of clubs may be - but in the past these clubs have shown great resilience. A transparent process is in place. There is room for ideas. Clubs will have the opportunity for input and in this forum so do individuals. " People have said" a lot of things. I think it is more constructive to wait for the Steering Committees and stay within the process.

If its so robust why want this massive change, how about you (NMCA and JIKA) form some super comp. I really only see a small minority in the DVCA that want this change and they are not selling it well. Don't kid ya self Bill the steering committee will do nothing and be told by some person at CV what they want, the steering committee is really a information committee to pass info back to clubs. Somehow this has already been approved and some arse clown is to blame.

If its so robust why want this massive change, how about you (NMCA and JIKA) form some super comp. I really only see a small minority in the DVCA that want this change and they are not selling it well. Don't kid ya self Bill the steering committee will do ******** all and be told by some cocksucker at CV what they want, the steering committee is really a information committee to pass info back to clubs. Somehow this has already been approved and some arse clown is to blame.

Correct. Wouldn't it have been a better process if the Clubs were given the opportunity to vote on if they wanted a sub-committee formed to explore the merger rather than go through the "due process"???? first? Oh and what are the terms of reference for the sub-committee? Will they bring all the goods and bads that the merger will have to the table for the Clubs to vote on? Or will they just bring all the sugar coating that a merger will provide? Hope they look at both sides of the argument and provide a totally unbiased point of view.

I find it very interesting that of all the comments I made, that thats only one you choose to comment on....
I will ask you these questions Bill (and I am sorry that you are copping it, but if you can get the other powers to be to answer that would be good):

1) For what reasoning would DVCA clubs (not the exec the clubs) want this merger?

2) The NMCA have done well in keeping the 6 or so sides afloat, is the merger going to allow you (NCL) to kill these sides, and then you can blame the HDCA and DVCA. So you don't have the blood on your hands? Because that is exactly what will happen. All those clubs will be dead within 12 months.

3) As a player in the DVCA what benefit is it going to have for me? And i will say, don't say a stronger comp, because the people that are saying that are so nieve, for every good club that is coming to DVCA there will be two shit clubs. For every gun player, there will be 5 spastics!

4) How dare the head honcho of DVCA HDCA and NMCA (i believe yourself) speak with CV, and vote for this to happen. When very clearly there have been no players consulted before this has happened?

5) As CowCorner so politely put it, the steering committee is going to be filled with power driven fools. They are nothing but ventriloquist dolls who will have CVs hands so far up their arses working their mouths on all the garbage they want sold to the members of the comps. They will not work out how it will be run, or anything like that, CV will tell the morons on the committee so some halfwit on there says "oh thats what i meant, aren't i smart for thinking of that idea, lets go with that" (Probably from Epping) Then CV just sit back and laugh at us.

6) Who would "benefit" from this merger the most. The players? or The 3 comps exec's? the way i see it, there are 3 comps who all have people on the execs who are old, stale, worn out, and been in the position a long time. And this would be a very easy way of getting out of the job.

This proposal will never work. I actually think there are at least 8 of the older DVCA clubs who would be willing to go their own way and recreate a true local competition again if the merger was forced upon them. I still really don't understand the point of a "super comp". If you want to play the highest level of cricket, go play premier cricket. And as for junior development, any really good junior cricketer should be at a Premier club anyway. The reason the DVCA exists is so local cricketers can play competitive social cricket.

Dvca has always been strong that's why clubs from the other 2 associations leave to play here
all will lose respected youngsters (18-24yrs old) in this merger. struggling cluns will still collapse and fold (no matter how hard CV push to hold them up, they will only do it for so long.
this will not make our region stronger, if anything it will set it back even further.

I've also heard rumors this is to strengthen, and put wheels on, CV's push for another district club out this way
surely they aren't that desperate...

If you want to VOLUNTEER to be on the committee email the following and express your interest. The more the merrier, I urge all to join, especially those TOTALLY against this.

mandkmaxwell@hotmail.com

DVCA@asn.cricketvictoria.com.au

Nah. 2 sub-committees (1 seniors and 1 juniors) each of 2 representing each of the assocs. with the each senior and junior sub-committee being 6. Thinking about it would've thought the Clubs should've been consulted even on this.

Nah. 2 sub-committees (1 seniors and 1 juniors) each of 2 representing each of the assocs. with the each senior and junior sub-committee being 6. Thinking about it would've thought the Clubs should've been consulted even on this.

That is correct man with strange name (I cannot pronounce it, you need to fill in all where this moniker comes from Nawab)

Anyway they have said that 6 will be on the committee but of they get an inundation from people expressing interest they may reconsider their options and have a general referendum for all DVCA clubs.

NMCA is the only competition that would benefit from a merger. that comp is run down and on the verge of folding so they have no other option than to entertain a supercomp. If the comp is so robust why do they only have one umpire in there top grade?? and why have so many clubs left the association ie (mernda, Lalor stars, epping, rosbank, camrea) just to name a few. There wouldnt be any club in NMCA that would be good enough to play in the top grade in the supercomp. If NMCA have fallen on hard times it should be left up to there administration to find a solution. A merger is the only solution for a run down tin pot competition.To suggest NMCA are looking to promote the game in the region sounds like spin to me.The only reason they are all for the move is that it is a last gasp for Bill to try and resurrect the damage he has caused NMCA.

NMCA is the only competition that would benefit from a merger. that comp is run down and on the verge of folding so they have no other option than to entertain a supercomp. If the comp is so robust why do they only have one umpire in there top grade?? and why have so many clubs left the association ie (mernda, Lalor stars, epping, rosbank, camrea) just to name a few. There wouldnt be any club in NMCA that would be good enough to play in the top grade in the supercomp. If NMCA have fallen on hard times it should be left up to there administration to find a solution. A merger is the only solution for a run down tin pot competition.To suggest NMCA are looking to promote the game in the region sounds like spin to me.The only reason they are all for the move is that it is a last gasp for Bill to try and resurrect the damage he has caused NMCA.

Just what this forum needs. Another nameless fool.

1st of all, the HDCA is in far worse trouble than the NMCA is and I'm pretty sure that the winner of the 20/20 from the 3 comps was a NMCA side on the up. I'm quite sure that NMCA have 3 clubs that would seriously push for the super comp, just the same as HDCA does. This isn't to say that all 3 would get in, as I wouldn't be so silly to think that the DVCA would probably fill as many as 9 positions in a 12 team super comp.

This whole discussion is not about who's comp is better and why, it is about whether or not this merger will add anything to the area in terms of a better set up for all players, especially juniors - playing against better players at a higher level would surely be a good thing for the younger players. Whether these kids will be scooped up to a 'new' district or sub district side is not a new issue, Northcote, Ivanhoe, Coburg have always had their eyes on the Northern Suburbs for the best kids, whether through Hatch or Dowling. Some move on, and some of these come back in their mid 20's as better players.
Playing against same level of players should bring better attitudes towards batting for time, not just slogging and being all out in 58-65 overs(which is happening in senior cricket with far too much regularity), more patience from bowlers as it is harder to get people out and you need to think about strategies.

I think that it is great that so much passion has been stirred up, and maybe we don't need this merger to happen, maybe as said prior, this is just the shake up that the 3 associations boards need to fire up and work harded, that said, surely some of the most passionate people on here - Tongs, Cow, Nawab - (not sure of real identities, or if you are on any committees), but why not put your hands up to go on to the associations committee and bring some new ideas to the quote "old, stale, worn out, and been in the position a long time" people.

There is still alot to be said from all angles, but I think we need to get off the 'my side is better, your side is shit' comments.

If you want to VOLUNTEER to be on the committee email the following and express your interest. The more the merrier, I urge all to join, especially those TOTALLY against this.

mandkmaxwell@hotmail.com

DVCA@asn.cricketvictoria.com.au

Mark, not true. I was late with our nomination and received a reply from Michael Atkins to say this nomination will not be considered! Very disappointed, but will abide by the decision.

No, I guess that we will be told at next weeks Delegates meeting. I understand the reasoning for nominations by the the 25th of March, but surely a matter of such importance will require a number of peoples involvement to sell it to all Clubs in their respective Association so a few days wouldn't make a huge difference. Would I be game enough to suggest the DVCA Executive have "hand-picked" the steering Committee? No, I don't think I would be game enough.
Bill / Mark - anyone there?????

Just what this forum needs. Another nameless fool.
Was this a direct response to my post? I am still waiting for an honest answer from you Bill. And just for the record I am not nameless, everyone on here knows who i am, and i am more than happy to fill you in if you really care for my name? But please answer the questions i asked, as they were serious, honest questions that are on the lips of all the people that matter in the DVCA. The players!

Back