DVCA: Player movements and rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Player movements and rumours

The Ox;408113 said:
Having seen him thrash 16-1s around the park a couple of seasons ago, including beating our boys almost by himself, I have to say I rate him pretty highly, will be interesting to see how he goes now he's playing seniors on turf.

Sounds like a good prospect for the dragons. I will follow his progress with intrest.:)
As for adjusting to turf. I don't think there is as big an adjustment required as in back in the old days (as my father tells it) due to the wickets being covered. You don't get to many dodgy wickets these days. You do get a lot of flat tracks made for making runs. So I hope he adjusts to it nicely.
Did he play much seniors last year?

does anybody know what the deal is with the twenty twenty competition thats spkoen about on the DVCA page?details and how it works?

vinnie bolzano;408158 said:
does anybody know what the deal is with the twenty twenty competition thats spkoen about on the DVCA page?details and how it works?

All three comps asked teams to volunteer, teams pooled into groups of I believe three, have to play three games.

Winners of pool keep going, winner takes all at end.

Clubs drawn to play will be given approx 2 weeks to play the game (expected to be Tue/Thu night)

Umps supplied by all comps, possible trial of pink ball (but I expect we will use white one)

riversidestrangler;408135 said:
Sounds like a good prospect for the dragons. I will follow his progress with intrest.:)
As for adjusting to turf. I don't think there is as big an adjustment required as in back in the old days (as my father tells it) due to the wickets being covered. You don't get to many dodgy wickets these days. You do get a lot of flat tracks made for making runs. So I hope he adjusts to it nicely.
Did he play much seniors last year?

Made about 800 runs in the 16's including a ton in the gf. then also played in thr barclay shield premiership making the most runs for the club in the finals. not bad at age of 16

PremiersAgain;408183 said:
Made about 800 runs in the 16's including a ton in the gf. then also played in thr barclay shield premiership making the most runs for the club in the finals. not bad at age of 16

Runs in the home and away season very good. But big runs in finals. Very impressive, sounds like an old head on young shoulders.

riversidestrangler;408209 said:
Runs in the home and away season very good. But big runs in finals. Very impressive, sounds like an old head on young shoulders.

he'll be able to sleep at night now that you're impressed. big feather in his cap that!

second_slip;408225 said:
he'll be able to sleep at night now that you're impressed. big feather in his cap that!

Why dont you have a good hard look at how mature a comment that is. You are a ****er!

riversider;408313 said:
Why dont you have a good hard look at how mature a comment that is. You are a ****er!

it's about as mature as some of the things the strangler is rolling out on here. any danger of him sliding into a new club, putting his head down and going about his business quietly.

i bet gibbo's real happy about the way he's conducting himself on here, as if there wasn't enough pressure on riverside to perform anyway without him coming on talking like he's a 10-year veteran who's achieved something!

good luck strangler because you're going to need it! might be a few printouts of your dribble handed out to a few bowling attacks each thursday night...

second_slip;408315 said:
it's about as mature as some of the things the strangler is rolling out on here. any danger of him sliding into a new club, putting his head down and going about his business quietly.

i bet gibbo's real happy about the way he's conducting himself on here, as if there wasn't enough pressure on riverside to perform anyway without him coming on talking like he's a 10-year veteran who's achieved something!

good luck strangler because you're going to need it! might be a few printouts of your dribble handed out to a few bowling attacks each thursday night...

Arent u the keyboard warrior.

riversider;408316 said:
Arent u the keyboard warrior.

just say if my honesty is a bit much or if i'm off the mark.

i'm guessing with your insults standing at two from two then you've got nothing sensible to contribute

second_slip;408317 said:
just say if my honesty is a bit much or if i'm off the mark.

i'm guessing with your insults standing at two from two then you've got nothing sensible to contribute

Anyway, I’m over this.

It’s just a terrible forum.

Strangler says a Johnno must be a terrific player with a mature head on his shoulders and you come in on your first post and stick it to him. You have got to be kidding....

What club are you from Keyboard Warrior..

riversider;408318 said:
Anyway, I’m over this.

It’s just a terrible forum.

Strangler says a Johnno must be a terrific player with a mature head on his shoulders and you come in on your first post and stick it to him. You have got to be kidding....

What club are you from Keyboard Warrior..

gee that's awful nice of strangler to make those comments on someone he doesn't know and has never seen play. like i said, the kid can now sleep at night knowing he has stranglers approval...

and i'm from whatever club you want me to be from... ;)

second_slip;408320 said:
gee that's awful nice of strangler to make those comments on someone he doesn't know and has never seen play. like i said, the kid can now sleep at night knowing he has stranglers approval...

and i'm from whatever club you want me to be from... ;)

This is meant to be a forum. In between the usual friendly banter a topic comes along and people are interested enough to comment on it. You posting your smartass comment killed it.

Why wouldn't you announce your club. You should be proud.

riversidestrangler;408209 said:

Saw him bat a couple of times last year. Hes a fantastic player. Got burnt by Lovey against us last year....

Hit a massive tommy in the grand final.

Let's keep the insults out of the discussion guys. There's no need to escalate things on here for the sake of trying to prove a point.

Centre to Leg;407656 said:
Old Paradians CC (now Plenty Valley) promise young kids the world and often deliver very little for them. Going to Sub District Cricket is a sideways step. If a young fella in the DVCA is serious & good enough they would follow in the footsteps of Mitch Johnson (Plenty CC) and prove their ability in Barclay Shield or Money Shield first and then go down the line to a Premier Club where they will receive the real coaching and real development required to further their game.

If it wasnt for big money handed out each season by Cricket Victoria to Sub District Clubs many of these Sub District Clubs would go under. Quite often this money they receive for player development often goes into buying a Premier Cricket Gun like Adam Dale or a Mick Lewis for example. Not sure there is much player development going on. But I could be wrong.
Good luck anyway....hope you have a Melway for game days, you will need it.

Better off playing 1s and 2s at subbies than be stuck in the 3rds and 4ths at district because once your struggling at premier level, you are out the door and back to dvca or vsdca

internet_tough_guy_-_because_its_easy_to_be_a_6_foot_4_olympic_powerlifter_and_streetfighting_god_from_behind_the_confines_of_a_keyboard.jpg

Agree with the administrator, lets move on. RS is new and I don't really think he has gone over any mark. We all are here to have fun, banter but fun. If we keep on like this we will never attract new people to the forum.

Good luck RS (although keen for you to miss a game when my Club plays ya) Lets get back to what this thread was about..........

Centre to Leg;407674 said:
Perhaps it all comes back to years of the Bundoora Old Paradian CC poaching young talent from many DVCA clubs who have spent vast amounts of time and money in developing their own talent from within, unlike the BOP's who approach our young players, tell them how good they are, promise them world and quite often we find them back playing in the DVCA within a season or two. I have no problems with young cricketers wanting to play Premier Cricket but Sub-District Cricket is the poor relation of Premier Cricket and as I said in my last post, is propped up by Cricket Victoria.
All I ask is for Sub District Clubs to stop poaching young DVCA talent and come up with their own internal junior strategies and not prey on hard working DVCA clubs year in year out.

who are the kids that have been promised and not delivered? or is it all made up bull****?

Keep Wandering;408350 said:
Better off playing 1s and 2s at subbies than be stuck in the 3rds and 4ths at district because once your struggling at premier level, you are out the door and back to dvca or vsdca

Can't argue with that KW! More than fair perspective that may suit some until they feel the time is right and they are ready to go down to Premier.

CowCorner;408351 said:
internet_tough_guy_-_because_its_easy_to_be_a_6_foot_4_olympic_powerlifter_and_streetfighting_god_from_behind_the_confines_of_a_keyboard.jpg

Agree with the administrator, lets move on. RS is new and I don't really think he has gone over any mark. We all are here to have fun, banter but fun. If we keep on like this we will never attract new people to the forum.

Good luck RS (although keen for you to miss a game when my Club plays ya) Lets get back to what this thread was about..........

A love child of yours Andrew?

Agreed though, there is too much sledging on here! :):)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back