DVCA: Player movements and rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Player movements and rumours

Good to see Mill Park going with the youth policy. Both coach and captain (step-brothers I believe) are 40+, and are going nowhere fast, much like the club as a whole. What does the future hold up there? Are they looking and planning for a future?

George;402820 said:
Good to see Mill Park going with the youth policy. Both coach and captain (step-brothers I believe) are 40+, and are going nowhere fast, much like the club as a whole. What does the future hold up there? Are they looking and planning for a future?

No there not step brothers George same mum same dad! Just for the record Darren is a young 38... Going no where fast George? Maybe you should do some home work on both players before bagging them. If you look at Mill parks list the youth policy is looking pretty good. I think Shane has alot to offer Mill Park as a coach as Darren will as a captain. As for the youth policy you talk of it seems to be working for Camrea! All we can do is see what happens in the season ahead.

The Wizz;402838 said:
No there not step brothers George same mum same dad! Just for the record Darren is a young 38... Going no where fast George? Maybe you should do some home work on both players before bagging them. If you look at Mill parks list the youth policy is looking pretty good. I think Shane has alot to offer Mill Park as a coach as Darren will as a captain. As for the youth policy you talk of it seems to be working for Camrea! All we can do is see what happens in the season ahead.

Hey Wiz, . Monty, Boro and Macleod are playing in the HDCA 17s in 2010/11. Will MillPark be putting their 09/10 U16 side in HDCA U17s to see if they can match it with Heidelberg and East Ivanhoe.

paul collingwood;402865 said:
Im sure his current club would be happy finding this out on a public forum.

i might be wrong but im pretty sure the captain-coach of rivergum knew he wasnt playing there!

Goliath;402854 said:
Hey Wiz, . Monty, Boro and Macleod are playing in the HDCA 17s in 2010/11. Will MillPark be putting their 09/10 U16 side in HDCA U17s to see if they can match it with Heidelberg and East Ivanhoe.

Yes Mill park will have a side in HDCA this coming season. We as a club have pushed for the odd numbers for years now. I have lost count of how many players we have lost to Rivergum and OP'S over the years. If it keeps kids in junior cricket for 1 extra year I'm all for it. I think out 17s will be up there with the best of them Goliath.
Don't be suprised to more DVCA 16s looking for a game as well.

legend of a bear;402800 said:
That must have been a pretty good "D" Grade side that Camrea had 2 years ago with both of Mill Parks recruits playing for them.

http://cricket.resultsvault.com/common/pages/public/rv/teams.aspx?entityid=1192&id=TEM

Shane "Spud" was a borderline seconds/thirds player at the time. A good bloke who won our best clubman award in his first year.
Darren could have been a first XI player but for one reason or another was happy playing thirds cricket. After cleaning up all the club awards in the thirds that year he got up in front of everybody at Camrea Presentation Night and said he wanted to play at the highest level at Camrea the following season. He then vanished.

Nawab of Pautadi;402747 said:
Be interesting to see how long the school opens up the facilities to the Combine?

I`ll just present a few facts based on the previous posts! At present the name is Research but there will be scope in the future for a more inclusive name representing both clubs, however that will decided by the joint memberships in the future. The committee comprises of a total of 19 persons with a slight majority from the Collegians. President (Research) 2 VP`s (Collegians) Sec (Collegians) Treasurer (Research) and Junior Co -Ord (Collegians).We have a working Cricket Ops group with equal representation and at this stage we have commitments from the core first eleven group of both clubs to play minus as everyone is well a aware (Leigh McTaggart) and of course Luke Kennel (Susp). The motive for the move was based on diminishishing commitment from people to contribute on and off the field which had the potential to cause serious problems in years to come. Bare in mind that this decision was taken with an almost unanimous result from both clubs membership and has rock solid support from the school and it`s principal Dave Warner, whom is also part of cricket club committee. It`s an exciting time for both clubs to come together and be joined as 1 and from a Barclay Shield perspective will be a stronger team than what Research fielded last season. AS with all things of this nature, the proof will be in the pdding as to how well it all goes, but if early indicators are a guide, all will be well. Stay tuned!

Whispers out of Greensborough are that they have been busy in the off season and have recruited very well. New Captain/Coach for the coming season. Added to the current group of young talented players can Greensborough go one step further in 2010/2011?

TGAT;402927 said:
Whispers out of Greensborough are that they have been busy in the off season and have recruited very well. New Captain/Coach for the coming season. Added to the current group of young talented players can Greensborough go one step further in 2010/2011?

Could be on the money TGAT, everyone who's played in successfull sides knows grand finals are very hard to make and tougher to win, so it depends on how well the young fella's (some still unproven at club 1st 11) can absorb the pressure of being hunted after making last years grandy unexpectidly.

George;402820 said:

Competition would be better off without them, never achieved much, barely treading water, get rid of them and give thier ground to someone else, maybe the frangers.

100% BULL;402992 said:
Is this confirmation of my June 1st rumor? CC can you shed any light?

His wife is close friends with a few of Rivergum players wives and nearly signed a few years ago, the word in nth metro its a done deal

100% BULL;402992 said:
Is this confirmation of my June 1st rumor? CC can you shed any light?

He was sacked a month ago! I can't see him going to Rivergum the club has no money and we all know what gets AJ to a club $$$$$$$.

The Wizz;403002 said:
He was sacked a month ago! I can't see him going to Rivergum the club has no money and we all know what gets AJ to a club $$$$$$$.

5 senior sides in finals, 4 in grand finals, 3 flags, north metro club of the year and best managed club ,who needs money?
The info on o'day is wrong, hasnt spoken to rivergum.

The Wizz;403002 said:

might want to research that a bit more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back