DVCA: Player movements and rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Player movements and rumours

Centre to Leg;405233 said:
Ha ha ha...I like it. I believe they are trying to set themselves up to enter Premier Cricket. Lots of rumours at premier level that a District / Premier Club will base itself in the heart of the Northern suburbs.

that is absolutely spot on, the plan is to join district ranks within 3 years

vinnie bolzano;405245 said:
exactly right..im a wanderer and the prices are no where near what has been stated by these people who have no idea..real figures dont even reach half of what is claimed by these peassants

Please tell me as a matter if interest. What sort o figures would the 2 new recruits be on if the stated 16k on here is no where near!

WanderingUnity;404672 said:
Anyone heard anything about the whereabouts of Gutto??

Rumour is def not playing with the 'merge' and is on the open market....biggest offer will land him.

Will he go to Barclay and try his luck, or stay in the small pond that is Money..

Caught up with Gutto tonight. He's pretty keen to have a crack at Research for at least one season, but is reluctant to commit right now, as he is quite confident that GC17 will be drafting him in November.

It told him not to hold his breath. :D

Originally Posted by Centre to Leg View Post
Ha ha ha...I like it. I believe they are trying to set themselves up to enter Premier Cricket. Lots of rumours at premier level that a District / Premier Club will base itself in the heart of the Northern suburbs.

F Troop;405249 said:
Last i heard it could possibly be North Melbourne CC, will rename themselves Plenty Valley Kangaroos. unconfirmed at this stage/

Try Richmond CC !
North Melbourne CC, I believe will move to where they were originally going to relocate a couple of seasons ago - Roxburgh Park - or maybe even Caroline Springs area. That is still being discussed.
Richmond CC used AK Lines as their 3rds/4ths base up until this season and now with Richmond FC looking to take full control of Punt Road they are looking to establish in a growing area. So what better than to hop-scotch over their nearest rival (Northcote CC) and move into the Diamond Valley area and Plenty corridor which would create less travel for potential recruits to get to training, etc. Maybe hard to shift Old Paradians off AK Lines but could trump Northcote CC by bidding for Sharpes Reserve !

hackbowler;405239 said:
Believe he went to play with mates - didn't work out and returned to Lower who have lost Arberger if the rumours are true. Doveton paying $10k+

And please enlighten us at to what didn't work out.

Nawab of Pautadi;405303 said:
And please enlighten us at to what didn't work out.
MAYBE 112 RUNS IN 8 HITS ( INCL 66* IN ONE INNINGS) IS WHAT DIDNT WORK OUT ???

I dont want to stir too much - he did spank me all over L.P park last time I played him in B grade. :)

vinnie bolzano;405245 said:
exactly right..im a wanderer and the prices are no where near what has been stated by these people who have no idea..real figures dont even reach half of what is claimed by these peassants

I know you are a wanderer. You can tell by your spelling.

fresh face;405266 said:
Please tell me as a matter if interest. What sort o figures would the 2 new recruits be on if the stated 16k on here is no where near!

$16K plus all of the firsts are on $100 a win. Must have some serious coin in the bank.

Teapicker;405312 said:
$16K plus all of the firsts are on $100 a win. Must have some serious coin in the bank.

Teapicker you cant be serious.

Where are you getting these figures from?

THE PREZ;405307 said:
MAYBE 112 RUNS IN 8 HITS ( INCL 66* IN ONE INNINGS) IS WHAT DIDNT WORK OUT ???

I dont want to stir too much - he did spank me all over L.P park last time I played him in B grade. :)

Yeah probably not like his last season @ LP but still can't make out what the original comment of "didn't work out" from hackbowler was all about. Really can't believe that failure to make runs was the reason for returning to LP nor that he was unhappy at LE.

Nawab of Pautadi;405320 said:
Yeah probably not like his last season @ LP but still can't make out what the original comment of "didn't work out" from hackbowler was all about. Really can't believe that failure to make runs was the reason for returning to LP nor that he was unhappy at LE.

Happy at LE, came to play with some close mates, was great around the Club. Always had a want to return to LP, has a lot of mate there as well.

I reckon if you ask anyone at LE they will say they wish him all the best and he leaves with no ill-feeling. Top bloke and I am sure will be down for a few froffies during the year. (but hopefully if we play him again he is injured).

The DVCA has had alot of players go from one team to another, I am sure mostly there is no real ill feeling.

hackbowler;405337 said:
I meant that his mates he went to play with were not in the team with him
:cool:

Thanks for the clarification hb. Thought there may have been something more sinister in your original comment. Probably some of Gunnjas closest mates weren't in the ones but have no doubt he was on pretty good terms with all the players and us supporters loved him. Except of course when as my sponsored player in 08-09 he didn't bring home the p155 for me as player of the round in any of the games. luv him all the same and will give him sheet this week at Mont:D in the type of conditions that should suit him.

F Troop;405249 said:
Last i heard it could possibly be North Melbourne CC, will rename themselves Plenty Valley Kangaroos. unconfirmed at this stage/

totally wrong, old paradians have changed their name to plenty valley cricket club, logo or nickname have not been discussed of yet

I believe a few Diamond Valley Clubs had a fair crack at luring Adam Dale back to the DVCA, one club in particular was very close I hear.
Can anyone confirm the rumour?

Also Old Paradian's Bundoora have now changed their name to "Plenty Valley" I believe. Hopefully a name change may stop them from trying to pinch everyones junior players, somehow I doubt it.

As quoted in this week's edition of the Banyule Leader:

Leader Community ePaper

And certainly they won't stop attracting the better juniors from the area.

Next stop: Premier Cricket

sam_j_adams;405812 said:
I believe a few Diamond Valley Clubs had a fair crack at luring Adam Dale back to the DVCA, one club in particular was very close I hear.
Can anyone confirm the rumour?

Also Old Paradian's Bundoora have now changed their name to "Plenty Valley" I believe. Hopefully a name change may stop them from trying to pinch everyones junior players, somehow I doubt it.

As quoted in this week's edition of the Banyule Leader:

Leader Community ePaper

And certainly they won't stop attracting the better juniors from the area.

Next stop: Premier Cricket

Not much of a rumour with Adam! Pretty much common knowledge dealt with in previous posts. As for clubs being close? At one point I thought we were across the line, but at this stage no go, although he has offered to help with our pre season. So who knows!

brutal;405826 said:
sam_j_adams;405812 said:
Not much of a rumour with Adam! Pretty much common knowledge dealt with in previous posts. As for clubs being close? At one point I thought we were across the line, but at this stage no go, although he has offered to help with our pre season. So who knows!

i would curious to know what somebody of that experience and skill would be worth $$$$$.
i personally don't really care what players get paid, if you can get it and justify it good on you.

but you would have to be talking $15k to $20k surely?

i would think there are a lot less credentialed running around on 6 to 8 K

might be know were near, but i would'nt think he would have been on anyhting less at melbourne and Bundoora old paradians. Hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back