DVCA: Representative Sides

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmr_13

DVCA: Representative Sides

Who is going to be representing us throughout the age groups ?
U12's through to Barclay + Money sides for the Tri Series against NMCA and HDCA.

names to look out for or selections which have left you scratching your head ?

Re: DVCA: Representative Sides

Hopefully this year they pick players on there seasons results not on what they have done in previous years. Senior comp sides this is.

bradfromeltham;280332 said:
Hopefully this year they pick players on there seasons results not on what they have done in previous years. Senior comp sides this is.

True Snowy but history probably needs to come into it sometimes but hopefully not to much history.

Also do we need to start renumerating players to intice them to play?

I know that some will state that its a privlige etc etc BUT if we want the best player representating the comp (and that includes all imports (local and international) does the DVCA need to offer cash incentives for performances when representing the comp?

Just a thought but last year watching at Epping I reckon we where beaten by their imports and if memory serves me (and remember its 1am ATM) other than Keaysey and Gunny no other DVCA did much.(I will stand corrected though....the cold ones at Epping where tasty)

They are great days and great for all players and spectators, I always look forward to watching them and cannot wait....whoever plays.

Cheers

CowCorner;280649 said:
True Snowy but history probably needs to come into it sometimes but hopefully not to much history.

Also do we need to start renumerating players to intice them to play?

I know that some will state that its a privlige etc etc BUT if we want the best player representating the comp (and that includes all imports (local and international) does the DVCA need to offer cash incentives for performances when representing the comp?

Just a thought but last year watching at Epping I reckon we where beaten by their imports and if memory serves me (and remember its 1am ATM) other than Keaysey and Gunny no other DVCA did much.(I will stand corrected though....the cold ones at Epping where tasty)

They are great days and great for all players and spectators, I always look forward to watching them and cannot wait....whoever plays.

Cheers

Fair & valid point CC, wouldn't say no however I think you should play the day out of enjoyment, to play at a higher level with talented players and strong competition, not money.

I think it was a disgrace we lost the A Grade to JIKA. our Barclay players should be better than JIKA's best.

Yeah fair enough history can come into it but what about if there are blokes that are striving to make the comp side to better there own cricket. If they are performing week in and week out surely they deserve to be picked rather than players who have done something 18 months ago???

Sticky Wicket;280734 said:
Fair & valid point CC, wouldn't say no however I think you should play the day out of enjoyment, to play at a higher level with talented players and strong competition, not money.

I think it was a disgrace we lost the A Grade to JIKA. our Barclay players should be better than JIKA's best.

the team that was selected against jika was not the best 11 , jikas team was pretty close to the best 11 . the pig/still/witcher did not have the best of years last year but some how got picked.so far for this year my squad would be out of ..
minney
poyser
davis
zerafa
turner
love
witcher
dean
kemp
gibbs
salvatore
angelucci
glynn
keays
adams
baker

i am positive i have missed a few

bradfromeltham;281100 said:
Yeah fair enough history can come into it but what about if there are blokes that are striving to make the comp side to better there own cricket. If they are performing week in and week out surely they deserve to be picked rather than players who have done something 18 months ago???

True mate I was probably trying to say that we have only played 4 games and 2 where 1dayers so some batter may have hit out late in a game or bowlers smashed in junk time so it could be unfair but generally I do agree with you players should be performing.

the swedish chef;281128 said:
the team that was selected against jika was not the best 11 , jikas team was pretty close to the best 11 . the pig/still/witcher did not have the best of years last year but some how got picked.so far for this year my squad would be out of ..
minney
poyser
davis
zerafa
turner
love
witcher
dean
kemp
gibbs
salvatore
angelucci
glynn
keays
adams
baker

Dean = Brad Dean? The boys come a long way.

the swedish chef;281128 said:
minney
poyser
davis
zerafa
turner
love
witcher
dean
kemp
gibbs
salvatore
angelucci
glynn
keays
adams
baker

What about hurst from epping and barnett from lower plenty?

beenaround;292672 said:
Any thoughts on the Money Shield side guys ?
Been around, i listed a team a couple of weeks ago in the Money Shield thread but my new Money Shield rep side would be as follows (batting order)

1. J.Berthet
2. ?
3. L.Kennell
4. G.Duggin
5. T.Hand
6. C.Zealley (only picked cause made 2 big scores out of 6, dunno much about him)
7. W.Wunhym
8. L.Stewart
9. B.Lewis
10. D.Sadowy
11. C.Paine

Other opener I dont know, maybe push everyone up 1 spot and put in Matty George??

What would your team be beenaround??

Concussion;292716 said:
Been around, i listed a team a couple of weeks ago in the Money Shield thread but my new Money Shield rep side would be as follows (batting order)

1. J.Berthet
2. ?
3. L.Kennell
4. G.Duggin
5. T.Hand
6. C.Zealley (only picked cause made 2 big scores out of 6, dunno much about him)
7. W.Wunhym
8. L.Stewart
9. B.Lewis
10. D.Sadowy
11. C.Paine

Other opener I dont know, maybe push everyone up 1 spot and put in Matty George??

not in order...
W.Wunhym
J.Wallace
J.Berthet
C.Zealley
J.Collicoat
M.George
S.Bray
G.Duggin
B.Lewis
Al.Mann
L.Stewart or L.Kennell

Pretty tough at this stage :confused:

Concussion;292716 said:

1. J.Berthet
2. ?
3. L.Kennell
4. G.Duggin
5. T.Hand
7. W.Wunhym
8. L.Stewart
9. B.Lewis
10. D.Sadowy
11. C.Paine

Good team and the other opener could be Alaister Mann from NEW, always puts in a good performance

No Good at cricket;293049 said:
Good team and the other opener could be Alaister Mann from NEW, always puts in a good performance
Yeah Al Mann is a good choice, has been a little bit down on previous years by his standards but is an old hand in the rep team!

Concussion;293524 said:
Yeah Al Mann is a good choice, has been a little bit down on previous years by his standards but is an old hand in the rep team!

S.Kumar
South Morang
Handy behind the wickets as a keeper
and also bats very well when he gets in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back