Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11

fuzzbungle;406232 said:
Your not wrong Terry, in Baker's 3 seasons in the ECA he has hit 500+ runs every season he has played. Also brilliant behind the stumps.

I think your numbers are slightly wrong. My Cricket suggests that he only got 500 in 2005/6, 383 2006/7 and then 478 in 2009/10.

Terry_Tibbs;406233 said:
I think your numbers are slightly wrong. My Cricket suggests that he only got 500 in 2005/6, 383 2006/7 and then 478 in 2009/10.

Sorry Terry I did a rough estimation. But those numbers still talk volumes.
There have been numerous overseas players who have played multiple seasons in the ECA and they haven't got better figures than Baker's, and the fact that he hasn't played in the strongest teams in the comp makes these figures even better.

fuzzbungle;406234 said:
Sorry Terry I did a rough estimation. But those numbers still talk volumes.
There have been numerous overseas players who have played multiple seasons in the ECA and they haven't got better figures than Baker's, and the fact that he hasn't played in the strongest teams in the comp makes these figures even better.

Yes I guess that is quite interesting. Stuart Cope a pommy guy who will captain North Balwyn this year only scored 267 @ 29 for Donvale last term.

Terry_Tibbs;406235 said:
Yes I guess that is quite interesting. Stuart Cope a pommy guy who will captain North Balwyn this year only scored 267 @ 29 for Donvale last term.

Not great figures from an overseas player. Got to do a lot better this season to even have his name mentioned in the same sentence as Neil baker

fuzzbungle;406236 said:
Not great figures from an overseas player. Got to do a lot better this season to even have his name mentioned in the same sentence as Neil baker

He probably looks better with his shirt off though!

Terry_Tibbs;406237 said:
He probably looks better with his shirt off though!

That doesn't matter in this situation, there are good players who don't have the best body shape. Look at Mark Cosgrove, looks poor without his shirt on but takes the piss out of cricket at first class level.

In this case, size DOESN'T matter!

fuzzbungle;406239 said:
That doesn't matter in this situation, there are good players who don't have the best body shape. Look at Mark Cosgrove, looks poor without his shirt on but takes the piss out of cricket at first class level.

In this case, size DOESN'T matter!

Maybe Baker is just Cosgrove batting right handed?

Terry_Tibbs;406240 said:
Maybe Baker is just Cosgrove batting right handed?

I think it maybe the case with this one. Both players bat like Pumas and are lords on the field.

Having played with bakes at North Balwyn, i am going to confidently silence you all and say that dilip fernando is the best import of any ECA player. Would have played for sri lanka if he was 10 years younger. I'm looking forward to seeing what this young rob keogh is capable of. If facebook display pictures are anything to go by i think copeys a few leagues ahead of bakes.

indignant_toad;406258 said:
Having played with bakes at North Balwyn, i am going to confidently silence you all and say that dilip fernando is the best import of any ECA player. Would have played for sri lanka if he was 10 years younger. I'm looking forward to seeing what this young rob keogh is capable of. If facebook display pictures are anything to go by i think copeys a few leagues ahead of bakes.

What does he would of played for Sri Lanka if he was 10 years younger mean? Why didn't he play for Sri Lanka when he was 10 years younger?
I have no doubt Dillip is an excellent batter, Baker is just obviously an effective club batsman.

Terry_Tibbs;406259 said:
What does he would of played for Sri Lanka if he was 10 years younger mean? Why didn't he play for Sri Lanka when he was 10 years younger?
I have no doubt Dillip is an excellent batter, Baker is just obviously an effective club batsman.

10 years younger meaning the introduction of twenty 20 cricket. wheres bakes playing this year?

indignant_toad;406261 said:
10 years younger meaning the introduction of twenty 20 cricket. wheres bakes playing this year?

Burwood - Now Andrew Male is fit again, they should carve up A Turf with the bat, and then chase leather in the field.

Have to say after reading back through the post that i hugely agree with the comments about parsons, he wouldn't know sportsmanship if it hit him in the face.

Doesn't know how to play fair cricket. And on the topic of blokes without any sportmanship Tongue from Hawthorn has to be right up there.

JAFRO2006;406263 said:
Have to say after reading back through the post that i hugely agree with the comments about parsons, he wouldn't know sportsmanship if it hit him in the face.

Doesn't know how to play fair cricket. And on the topic of blokes without any sportmanship Tongue from Hawthorn has to be right up there.

Oooh Fuzzbungle won't be happy with you slagging off his best mate Parsons!

Was simply making an observation based on my own experiences. Forums are designed to allow this type of interaction; they would be very boring with people's opinions.

Also you better hope that u don't annoy indignant_toad as I know for a fact he bowls smoke... so better hope he doesnt guess who u are....

Jaffro, come on mate. I've been trying to hide my identity. After last nights heated show down between myself and Alex O'neil i'd have to say that the future of dunstan cricket is in the hands of two Indie club rats (o'neil and Gairns).

JAFRO2006;406265 said:
Was simply making an observation based on my own experiences. Forums are designed to allow this type of interaction; they would be very boring with people's opinions.

Also you better hope that u don't annoy indignant_toad as I know for a fact he bowls smoke... so better hope he doesnt guess who u are....

Well obviously, I was really just trying to rile Fuzzbungle. Never played against Parsons so can't say much about him.

I'm sure Toady can get it through. Would be a good contest!

Have to say can't disagree with the indie club rats comment, without turning this thread into some sort of APS cat fight, i personally believe the strong ex Wesley and Xavier contingent will lead North Balwyn forward this year, being only young these boys have much more to offer and surely have a premiership in their grasp at some point in the future.

JAFRO2006;406268 said:
Have to say can't disagree with the indie club rats comment, without turning this thread into some sort of APS cat fight, i personally believe the strong ex Wesley and Xavier contingent will lead North Balwyn forward this year, being only young these boys have much more to offer and surely have a premiership in their grasp at some point in the future.

I just hope you young lads don't get too use to banging it in half way down in the Xavier nets, because you will go miles outside!

Lets try to keep it away from an APS contest. But as xavier won the comp last year it would have to be beneficial for north balwyn and surrounding xavier dominated clubs???

Terry i love you work mate. Will you be playing dunstan this year? i'm taking an educated guess and saying you're a skevs or ashburton man???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back