Eca 2011/2012

What happened in the RC vs. GI game?

Bulleen must be VERY nervous now! 3/10 chasing a decent score against Ashy and Marcellin racking up 281 against skevs. Marc could shove Bulleen down into relegation zone with only one game to play!

Skevs now with an unexpected speed bump to make the finals.

Haw/Deep resuming next week will be intense (31 runs to win, 4 wickets in hand).

If Skevs & Hawthorn lose this week (which is a very distinct possibility) & Ashy & Mont Albert win (another very realistic situation) there could be 4 games next week that could decide the final 4 still.

No-one is safe!! What a finish to the season!

What happened in the RC vs. GI game?

Bulleen must be VERY nervous now! 3/10 chasing a decent score against Ashy and Marcellin racking up 281 against skevs. Marc could shove Bulleen down into relegation zone with only one game to play!

Skevs now with an unexpected speed bump to make the finals.

Haw/Deep resuming next week will be intense (31 runs to win, 4 wickets in hand).

If what i hear is correct, the wet patch a serious problem. One team was prepared to play. The other wasnt. Let me just say that GI were prepared to play....makes you wonder sometimes doesnt it....The umpires left it to the captains btw.

If what i hear is correct, the wet patch a serious problem. One team was prepared to play. The other wasnt. Let me just say that GI were prepared to play....makes you wonder sometimes doesnt it....The umpires left it to the captains btw.
Pardon me....meant to read 'the wet patch WASNT a serious problem..'

RC clearly had box tickets to watch the Caviar at Caulfield on Saturday arvo, nothing wrong with seeing history in the making instead of being embarrased, especially after already being relegated
Great news Richmond City going down, our boys played on there patch early in the year, it is an absolute paddock - both the wicket and ground, bye bye Tigers....................

Who cares

The only thing that matters in a team sport is PREMIERSHIPS. And good players perform in finals. Home and away statistics count for nothing in the finals.

Also a pitty GI did not get to have a crack at RC in a two dayer. Would of answered some questions about their dodgy bolwing attack. Could they roll them twice? Heard on the grapevine RC were not keen to play. Were worried about being rolled twice rather than injury. RC missed out on some valuable match practice in preparation for A grade next season.

Probably best they head down, ALL things considered.....
We deserve to go down. We haven't played to our potential and we have no excuses. No real need for the bitchy comments though Handbreak. Good first contribution from you. Doesn't take a real lot of guts to make calls like that on anonymous forums. On other issues there is nothing wrong with our ground and deck. Plenty of runs have been made there this year. As far as the weekend is concerned the umpires make the decision about whether play starts or happens at all. Nothing to do with us.

We deserve to go down. We haven't played to our potential and we have no excuses. No real need for the bitchy comments though Handbreak. Good first contribution from you. Doesn't take a real lot of guts to make calls like that on anonymous forums. On other issues there is nothing wrong with our ground and deck. Plenty of runs have been made there this year. As far as the weekend is concerned the umpires make the decision about whether play starts or happens at all. Nothing to do with us.

How do you think you boys will go in A-Turf next year Terry?

How do you think you boys will go in A-Turf next year Terry?
We will have to play better and more consistently as a team than we have this year. If you look at our good players they are still quite young and inconsistent. To make finals we will need Laws, Andrews and Kirkup to really play well. Kirkup will need to be fitter and injury free. We will need our new players that we recruited this season to return and maybe pick up another one or 2. We really only have 2 or 3 blokes over 25 so if everyone sticks together and ups their performance by 10-15% than this year we will be ok. If you look at this season we had opportunities to win many of the games we lost. We just need to play some smarter cricket at times.

Well it depends on who you speak to....If you were there Terry then its hard not to accept your version but i hear that the umpires put it to the captains. One captain very eager to start and one looking for excuses not to. Thats from some of the GI lads that stood around the pitch for 2 hours while these excuses were being made......anyway, whats done is done. Its been a terrific season thus far. Those that deserve to be, will be there next season as well.

36 wickets in 10 games is a amazing year........... so far. If anyone thinks otherwise, I want what they are smoking!
Yes 36 wickets in 10 games is outstanding. With a good last game he should get somewhere around the 40 mark. If MA can somehow sneak into the finals he could maybe get 45 which is absolutely outstanding.

Back