Eca

So u rank parsons above patel?

From what I have seen both are class players but Patel impressed me more. Probably the best batsman I have seen at Dunstan Shield level.

Interesting idea though on who you would select in the Dunstan team of the year.

Lots of potential candidates but I am guessing many will just choose those from the top three sides and ignore those that were good for the middle tier and below.

I'll do some digging into stats and put my 11 up in the next day or so.

Christie or Parsons
Tsantsis Hall
Patel
Perera or Cooper
Davis
Morris
Eldridge
Torney
Oshea
Hillas
Swift

Apologies to
Sriskandarajah
Milano
Mullen

From what I have seen both are class players but Patel impressed me more. Probably the best batsman I have seen at Dunstan Shield level.

Interesting idea though on who you would select in the Dunstan team of the year.

Lots of potential candidates but I am guessing many will just choose those from the top three sides and ignore those that were good for the middle tier and below.

I think it depends a lot on how they perform when you play against them. Mont Albert probably think Patel is the next Don Bradman. The reason I'd pick Parsons, is because he's done it year in year out, with bat and ball. And because he averages ~100 in finals. Patel averages ~15 in finals.

Parsons
Amarith (wk)
Patel
X Davis
Morris
Torney
Hillas
OShea
Swift
Mullen
Dinnison

I think it depends a lot on how they perform when you play against them. Mont Albert probably think Patel is the next Don Bradman. The reason I'd pick Parsons, is because he's done it year in year out, with bat and ball. And because he averages ~100 in finals. Patel averages ~15 in finals.
Mont Albert?

To an extent yes but Parsons made 2 100's against my side in the last 5 years and Patel hasn't made one but circumstances such as the pitch in use, dropped catches, teammates failing or succeeding around you have been taken into consideration in my judgement. I've been playing 1st 11 cricket for a long long time and Patel is one of thr best I've seen in this comp. I've seen better in other comps though.

Also that while patel has played first class cricket in england i doubt he would play first class in Australia since australia is simply better than england at cricket. Patel at best is a district cricketer and so is parsons. So i cant seperate the 2.

Dunstan medallist, who is going with who?

My choice will be
Morris and Hillas to tie
with O'Shea's and Cooper to tie for third
Ancher to round out the top 5

Hillas and O'Shea took a lot of wickets! Morris won't have too many team-mates stealing votes from him but did he do enough?

Good effort considering that Heathmont only won 3 games!
Yeah, I looked at his stats for the year. There's 1 game where he should poll all 6 votes, and one other where he could get 3, but otherwise no guarantees. Umpires often see the game different to the rest of us!

Any news floating around re player movement?

Everyone enjoying the preseason?

Who are the favourites for this season? Are Deepdene looking at back to back or is there another team strong enough to stop them?

How will the 2 new sides go?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I've heard big things early, apparently there are grumblings down at deepdeene in regards to who should be on the most money, North Balwyn have caught wind of it and I'm told have made a nice offer to Danny O Shea to come across, not surprising from North Balwyn, nothing's off limits for them, as you say chunky I think donvale will really struggle in the top grade and Surrey hills have been there before so may be ok

I've heard big things early, apparently there are grumblings down at deepdeene in regards to who should be on the most money, North Balwyn have caught wind of it and I'm told have made a nice offer to Danny O Shea to come across, not surprising from North Balwyn, nothing's off limits for them, as you say chunky I think donvale will really struggle in the top grade and Surrey hills have been there before so may be ok
I heard that Deepdene are getting massive numbers to their preseason training. No word of disharmony though.

I would hope that the new sides perform pretty well, always hate to see any side obviously outmatched for a whole year.

Months Albert struggled for much of last season before grabbing some important wins late. Have they recruited much for this year?

Heathmont stayed up by a extremely slim margin. Have they found a player or two to support Morris?

How about Bulleen? Hillas played well last year but seemed to have lacked support. They've been called Dad's army of late, have they found some youth?

Back