ECB Club Coach - Workshops

leggeb4

ECB Club Coach - Workshops

Having just completed the 6 x CDW's ready for ECB Club Coach assessment, I would recommed it to any ECB Level 2 coaches. The new UKCC2 has brought to light the changes in coach progression. Really a UKCC2 is equal to ECB level 1.5 (no disrespect intended, it's the way it's designed). So, the ECB Club Coach is basically a UKCC2.5.
There are some great new methods and the focus is on tactical coaching and video analysis, as well as some direct coaching on new shots.

Re: ECB Club Coach - Workshops

I'm looking to attend the CDW's but at the moment it's tough finding a course with enough empty spaces. Will have my name down first on the list though, when the courses re-start in the Autumn.

Re: ECB Club Coach - Workshops

It would be great to have a SimplyCricket.com seminar, to share thoughts and coaching ideas. Perhaps in time one of us will be a tutor trainer at Level3 to delivery some CDW's???

Got to agree the workshops are a must for ukcc2 but also for the old level 2 out there to pick up some new/changes to technique but more importantly the "how to coach" stuff.. also found independent workshops a good source of information and supporting the core learning.. really ignited my coaching interest again and am looking to get on the level 3 as soon as possible [if they will have me :) ]

Level 3 - the dream of many but always at the whim of the local cricket board.
Tis a bit of a shame that it's more difficult to get on the course than the course itself.. they really should have to publish their selection criteria and results.. but ever the optimist..

I reckon (well I know) I have all the criteria covered and more (to the point where I work with so called 'elite' players and could probably cover the bases for the level 4 award)) but the hardest part is getting the backing of the local cricket board. Firstly it was a struggle to get the CDW's completed (to the point where I had to go to other counties to get them done) and then the club coach award. Now I find any places are automatically given to any ex-professional player as a matter of course; not least as they are funded by the PCA. I wouldn't mind but I give more to the board than many do but it seems it is a case of who you know rather than what.

Back