Edging Often

Coolkar

Edging Often

Hi Guys,

I have this nasty habit of edging the ball to the keeper even while facing pretty straight deliveries especially when I try to use side arm to hit the ball coming way offside. Please help me to trouble shoot this problem. My most of my dismissals are in this manner.

With Cheers,
Karthik.

Re: Edging Often

Is Me again, this thing happens to me mostly when i try to use horizontal bat to play wide offside deliveries & quite straight .

Hi Karthik
I think it could be because of uneven bounce or you dont judge the bounce quite right. Probably the solution is to practice the shots in the nets at a slower pace. Also try playing more with the straight bat as you are less likely to edge the ball in case of uneven bounce.

Maybe you're not getting to the pitch of the ball and therefore wafting at it?

Practice your foot work, you'll reap the rewards in the end.

mate, i often do the same thing, its down t lazy feet. i tend to get stuck in the crease and have to reach for the ball and often edge it rather than middle it,

think it explains why the edge of my bat broke off earlier this evening.

right, havnt posted on this forum for aaaggeeesssss lol. your more than likely playing with your hands away from your body, so your reaching for the ball resulting in either a outside edge or a inside edge.
correct this by getting your foot to the pitch of the ball, head over the ball , keep your hands close to your body ! sorted

Back