England announce 27 man performance squad

mas cambios

England announce 27 man performance squad

An indicator of the make of the team over the next 6-12 months. Lumb is the only uncapped player to make the 27 (3 spaces spare as they can name up to 30).

Squad:

James Anderson (Lancashire) *
Ian Bell (Warwickshire) *
Ravi Bopara (Essex) +
Tim Bresnan (Yorkshire) +
Stuart Broad (Nottinghamshire) *
Michael Carberry (Hampshire)
Paul Collingwood (Durham) *
Alastair Cook (Essex) *
Joe Denly (Kent)
Steven Finn (Middlesex)
Craig Kieswetter (Somerset)
Michael Lumb (Hampshire)
Eoin Morgan (Middlesex) +
Graham Onions (Durham) *
Kevin Pietersen (Hampshire) *
Liam Plunkett (Durham)
Matthew Prior (Sussex) *
Adil Rashid (Yorkshire) +
Owais Shah (Middlesex) +
Ajmal Shazad (Yorkshire)
Andrew Strauss (Middlesex) *
Ryan Sidebottom (Nottinghamshire) *
Graeme Swann (Nottinghamshire) *
James Tredwell (Kent)
Jonathon Trott (Warwickshire) +
Luke Wright (Sussex) +
Michael Yardy (Sussex)

* denotes players on 12-month ECB central contracts.

+ denotes players on ECB increment contracts.

Re: England announce 27 man performance squad

Craig Kieswetter - big things expected of him? or just another young keeper doing the rounds (not to mention, he was born in South Africa)

The 2 omissions which are interesting is Monty Panesar and Steve Harmison. I am beginning to wonder if their careers are over. Panesar with his move to Sussex seems to be trying really hard to regain a test place. But in Graeme Swann I think England have found a pretty decent spinner who can bat aggressively.

The one player that has a very good future is Steven Finn. Liked him in Bangladesh and he has started the championship well.

Panesar is merely superfluous these days, with Swann in the frame. I'm glad they didn't bring him into camp, and instead offered the chance to someone else. Glad to see Denly in the squad, I'm expecting big things from him as he matures. Same goes for Bresnan.

Good selection IMO.

hattrick;397776 said:
The 2 omissions which are interesting is Monty Panesar and Steve Harmison. I am beginning to wonder if their careers are over. Panesar with his move to Sussex seems to be trying really hard to regain a test place. But in Graeme Swann I think England have found a pretty decent spinner who can bat aggressively.

The one player that has a very good future is Steven Finn. Liked him in Bangladesh and he has started the championship well.

Harmison should have been taken out of the equation the day he bowled that first over in Australia when we were thrashed during the Ashes.

I wouldn't say it's interesting that they have left Harmison out, it's a shame for the opposition as he has been routinely poor recently at international level, but it's more accepting reality.

A.B De Villiers;397757 said:
Craig Kieswetter - big things expected of him? or just another young keeper doing the rounds (not to mention, he was born in South Africa)

Hes meant to be a KP style batsman with wicket keeping skills. Agressive and big hitting.
HAs done quite well on the county circuit, averaging 38 in First class matches ~(although this season has averaged only 6 in the 4 games he's played)
http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archive/Players/97/97648/97648.html
Could be a promising player.

SteveyD;398398 said:
Hes meant to be a KP style batsman with wicket keeping skills. Agressive and big hitting.
HAs done quite well on the county circuit, averaging 38 in First class matches ~(although this season has averaged only 6 in the 4 games he's played)
The Home of CricketArchive
Could be a promising player.

He is also planning to be our opener in the t20 tourny ahead of trott .

Back