England can play spin

mas cambios

England can play spin

Having read a brief interview with Vaughn where he insists that England can play spin, I can only think that he was having a laugh.

Sure there have been one or two games when England have played ok against spin but if you look at the number of times they have been cleaned up by the likes of Murali, Warne etc then there is a glaring problem there. Vettori is a good spinner for what he does but he shouldn't be able to assert the strangle hold he does over England. Even Patel was starting to look like a world beater.

I just hope that they are more honest behind the scenes so that they can actually begin to address the problems rather than trotting out the old 'we're learning' or 'it was a blip' excuse.

Re: England can play spin

I know a few part timers that are better than Patel. He is generally the bowler you milk for 7-8 an over. It was surprising to see that England paid him so much respect.

Re: England can play spin

Ian Bell and Kevin Pietersen are very good against spinners. The others seem pretty clueless and dependant on blocking. Bell, Pietersen and sometimes Collingwood are willing to use their feet and hit down the ground, Collingwoods in the blocker brigade though. Shah and Bopara a good players of spin aswell, but neither are in the side.

Back