England Eye Dominant Era?

What changes do you reckon need to be made?

The way I see it is as follows:

England - inconsistent and this probably comes with the players chosen and some of their commitment to the team...look at the Pietersen incident. Also they dont seem to have a REAL leader to get them going like they have in the past (just my opinion).

Australia - Trouble with selection choices and captain, again need the right players chosen and someone who can actually lead the team. The recent series against India is the worst I have seen Australia for a long time.

Pakistan - So much corruption of late its unbelievable, former international umpire Nadeem Ghauri has just been banned for four years and Im sure more players and officials are going to come out the woodwork over time.

The positives at present are New Zealand who to me seem to be putting their potential into practise finally and Ireland who look to be improving...albeit they need more game time to take themselves further.

To me there needs to be more done with younger players to bring them into the international fold, it seems the same players picked constantly...even if they dont deserve it. Make people fight for their place so only those committed deserve it.

What changes do you reckon need to be made?

To back up my claims about the current state of affairs, heres an article about the Pakistan umpires being banned - Pakistan bans umpires.

I just feel that cricket as a whole is in a delicate situation at present with some of the things we have seen in recent years and the way players have responded to their national teams etc.

Back