England in New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: England in New Zealand

Almost_Austwick said:
Have to agree with you there wolf. Big fight for the keeping place as well, Mustard has the first chance to prove he's capable.

I get the feeling Mustard will be the one day keeper and Ambrose will be the test keeper.However i hope we have one for both and give whoever takes the test match role a longer run than they gave Prior.

Priors keeping has been awful and has cost the team both wickets and runs. He deserves to be dropped and not come back until he's learn't to can catch a ball and make a stumping.
I was impressed with mustards keeping in sri Lanka and hope he is given a go.

That's my feeling as well, although Mustard has got the chance to impress in the one day arena first. If he keeps well and can score some runs, then he may well get the nod for the first test.

Who do you think should be the opening batsmen in the 20/20's

I was thinking Luke Wright and Mustard in the 20/20's, and cook and mustard in the 50 over game.

When I looked at the squad and saw Wright then I thought that he may be an option but didn't realise he was in it until just now.

Decent run out for England in the warm up game, not often you see a team use 11 wickets :p.

Wright may have earned himself a place for the 20twenty games, some nice hitting for his 40 odd of 15 balls.

Another comfortable warm up win for England. A ton for Cook and a reasonable run out for the bowlers.

In other news NZ suffer another with the news that Scott Styris has retired from test cricket. That leaves their batting looking even weaker.

It will be interesting to see how Cook does if he plays T20, not his type of format really.

50 needed off the last 20 balls. New Zealand has lost too many wickets. Oram is still there and playing well but 15 runs an over is a bit too big a ask.

Oram needs to do to Sidebottom what Yuvraj did to broad if they have to tie the game. 4 off the first ball. No chance to win the game now. And its over... New Zealand were never in the hunt because they lost too many wickets. If someone stuck around with Oram the game could have been closer.

Another convincing won for England, good opening partnership, slight wobble before Colly and Shah steadied the ship.

Bowlers all played their part, keeping things tight.

Start of the one day series and England have decided to bat first.

Cook in for Wright, Bopara for Mascarenhas, which is something I would have expected, although that may be a liuttle harsh on Mascarenhas, who had 2 decent games in the 20/20.

NZ welcome back their captain and will be looking for a morale boosting victory.

Steady on, we were giving the rest some hope before the world cup. Normal order seems to have resumed now.

Not really to be honest, all I know is that its a drop in pitch and the kiwis are understrength due to the retirements. Poms must be slight favourites if nothing else.

Fair enough, matey.

Slow start by England, Mustard having a few wild swings. Talk of 230 being a reasonable score on this pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back