England in South Africa

Re: England in South Africa

England just did not fight today.. seems home was calling. Pietersen, Prior should be disciplined in my book as they literally gave their wickets away.
Stuart Board (not Broad) must be working really hard for an ICC fine.. taking his time to the wicket and then indicating that the ball touched his arm guard and not his gloves. His attitude is a concern as he is a talented player.

I still think Onions should have played but England had a very successful tour Of South Africa.

Collingwood is not the most talented player the game has seen but his fighting abilities should be commended and he should be getting more respect alas no more limited shots etc.

Must be honest I am surprised that Mark Boucher was given Man of the Series with Swann.

Re: England in South Africa

hattrick;384742 said:
England just did not fight today.. seems home was calling. Pietersen, Prior should be disciplined in my book as they literally gave their wickets away.

Stuart Board (not Broad) must be working really hard for an ICC fine.. taking his time to the wicket and then indicating that the ball touched his arm guard and not his gloves. His attitude is a concern as he is a talented player.

I agree with you in most parts. I think he has every right to take his time but his attitude is really aggressive. It's only a matter of time before that works against him.

hattrick;384742 said:
I still think Onions should have played but England had a very successful tour Of South Africa.

Collingwood is not the most talented player the game has seen but his fighting abilities should be commended and he should be getting more respect alas no more limited shots etc.

With hindsight, Sidebottom should have replaced Anderson (and Onions retained his place) but that would have looked awful at the start of the test match. As for Collingwood, he is indispensable to this England team. England are a team with fantastic potential and this series has really seen them gel as a young unit and mature in their cricket. They have learnt how to draw test matches and how to win test matches, and the character in the side is unquestionable. Collingwood will be a vitally experienced hand in this team if they are to progress to world number one status. The middle order was alarmingly fragile today, though, and, as you said, half of them looked as if they were already back in England and had completely checked out by this morning. There is still a lot to work on for England.

hattrick;384742 said:
Must be honest I am surprised that Mark Boucher was given Man of the Series with Swann.

Swanny was definitely the biggest positive to come out of the tour. He is fast gaining a reputation for taking instant wickets in his first over of a spell. He is a great character and has a hilarious Twitter page! Mark Boucher was good for the Saffers but Swann definitely deserved the award of man of the series, in my book.

Back