England squad to tour West Indies

mas cambios

England squad to tour West Indies

Who would be your 16/18 players boarding the plane for the West Indies series?

I'll tell you my picks shortly (or possibly in my next blog) but I'd like to hear yours first.

Re: England squad to tour West Indies

I'm assuming it's one dayers and tests?

Kevin Pietersen
Andrew Flintoff
Andrew Strauss
Alaistair Cook
Ian Bell
Paul Collingwood
Matt Prior
Stuart Broad
Steve Harmison
James Anderson
Monty Panesar
Graeme Swann
Tim Ambrose
Ravi Bopara
Owais Shah
Ryan Sidebottom (If he's fit?)

That's a squad of 16. Fairly solid squad and should be able to beat the West Indies quite easily.

England team looks good but they are not winning matches due to some reasons.....

Tests

Strauss
Cook
Shah
Pietersen
Collingwood
Flintoff
Prior
Broad
Swann
Harmison
Anderson

Bell
Foster
Tremlett
Ali
Rashid

Wolf;300812 said:
Tests

Strauss
Cook
Shah
Pietersen
Collingwood
Flintoff
Prior
Broad
Swann
Harmison
Anderson

Bell
Foster
Tremlett
Ali
Rashid

I tend to roughly agree with that. Think they'll take Amjad Khan (sp?) though instead of Ail (assuming you mean Kabir Ail?).

Yes I meant Kabir Ali. I am sure they will not pick that squad, but that it is what I would pick.

The absence of Ali, Tremlett (I think) and Foster from the performance squad in India tends to suggest they won't be picked. But the pitches out in WI should suit Tremlett who see a better bet than Khan who looks to have a fairly medicore record. Also Panesar needs to go until someone gives him a brain transplant or he starts to understand he needs some variation.

I agree with you on Tremlett, tall with a bit of pace. I have no problem with Ali, just think he's totally off the England radar, despite a good county season.

Back