England v Sri Lanka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: England v Sri Lanka

It turns out that they have gone with Broad. Vaughan has made 54 out of the 64 runs that England have scored. :eek: It seems that Cook is struggling but its good that he is spending some time out there.

Vaughan played a beautiful innings at one end while Cook struggled at the other. He missed out on the 100 unfortunately. This is a must win game for England and this must be the kind of start they would have hoped for.

KP has a shocking decision, but he still isn't hitting form, he should be letting the ball go there in the first place.

Great to see a partnership from Cook and Collingwood but today has been pretty boring. Hopefully we can see some good aggressive stuff if these two get to 350 without losing a wicket.

It'd be disasterious if we were to lose a wicket now.

Edit; As soon as i posted it, Ali Cook goes, dam.

Simbazz said:
KP has a shocking decision, but he still isn't hitting form, he should be letting the ball go there in the first place.

Great to see a partnership from Cook and Collingwood but today has been pretty boring. Hopefully we can see some good aggressive stuff if these two get to 350 without losing a wicket.

It'd be disasterious if we were to lose a wicket now.

Edit; As soon as i posted it, Ali Cook goes, dam.
That's they way KP plays.Cook got a shocker but you have to take them decisions.But why they didn't refer the Pietersen dissmisal is beyond me surely they were some doubt in real time.Vaughan was back at his best shame he got out the way he did.

Murali Magic said:
Murali is playin so well, i am happy that he beat that australians record number of wickets.

He has done fantastically well yes. Sri Lanka will surely find it hard to replace him when he packs up and retires! Which for teams around the world can't come soon enough!

It makes no sense to not go to the 3rd umpire when they arent sure, if the umpire actually looked certain i wouldnt mind it but you could tell he wasnt sure which is quite disapointing.

A lot rests on Prior here, we could do we a ton from him. If we can get past 350 it's at least something to bolw at.

So far it's been too many starts from the batsman but no-body has pushed on.

Good day for England, just ruined it letting the second wicket partnership continue, tomorrow we need to get them out for under 300 to have a chance of winning!

England have a good change here with Sanga gone, early wickets are crucial are harmison seemed promising today. Its a bit unfair of the umpires to pick on Stuart Broad on his debut his nerves must be all over the place.

Timed Out said:
England have a good change here with Sanga gone, early wickets are crucial are harmison seemed promising today. Its a bit unfair of the umpires to pick on Stuart Broad on his debut his nerves must be all over the place.
Umpire.Serves Broad right he was on the pitch all the way through his opening spell.Showed he's can perform under pressure though thought he bowled really well.Would like to see Harmison bowl with more pace tomorrow.

Thought Broad came back well from the umpire warning but you have to ask why was he doing it in the first place. I'll give him nerves but he doesn't seem like an overly nervous individual.

Anyway, Sri Lanka have their noses in front (just) at the moment and England need a strong day with the ball tomorrow. Bundle them out for 275 and we have a chance.

Thats basically hte match gone and any chance of the series being won gone. With england the bowlers havent been performing and when they actually have the batsmen have failed them, need to work as a unit more.

COME ON ENGLAND!

Only chance England will have is if they manage to get through the Sri Lankan line up before lunch. Bat at a high tempo for 2 1/2 to 3 sessions to hopfully set a 300 target in 2 1/2 - 3 session remaining.

jayawardene missed out on his double ton. sri lanka are on top but their playing too slowly. i dont think there will be a result from this match. unless sri lanka bundle out england for less than 150-200 in the 2nd innings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back