England vs WI

SteveyD

England vs WI

Anyone watching this?

Absolute farcical rules on rain ruining the game and the result . . . basically won by WI by winning the toss :(
32 required from 22 balls as opposed to chasing 192. . .

Re: England vs WI

The rules need changing because a team should not be able to knock off a score of 191-5 in 6 overs by scoring 10 an over.

Still, the rules are the rules and West Indies won, if not on merit :p

A win against Ireland seems pretty straight-forward though, seeing as how we knocked the Windies bowling attack for 9.5 an over and Ireland were bowled out for 68.

I think this match and the ZIM/SL one have made it pretty clear what most people already suspected - DL is just not a good method for T20s.

IMO most of the problem is that 5 overs is just too short a timeframe to extrapolate the whole match from. I really think that if you can't get through at least 50-75% the match then a washout should just split the points.

It should have been a minimum 80 from six overs.

The Zimmas needed just as few too, but don't have the class at the top of the order otherwise Sri Lanka would have been going home.

SteveyD;399080 said:
Anyone watching this?

Absolute farcical rules on rain ruining the game and the result . . . basically won by WI by winning the toss :(
32 required from 22 balls as opposed to chasing 192. . .

Suck it up and deal with it.

If you were half educated about DL, you'd know that the significant point about West Indies revised target was the fact that before the rain came the West Indies were 0/30 off 2.2 overs. A rollicking start by anyone's standards.

I am sick and tired of people commenting on Duckworth/Lewis who simply don't have the slightest idea about how the formula works, nor are they willing to make the effort to at least learn.

The West Indies started like a train, that made the target more reasonable when they came back on the ground. Why? Because the rain disadvantaged the West Indies because it stopped their innings when they were in full flow.

If the Windies were 3/15 when the rain came, than the target would have been entirely different.

D/L is the best formula we have got, until someone comes up with something better I'm willing to stick with it.

Massive LOL's at your protest about the toss having to much bearing on the match considering past events. :D:eek::rolleyes:

Caesar;399090 said:
I think this match and the ZIM/SL one have made it pretty clear what most people already suspected - DL is just not a good method for T20s.

IMO most of the problem is that 5 overs is just too short a timeframe to extrapolate the whole match from. I really think that if you can't get through at least 50-75% the match then a washout should just split the points.

I also think so.

Back