English County Playes in Australia

mas cambios

English County Playes in Australia

Derbyshire batsman John Sadler will spend the winter in Australia as part of a £1m England Cricket Board scheme.

The 26-year-old will play cricket in Western Australia and is one of 18 players taking part in the project.

Sadler told the club website: "I was extremely keen to impress with my new club but I slipped out of form.

"Hopefully a winter of cricket in Australia will see me get runs under my belt, get my confidence back and return in 2009 at the top of my game."

From the BBC

I just saw this and wondered who the players were and if any are at clubs that we have members at? If so, what is the deal here, I take it the ECB is paying the clubs to take them?

Re: English County Playes in Australia

Chris Benham from hampshire i think is playing for Hawthorn-Monash Uni in the Victorian Premier League, he also played for Casey-South Melbourne last season

Tom New, the keeper for Derbyshire is playing for East Belmont in the Geelong Cricket Association. Bit of a step down from first-class to club cricket so he should dominate

Here we go.... ;)

English bowler joins Lions

English fast-bowler Stuart Meaker, 19, will join Fairfield Liverpool Lions in two weeks for the rest of the 2008-2009 Sydney Cricket Association season. He plays for Surrey in the English County Championship.

allrounder;282415 said:
what about any decent sri lankans over here

Ex Sri-Lankan test player Roshan Jurangpathy plays for Bedford-Morley in Western Australian Suburban Turf Cricket Association (WASTCA).

Jurangpathy played two tests for Sri Lanka in the 1980's.

Some guy called Marshall came over last year and played for one of the WA grade sides.

Strung together a few tons and took a few wickets.

Was a pretty good pick up but i don't think he has come back this summer.

There is a bloke who has just come over from Pakistan after playing several ODI's for them and about 120 first class games. im told that the ODI's were played against Australia.
his name is M.Jamshed and he is playing for Lalor Stars in the DVCA.

also believe Shahid Afridi's cousin is playing in the DVCA currently dont know the name though.

fmr_13;285537 said:
There is a bloke who has just come over from Pakistan after playing several ODI's for them and about 120 first class games. im told that the ODI's were played against Australia.
his name is M.Jamshed and he is playing for Lalor Stars in the DVCA.

also believe Shahid Afridi's cousin is playing in the DVCA currently dont know the name though.

Shahid Afridi's cousin is the new Curator at OP's, he plays ones at OP's and took 7 wickets a couple of weeks ago. His name is Tahir Afridi and looks exactly like Shahid

Alex Hales playing for Croydon I think in the Subbies comp.

Young guy who is developing up at Nottinghamshire I believe (could be Northants tho :confused:)

Meaker went alright! :eek:

NEW English recruit Stuart Meaker made a stunning debut for Fairfield Liverpool against Parramatta at Rosedale Oval last Saturday.

The 20-year-old took four wickets and spearheaded the Lions to a six-wicket victory.

With the first day's play washed out the previous Saturday the match reverted to a 120 overs game with the Lions making 4-146 chasing down Parramatta's 145. Mitchell Williams topscored for the Lions with 34 not out. Bowling first, the Lions dismissed the visitors in 52 overs, with right-arm paceman Meaker taking 4-36 from 15 overs. The consistent John Boulous took 3-33.

Meaker, 20, who plays with English county team Surrey, was recruited several months ago and arrived last week. Cook said Meaker played for the Lions' Poidevin-Gray under-21 team last week before making his debut in the top grade.

Stuart bowled with good pace and he will bring extra strikepower to our attack,'' Cook said.

Englishman impresses on debut for Fairfield Liverpool - Local News - Sport - General - Fairfield Champion

He's even got a blog going on the Surrey website! ;)

Surrey Abroad- Stuart Meaker

Back