English Premier League Thread (All Discussion)

Re: English Premier League Thread (All Discussion)

Which team do you support?

Pompey

Who are your favourite players?

Used to be Defoe, now Kranjcar and Calamity James

Which team do you hate the most?

Chelsea and Bolton

Which players do you hate the most?

Defoe, Ashley Cole and Robinho

How are you team travelling?

Poo. Another promising start and fell away to mid table. Now sitting in the bottom half for the first time in a couple of years. Crashed out of EUFA in the group stage.

Any big injuries in your team?

No. Can't use that excuse.

How will they finish the season?

Mired in mediocrity and unmet expectations, lost their manager and half of one of the premier league's best strike duos.

Are they currently playing in Europe?

GAHH!

Jolldo87;310467 said:
Hougie and Dirk, feeling a little scared now?
No-one truly ever expected Liverpool to win the title this season- if we pull it off- then it'll be a wonderful surprise, but really its another step to get us closer.

I think its great that you lot are getting slightly worried that we are catching up, and continually improving our squad to compete. And so you should be. ;)

liverpool-fc-crest.jpg

Aston Villa

Ashley Young, Laursen , Bouma

Birmingham City, Liverscum and Man Utd.

C Ronaldo, Tim Cahill (Bit most hated person is Fagot Ferguson)

Very well with a small squad but great manager

Carew. Laursen. Bouma

Hopefully top 4, but prob 5th.

Yup, and doing okay

Chelsea, and it's been since the Zola days.

McGeady, Benzema, Essien

Liverpool

Cristiano Ronaldo, Fat Ronaldo, Ribery

Um, things are going okay at the moment. I would love for us to be equal with Man Utd though.

Yes, but we are still playing okay. No excuse.

We will be playing European football again next year but I think we will come to rue some crucial conceded goals and lost opportunities.

yeh boy.

Chelsea

Frank Lampard,Shaun Wright-Phillips & Jose Bosingwa

Liverpool & Man U

Cristiano Ronaldo, Torres & Rooney

Super away from home...average at home,which is pretty damn surprising

A few.

Top 3.

chyeah

Lets get some discussion going in here boys! (looking at you Dirk your knowledgable well some of the time :D on BigFooty)

Personally I think Spurs have done alright in the January transfer window:

Bringing in Defoe (big plus in my mind, wasn't shocked he went as he wanted first team action) but getting him back love it.

Chimbonda was always one of my favourites so im just happy to see him back.

and the biggest one would have to be Cudicini. Haven't really rated Gomenz (nor have a few of the fans) he plays alright but just has brain fades here and there. But our stocks are so thin our number 2 (cant remember his name) just was an epic fail for us.

Put on a couple of multies:

mancity
fulham
spurs
Liverpool

10 bucks @ 25 (bit rough especially with Liverpool vs Chelsea)

and

Had another one as a bit of a laugh

Stoke or Draw
Middlesborough
Spurs or draw
Aston villa
Newcastle or draw
Hull
Fulham

5 bucks @ 44.13

Bit of a laugh over the sat night / sunday night.

Spurs have not done that well in my opinion, DK.

Defoe still needs 6 good chances a game before he can score. His injury is very unfortunate as we will now play a 4-5-1.

Pascal Chimbonda... Why did we get him back? We need to sort out the LB rather than RB. We have Corluka, Gunter and Hutton who are RBs... Gunter should be on loan. I suppose if CHimbonda is playing RB, Corluka can play CB more. But he is too agrresive. A good defender, but just doesnt have the mind set.

Overall, we had to pay nearly 6 mil for Defoe after him being gone for a year, and 3 mil for Chimbonda when if anyone, we should have got Steeeeeeed back from Sunderland.

Cudincini is a good pick up though. Not sure why you do not rate Gomes, D.K. Yes, he made some awful gaffes at the start of the season but he more than made up for that in the past two months and has probably bene one of the better Keepers in the EPL since then. You need to look psat the first few stuff ups.

Alnwick is the one you are thinking of D.K, and he is our academy goalkeeper. Shouldnt have been playing, but needed to as Gomes has been injured.

Rumours are we will get Keane back. Hope it doesnt happen. I like the sound of Pav and Keane up front, but then Defoe will be on the bench and he will not be happy again. Plus I dont want Keane back after the way he left us. Not a true yid.

Should get a few of you guys over to BigSoccer for a chat as well! ;)

Name there is the same as here!

You'll find me in the Australian & Liverpool forums mainly!

Ahh should get some of those English fellers over at Big Soccer to come over here. Need some easy targets to banter on with.

Robbie Keane back at WHL. Was and still is my favourite Yid but confused why Liverpool would get rid of him. Torres goes down injured and they are stuffed. And us Spurs just bring back Defoe and now with Keane, we are now back to four strikers and give it 18 months one, two or all of them will piss off complaining about not enough first team action.

Profit is profit though.

COYS

D.K;320889 said:
Ahh should get some of those English fellers over at Big Soccer to come over here. Need some easy targets to banter on with.

Robbie Keane back at WHL. Was and still is my favourite Yid but confused why Liverpool would get rid of him. Torres goes down injured and they are stuffed. And us Spurs just bring back Defoe and now with Keane, we are now back to four strikers and give it 18 months one, two or all of them will piss off complaining about not enough first team action.

Profit is profit though.

COYS
Quite simply, he didn't fit the system that works best for Pool at the moment.

The 4-2-3-1 with Torres up top is our best formation, and Keane couldn't lead the line like that. He was best suited as a support striker, and at the moment Gerrard does a much better job than Keane at that.

So its a shame as I like the guy and hoped it would work out- but thats another example of Rafa being ruthless. If its not working, its better to get rid of them sooner rather than later.

In terms of if Torres getting injured- that isn't happening- so we don't have to discuss it! : )

Rafa being ruthless. If its not working, its better to get rid of them sooner rather than later.

Too bad Rafa's matchday moves are the complete opposite of ruthless.

He is far too content to play out a draw against a low club. It's going to be very hard for Liverpool to win the title with Kuyt as the number 2 striker. Rafa is going to have to manage Torres very, very well if Liverpool are going to have a real crack at it.

We've already got it won Jolldo.

He managed Nando very well on the weekend :cool:

Don't get me started on Robbie Keane.

Rafa never made the purchase to begin with, he was never wanted at Liverpool and as soon as Rafa could, he shipped him off.

Who the hell do Chelsea think they are?

There last 5 years and counting will go down in history for the biggest flop ever seen on the world games stage.

Who's the one player that would help your team the most?
I'm a Liverpool fan and i would love to have David Villa. Could just about put are name on the title i reckon. Would cost a shit load but.

Back