Eye exercises

akkers

Eye exercises

I believe there are professional drills that they use at county grounds to train professional and upcoming young players on how to use their eyes. Obviously we do not have access to such facilties.

Are there any simple and safe eye training methods that we can implement ourselves?

Re: Eye exercises

I have heard of these but I have never been convinced they are much use. I have seen drills with special equipment that is supposed to improve peripheral vision, but how much do you use that?

I have a yoga exercise told by my ex-coach long back and still do it.
1) Roll ur eye-balls from right to left making sure that u view it completely from right to left.
2) Close ur eyes.
3) Rub ur palms and place them over ur closed eyes.
4) Then slowly open ur eyes.
5) Again roll ur eyes from left to right Side.
6) Close ur eyes
7) Rub ur palms and place them over ur closed eyes
8) Then slowly open ur eyes.
9) Wash ur eyes with cold water slowly and wipe with cloth carefully.
This exercise is for better eye vision..do it daily slowly and calmly.
Please let me know about the feedback...

Virender

One that seems to work for me - play stick cricket for 10 minutes a day or so. Though it's a silly game really, I find it does help to focus the mind watching a round object coming towards you.

Ripping-LegBreak;353992 said:
Hi Virender, someone told me rubbing oil around the eyes will also improve vision. What do you think? It's Olive Oil i think.

I would suggest that you take your doctor's advice on the same.

I do not use any oil for my eyes...just cold water.

Virender

Of course, there are exercises which can improve various vision problems without undergoing any kind of surgery. It is called the Bates-Method which involves various eye exercises which you can perfect after practicing them. Your eyesight will improve dramatically and there will be no need to waer lenses to get a normal vision.

Without glasses

John,

the problem with the Bates method is that it only works with the muscles around the eyes, but doesn't really work on the root cause of the eye problem.

Since we are here on a cricket forum, a heavily one sided sport, meaning that a player works much stronger with one side of the body rather than being balanced, this means that you have to address more than just the eye muscles.

The Bates method and all the methods that just copy is used to work, but that was more than 100 years ago, when it was developed, and the world was very different than it is today. People used their bodies very different than we do in our world today.

Go to www.unleash-your-vision.com and watch the free 4 part video series there, which really explains that in detail. All the factors that are involved, not just eye exercises that are a waste of time.

With love,

Evgania

Improve Vision Naturally

I have heard of these but I have never been convinced they are much use. I have seen drills with special equipment that is supposed to improve peripheral vision, but how much do you use that?

Peripheral vision is actually very important because it allows you to soft-focus, meaning you can process more information with less conscious attention, which leave more conscious focus available for what you are focusing on, if that makes sense.

If you take cricket as example; you can focus less on the ball but more on how you bat, and where you'll place the ball, depending on where the players move on the field. In cricket it'd be really important to improve your peripheral vision.

But you don't need any special equipment for doing so, you just do it with your mind.

With love,

Evgania

Improve Vision Naturally

Back