Falling Away

phil2oo8

Falling Away

Hi, currently after changing my action thnks 2 liz telling me i was wreking my back. I am now bwling chest on feet straight down, inside left arm etc....but im spraying it dwn leg lyk a mong...i can only get it on da right line if its short or bak of alength......ino im falling away a bit 2 gener8 more pace and that its due 2 alot alot of natural big inswing that it goes dwn leg...but how would u stop falling away and how would u encourage a chest-on bowler to get big outswing aswell
thanks phil

Re: Falling Away

Stopping falling over depends on the bowler, some fall over naturally. When I'm doing it myself I make sure I concentrate on keeping my head upright and in the 'corridor' in a straight line going to the stumps from the start of my run up. I find that helps me but I've seen other people use poles or sticks stuck into the ground in a sort of corridor up to where they bowl to keep their body upright. I guess it depends on you.

I was falling away early at Winter Nets and it was because i wasn't running in straight. As soon as i straigtened my run up all was fixed and it's only on very rare occassions that my head falls away; but i know i've done it, so know when to correct it. Although i try not to think too much about the previous delivery as it can psychologically ruin your rhythm. Just bowl naturally, and i'm sure your coach will correct you if you're having problems !!

phil2oo8 said:
Hi, currently after changing my action thnks 2 liz telling me i was wreking my back. I am now bwling chest on feet straight down, inside left arm etc....but im spraying it dwn leg lyk a mong...i can only get it on da right line if its short or bak of alength......

From what you have said, you are bowling with too low of a bowling arm. Full balls are released mostly earlier than short balls, when the arm is pointing to fine leg (in its rounded motion) and the shorter balls (released later) are when your arm is in line with the batsman so they are straighter.

Take a video to confirm and get working on getting the arm higher.

Back