Fast bowling leg action

• Thread starter imported_swinger
  • Start date
I

imported_swinger

Fast bowling leg action

A question for the pace bowlers on the site (esp the guys who bowl sharpish- 70mph+) :

How much do you use your legs in your bowling action at the crease? not run up or jump but at the crease. More specifically- back and front foot. Do you make a deliberate effort to drive with your right leg and bring down the left leg hard?

Also do you think it is important to have a good size delivery stride? can having a short one be a disadvantage?

Re: Fast bowling leg action

Firstly, I always make sure that I use the crease effectively, so I try to get as much as my foot on on the line without being as no-ball.

As for the things you ask, I don't make a deliberate effort to drive but make sure that I have a good base with the left (well balanced etc) leg.

i understand proper bowling technique as the bowlers bodyweight coming over the front leg- so would bring the front leg down faster increase pace?

with the rear leg im thinking along the lines of a boxer driving his leg and hip for the power right hand- what they call "killing a cockraoch" in some boxing gyms- using the ground to really power the motion

I think you have it for the rear leg, it's the hip drive that adds to pace, so I guess that if you could add the leg to that drive in one movement it would help to increase pace?

As for the front leg, I can see what you're asking and it's intriguing me, again, as a guess, if the leg was to be brought down quicker and as part of one fluid motion, I see no reason for it not to help increase pace.

Back