Fast Bowling Study

Status
Not open for further replies.

FBI

Fast Bowling Study

I'm looking to find the common biomechanical attributes of fast bowlers who share the same physical attributes as me - simply list all the pace bowlers you can think of who share these physical attributes and played since international cricket after 1995, no more is required - I will do the biomechanical research.

Medium to small height
Slender build
Flat footed
Long, skinny legs
Powerful shoulders
Ideally left arm, doesn't have to be.

Re: Fast Bowling Study

Almost_Austwick said:
Bruce Reid for a start, although he was pre 1995. A good fit though, especially for what your looking for.

That's exactly the sorta thing I was looking for, thanks.

I probably should also mentioned that he was tall but he was a fast bowling, skinny left armer.

Even though he is not an exact match it may be worthwhile to look at him due to the high amount of injuries suffered, he may give you a few areas to avoid.

What about Chaminda Vaas? Left arm and a decent player?

Has to worth your while looking at a variety of left armers, especially as none of them tend to be out and out pace.

Have you thought about any of the West Indians? Marshall, Collins for example. Even Holding?

That is a really good point, I guess the lack of talent (well not lack of talent, maybe lack of application?) in the current squad means you tend to overlook the West Indies.

Collins is worth a look though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back