Fast Bowling Video

Re: Fast Bowling Video

Sorry Virender, I can't see this video very well; its quite pixelated and jumps.

Any chance of another one?

If so, can you take it from the batsman's position, show the whole body, including feet at all times and include the follow through.

I have captured the bowling action in 4-Photos.
Hope I would get feedback & advice regarding the bowling action.
Please do advice as I am looking forward to work on this bowler so as to
improve his fast bowling skills.

From what I can see Virender, this is quite a good action. What do you hope to improve?

The run up looks good [I knew my background in forensics would come in handy one day :D] although I cannot see the length of the follow through.

I would have liked to see the point of back foot contact to see what the non-bowling arm was doing and what type of action this is. Is it mid on or is this rotation from a front on or side on action? I would have big concerns if this was a side on action.

I would also have liked to see how he brings his front foot through; was it straight?

Because this bowler leans quite a bit to the left, his non-bowling arm does not come straight down and back but sweeps through the air pulling him further to the left.

The angle of his front foot at contact encourages him to rotate so that his hips are turned 90degrees to the wicket rather than pointing forward as he starts his follow through. This would reduce the efficiency of his follow through and places a lot of strain on his left knee.

Thanks Liz,
His front foot toe points towards the slip and gully region and would this affect his bowling.
Do u think he should point it straight.
Their is a video attachment just one post of yours.
Just see wether it is helpful or another video from different angle would be required.

Hi Virender,

Unfortunately, I cannot download the video; for some reason I keep getting a 'not compatible with windows message'.

I think it would help greatly if he kept his front foot straight but it is more the angle of his back foot at contact that I would be more interested in. Is there anyway you can let me have a photo at this point?

Liz,
I have watched video and the back foot points mostly straight or towards the leg spin region.
I hope the photos would be useful.
Following is the same video attached in youtube.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQko1zhOBLc[/ame]

The video plays in stop-n-slow manner but it migthbe useful to see his back foot contact.

Sorry Virender, the photos and video are inconclusive.

What I would really like to see is two frames back from the first photo you posted. I am not happy with the back foot but I really do need to see it at the point of contact. The video is really not sharp enough but the position of this contact appears different in each of the two actions. I really need to see several attempts or photos of the back foot contact from several attempts before I can say definitely what is bothering me.

Liz,

I could not click photos as the whole team was present and it was raining as well.
But i Observed his back foot contact.
He is a right arm fast medium.
At the point of delivery his left foot points towards the slip and gully region and his right foot points towards the square leg or mid wicket region.

Back