FBI Pre Season 2008/9

Re: FBI Pre Season 2008/9

I assumed you were, but then, I shouldn't make assumptions!

Very interesting though ;)

BTW, I know I said you should think about an MRI scan if your shoulder is not recovered by the start of the season but as it has been a year now, I am really surprised you have not already been referred for one.

Tbh, this issue is that there really is generally no pain - the issue is intermittant weakness or pain when I really 'do it in'. I can't tell them exactly where it hurts, so it is hard to get specifics to my physio - who I haven't seen in a while btw.

FBI;323688 said:
...I can't tell them exactly where it hurts, so it is hard to get specifics to my physio...

This is why you should have been referred for a scan. There is obviously an issue but it is impossible to work on it if it cannot be identified. Having said that, if you explain the motion that causes the issue, it should be easy to isolate the problem.

Next time it happens, go for a scan. In the meantime... PREHABILITATION! ;)

Indeed, I'll start work on the rotator cuff on Thursday. I have some nets tomorrow and want to rest up for them (still a bit sore from nets on Sunday - especially the left shoulder, which is the bulk of my pace) but after these nets I have half term which is a good week or so to exercise the rotator cuff among other things. Will try to get a video on tomorrow, but it is unlikely that I'll take the camera to school, for obvious reasons.

Had a session yesterday, was a bit sore from Sunday but a few deliveries and the soreness went away, which was quite helpful. I bowled at a decent pace, quicker than this time last year, but nothing to write home about. I bowled quite a bit short as I wasn't getting much swing and wanted to get the muscles all moved out, but I am aware that short bowling does not work in England, unless we have another summer like 2005. I batted awfully, tbh, but I was extremely tired from what had been over an hour of bowling.

Got a video of me throwing a short distance throw, will have more later, was just my brother testing out his camera phone and I'll get some long distance throws probably by the weekend.

YouTube - 17022009006

Request to have this moved to Boundary Chat...

Did 10 mins of boxing yesterday - first session in a while. Just did the left handed stance, probably should have done both arms and my left lat is rather sore today, but I'll even it up with a right handed session today.

Have started doing the lying presses on the exercise ball again after confirmation from Liz about the technique and have shelved the sitting overhead presses after comments from miCoach.

I have been doing planks daily for a few months now, between three to four a day.

I have been trying to work up the strength to do chin ups but I find them extremely difficult for some reason and am currently hanging with palms facing away to try to build up the strength.

FBI;326719 said:
Got a video of me throwing a short distance throw, will have more later, was just my brother testing out his camera phone and I'll get some long distance throws probably by the weekend.

YouTube - 17022009006

Could we have a look at some side on and front on action too FBI?

No worries FBI but it would help to see a few more throws before we comment, to see if you do anything consistently.

Yes absolutely, tbh, this was just my brother testing out his camera phone - not bad is it?

Not bad at all for a phone camera but more importantly, your brother is good with it; very little movement. What phone does he have?

Had a nice 15 minute (approx.) boxing stint just now. It worked quite simply: put a song on, on my Ipod shuffle, box at high intensity until the end of the song, switch stance and repeat until the end of the fourth song. Really felt like a good workout and good to see my hands steaming once I took the gloves off.

Had a net session on Sunday afternoon, went pretty poorly but not too bad. I was pretty stiff throughout the session but started consciously trying to complete the action toward the end and it really helped. I was bowling slow, short and getting no bounce beforehand and when I started doing it, the pace increased, it became a good full length and it was generally more zippy.

I tend to feel that my action is far too much arms and not enough upper body. My arms swing around my bod in a haphazard fashion and I can't keep a nice controlled form like Stuart Broad (as an example) because I try to generate power through the action in my load up, it is probably the wrong way to go about things but does anyone have any advice?

Had a net session on Wednesday and it went okay but not too good. The bowling was okay but the ball wasn't coming out of my hand right for the beginning of the session and I wasn't getting much bounce. My natural length at the session was too short too and I didn't feel I was getting a sufficient leap in my action, not so much through soreness as not finding a good rhythm, it was a satisfactory bowl though. I batted for five or ten minutes at the end and was feeling quite good until the quickie went over the wicket (right arm over to left handed batsman), absolutely hate that angle!

Quadruple post, lol...

Had a small bowl in the garden, trying to increase the arm pull (distance between arms at or just after backfoot contact) and it came out quite well, will give it a try at nets tomorrow.

Back