Finger again!!!!!!

Stumped

Finger again!!!!!!

Liz,

i managed to Jarr my middle finger again, same one as last time. took the ball right on teh tip of it.....

it went a funny colour and could not bend it for a few days!

it still husrt nearly a week later..... any ideas on patching it up to play tomorrow? baring mind i;m a keeper! (i kow i should not play, but ive got two weeks for it to heal on holiday from next week!

Re: Finger again!!!!!!

Stumped;28234 said:
...i know i should not play...

:D

If you must... and I know you must ;) Ice it muchas and take ibuprofen.

Take ibuprofen before the match and after if necessary and make sure there is plenty of ice on hand. Good luck!

it crossed my mind last saturday night when it was black and felt like it was going to burst! but it would be a shame to cut off such a bent finger!

liz will ice still help now?

If the photo is recent, yes. The finger is quite inflammed.

NB. The ibuprofen is for the swelling not the pain.

well its not the same size as its opposite finger on the other hand but its certianely half the size it was last weekend!

i will get some ibuprofen tonight!

Our 1st team keeper puts some kind ointment on his fingers before and after keeping, says it helps reduce any aches or pains and bruising.

It might be something like Tiger Balm (its certainly not relgex or deep heat); I'll ask him when I next see him.

Tiger balm is very similar to deep heat and the likes!

gone are the days when a slab of uncooked meat would be used! then cooked after the game!

One thing to remember... never, ever apply heat to bruising or inflammation.

Heat dilates the blood vessels, increasing blood circulation. The last thing you need in this situation!

And both of them are turkeys, what does that tell you? :p
My word that looks painful, hope you pull through

well you will be glad to know liz my finger now has 3 weeks rest from cricket as i'm going on holiday! wahoo!

is it best to keep it strpped up? the swelling has gone down but it still hurts to touch or ben at the first (top) knuckle?

That is great news.

Let it heal naturally but if you decide to play volley ball [or something similar] buddy tape it to be on the safe side.

well its certainly feeling better after 3 weeks rest, it now only hurts in a certain place, the top joint from the tip of the finger on the sides off it? but i can quite happily keep with it again just a little bit of strapping on the joint to help protect it while it heals!!!

damn bones dont heal very quickly!

Back