First Post

BattingAt12th

Hello everyone! I would like to introduce myself to this form. My screen name is BattingAt12th and I am turning 15 this year. I have just started playing cricket and am not very good at it so pardon any glaring mistakes I might post here! I have not played any cricket outside of school but I am seeking to improve.

So, hello world!!
BattingAt12th

I've been working on my bowling action for a couple of seasons, but the season before that I had the best strike rate at our club and a sequence of games where I took 4 wickets in 3 games for virtually no runs. But last couple of years it's not been so good cos of the changes I'm making. This season looks more promising as the new action is pretty much grooved now and I've moved away from bowling loads of different variations and simplified that aspect of my bowling. I'm useless at batting though, you'll have to look out for when I post batting Q's and give me some pointers.

That is pretty good strike rate. Do you have any other spinners that play in your side or is it just you and the quicks.

Back in those days (2008) the captain was a finger spinner and the club I played for had a very good spin ethos. There were games where we fielded 3 finger spinners and 2 wrist spinners including myself. Good days. I've changed clubs recently and now play for the same club as my 2 sons. They're not so supportive of spinners and are wary of wrist spinners as for the last few years they've had a 'Wrist Spinner' who gets a game ocassionally who lands the ball off the strip quite frequently. I got a few games last season and took some nice wickets, round the back of the legs dismisals. I'm hoping to get to more games this season with the change of action, hopefully in the nets over the coming months I'll be able show that I'm a half decent bowler of wrist spin. Ironically the 1st XI's leading wicket taker, who also took the most wickets in the district league as far as I'm aware is also a wrist spinner.

hey, I'm new to the forum too. Sorry to kinda hijack this, but how do you start a new thread??
You need a certain number of posts first, not sure how many at the moment probably 25 or something, ask on the feedback board and an admin should help.

Hello everyone! I would like to introduce myself to this form. My screen name is BattingAt12th and I am turning 15 this year. I have just started playing cricket and am not very good at it so pardon any glaring mistakes I might post here! I have not played any cricket outside of school but I am seeking to improve.

So, hello world!!
BattingAt12th
Hey guys

Just went to crown king sports and got some sick gear

Back