Fittness

Auzayr

Fittness

Hi,
I was wondering i am thinking of buying some home gym equipment and I dont really know what to get, so could you guys help me choose the right fittness from argos less than £50 which will help my cricket. I have already got a set of dumbells so anything else aprt from that.

Thnks

Re: Fittness

If you got somewhere to hang the bag, then this could be an idea.

Would help to work on fitness as well as helping hand-eye co-ordination.

My preference in order of convenience/ price/ usefulness...

a) Boxing kit; Regardless of it's potential for aiding strength/ power and cardio. health, I firmly believe that the greatest benefit of boxing is the understanding of how your body moves - the best, and most powerful positions, etc. Incredibly underrated benefit.
b) medicine balls of different weighting; great tool for warm ups and warm downs, as well as core strengthening aides (twists [though i'm not a great fan], woodchops, etc), and great for power development (overhead puts, etc)
c) Quality barbell + Weights; infinitely more useful than dumbells... though nobody, including myself, really realise this when they are first becoming interested in fitness. A barbell can be, and should be, a novice athletes best friend.

.... or you could buy a barbell + weights + squat rack and have all the tools for cricket carry over: except a gym membership is probably cheaper. ;)

id go for more things for cricketing skill like a rebound net for the garden, or some other cricket aid, for fitness you dont really need much equipment as there are so many exercises they use bodywheight and work really well, if it where me buying a peice of equipment id get heart rate monitor and a workout DVD like P90x as it makes it more fun and you dont slack as much.

Back