following thorough fully

phil2oo8

following thorough fully

hi,
i was just wondering if anyone can think of eny drills or things i can do to ensure i follow through fully includin with my shoulders....

Re: following thorough fully

Bowl with dumbells (the lightest pair you can find, within reason), without releasing the ball.

it should help you get used to driving your arms completely through and behind, which ought to create the sensation of completing the follow through

unccricket;28757 said:
it should help you get used to driving your arms completely through and behind, which ought to create the sensation of completing the follow through

Indeed.

Virendersingh.berthwal;28759 said:
If anybody has any photo or video to support the statement...it will be useful to understand.

What is there to understand. Bowl with a dumbell in each hand (no run up needed) and look to follow through with correct form (bowling arm through fully, non bowling arm facing the sky).

On the downswing, it forces the arms fully through. Just try it, but keep the weight quite light.

phil2oo8;264221 said:
hi,
i was just wondering if anyone can think of eny drills or things i can do to ensure i follow through fully includin with my shoulders....
Champ for a minute I thought you had me. Until I read your thread. When you were talking about following through I thought uh oh then I read that you need some help with your bowling action so that you can follow through without hurting yourself.
Try doing some shoulder stretches and maybe do some weights. Good luck.

It might be obvious - but if it's anything like Wrist Spin Bowling - CONCENTRATE on what you're trying to do, don't arse about only ever practice with 100% intent.

Back