Foster earns Lions call up

mas cambios

Foster earns Lions call up

The England selectors have named three replacements for the Lions tour of India with James Foster, Charlie Shreck and Steve Kirby being called up after injuries to the Worcestershire pair Steven Davies and Kabir Ali.

Rest can be found at Cricinfo.

Seems that Foster is firmly in the slecetors minds should Ambrose or Mustard fail to impress in the coming months. A bit of a blow for Davies though, he's still my tip for the top in the coming years.

Not too impressed with the call up for Kirby, can't say that I rate him that highly. He had potential a few years ago but that's gone along with his pace. An average season for an average club isn't international form. Can see why they've gone for Shreck as he'll add height to the attack but again, not really one for the future.

Re: Foster earns Lions call up

Foster was unlucky not to be in the test squad in my opinion. But his batting does let him down a bit as he goes through hot and cold spells.

A lot of batsman go through hot and cold spells. He is being picked for his keeping though.

I read a stat on the BBC that the last 2 England keepers have cost England over 1000 runs due to missed chances. Makes a dip in batting form seem minor?

England really need to pick a keeper who can keep. Their secondary function should be batting, but they should be selected for their keeping first and their batting second

Don't want to start a new thread for this but I see that the Lions were in action today against a Mumbai XI.

Luckily the tail wagged or they could have been in strife. Foster waded in with a 40 odd but I'll be keeping an eye on how Rashid does.

I was going to post something up but never got round to it.

Vikrant Yeligati played for a team near me last year, a good lad by all accounts, took 34 wickets at about 26, which isn't bad considering the rubbish summer. Nice to see him kicking on a little.

Back