"Front on" or "Side on" action ??!!

Re: "Front on" or "Side on" action ??!!

yeah i probably should. im told that it looks like i almost a chucker. my current action isnt smooth enough, causing my arm to jerk.

oh and by the way im going to have to take your word on that pars interarticulus stuff because i really have no idea

jimmy33 said:
oh and by the way im going to have to take your word on that pars interarticulus stuff because i really have no idea
That's why I am here :D

A stress fracture of the pars interarticularis in the spine is an overuse injury and is more common in young athletes involved in sports requiring a lot of bending backwards and rotation of the spine such as throwing, tennis, baseball pitchers and fast bowling in cricket.

If you are interested, take a look at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pars_interarticularis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spondylolysis

We had a match this weekend but the other team didnt show, possibly cos it was 40 degrees , so our team had a scratch match. i took jimmys advice and slowed my pace down and worked on line and length(though it was only for one over) :p. I felt that i bowled really well and i gradually brought my pace up without losing accuracy :D

what a bunch of lazy buggers! :laugh:
we played in 45 degree heat on game and it wasnt that bad :p
But im glad my advice worked and hopefully next weekend the other team will show up, so you can blast them away with fast accurate bowling :D

can someone give me a video on front on and side on bowling??
or explain it
im pretty sure i no hwat it is but not 100%

This is a basic explination of the different bowling actions. If I've missed anything feel free to add it.
First I'll explain the side-on action & then the front-on action.
(This explained for a Right-handed bowler.Just reverse it if your a left-hander.)

1st. Side-On,used by most of the bowlers worldwide. The basic action is when your bowling you look at the batsmen from the left hand-side of your front arm & your back leg is turned towards the umpire.

2nd. Front-On,used by fair amount of bowlers made famous by Steve Harmison & Andrew Flintoff. For this action you have to look to the right of your front arm. And your back leg faces the batsmen.

like 2 say front on was made famous alot earlier by the rapid west indians of the 70's nd 80's

Back