Future International Stars?

New Zealand are good at blooding young guys. McClenaghan really looks the goods. I am also very impressed by James Neesham, who I think has a lot more to offer at the international level than he has shown thus far.

I am a huge fan of the humourously-named Quinton De Kock from South Africa. Most of the fuss has been around his explosive limited overs batting, but at 19 he is already a genuine gloveman as well. IMO the Proteas have finally found a genuine Test keeper to fill the void left by Boucher.

Daniel Bell-Drummond is one to keep an eye on for England over the next few years. Has only played a handful of first class and List A matches so far, but he has performed respectably and has been a genuine star at youth levels.

Yes, Virat Kohli will be Indian cricket star for the future time too. As we see he has been doing comprehensive practice with cricket bowling machine and also his determination to Indian cricket is superb. Kohli will be International star for long time.

Left hander Nic Maddinson is about to get his first opportunity in the 20/20 match tonight against India. He was the youngest ever player to score a century for NSW at just 18 - some achievement when you look at the talent NSW has produced over the years.

So...a question to come out of the NZ/Ban Test series. Do people think Mominal Hague will be a star for Bangladesh or is this great form going to wear off and he's going to become another Ashraful?

What is it about left arm inswing from over the wickets that makes it so dangerous?:)

I'm not sure. It just feels awkward as a batsmen. We have a left arm inswinger in our team and he's not the quickest but I don't like facing him because I don't like the ball coming back into me from that angle.

I'm not sure. It just feels awkward as a batsmen. We have a left arm inswinger in our team and he's not the quickest but I don't like facing him because I don't like the ball coming back into me from that angle.

Spin can't really be compared to swing, but do you feel the same way about an in-spinning delivery from that angle?

Spin can't really be compared to swing, but do you feel the same way about an in-spinning delivery from that angle?

Not so much. I like most...find facing leg spin more difficult to face which is ironic because I'm a leggie myself haha. I can pick the deliveries some of the time but I'm not the best of batsmen anyway and I just try and slog them most of the time.

Not so much. I like most...find facing leg spin more difficult to face which is ironic because I'm a leggie myself haha. I can pick the deliveries some of the time but I'm not the best of batsmen anyway and I just try and slog them most of the time.

Leg spin - I'm a left arm leggy myself (chinaman) Do you mean any leg spinner or just away spin in general? It's interesting that Warne preferred bowling to left-handers when the ball wa turning (which sounds like every ball he ever bowled to me) But I can understand why, they have to play each ball and with the spin he got it wasn't as simple as trying to go down and smack him around (much easier to do that with your everyday rolling not so much on the money off break bowler) How about you? Do you prefer bowling to right handers or southpaws? And have you ever faced a chinaman? :D

Back